I left Le Sport 48 hours ago after my first visit - and the experience was just so fantastic, I have already booked myself another 10 days holiday there in 3 months time! This really was the best holiday I have ever had - and I have had many trips all over the world to compare it with.
I went as a single traveller, and never have I felt so totally relaxed and comfortable (apart from when I checked in - the reception area is very low key and gloomy, and on initially going to my single garden view room, it seemed a bit musty and shabby. Luckily I had one of only 6 of the 29 single rooms with a proper terrace rather than those awful gated french windows).
Within 12 hours though, I know I had made the perfect choice. From the 7am morning walks, delightful breakfast of freshly cut fruit, a small but lovely beach with ample loungers, constant service of water and drinks by the waiters on the beach, great range of fitness activities - and of course the daily spa treatments. Where else can you escape with a wonderful lime and ginger body scrub and massage - then return to sun on the beach, via the Deli for a delicious fresh salad, and a sundown cocktail - taking in one of the many exercise classes throughout the day to counter the champagne and beer (though I would add that the gym could do with some newer equipment. Adequate but not great).
The communal table is a fantastic idea for single travellers, and through this I met some wonderful holiday companions - you never need dine alone at Le Sport. Evening is normally the worst time for singles - not here! Thank you to my dining pals who I met freely throughout the day and added to the overall social experience.
Service could be slow in the Cariblue restaurant, but food and wine generally good quality - and the Tao restaurant is truly superb and you must visit Tao more than once during your stay. A wide mix of guests - from couples, families, all ages (though thankfully no young children) with great staff who seemed genuinely interested to make this an experience like no other.
Whilst the overall cost may initially seem high - the quality and value of what you get is indeed priceless.
Would I recommend Le Sport? Why yes! Especially for 40 something single women like myself! I can truly understand why 60% of the guests are "returners" and I will be amongst that ever growing group when I return in 3 months time.
Thank you Le Sport for a holiday of a lifetime! I will be back, though next time I will spend a little extra on a luxury room rather than a garden view.
PS I like many hate turbulent flights, and it was extremely bumpy on the way back over the Atlantic. Amongst screaming babies and crying children, I just put on my eyeshades, dreamt of being on the massage table - and slept blissfully for hours, only being woken by the smell of breakfast coffee. Never has turbulence felt so relaxed!
- Also Known As:
- The Bodyholiday, Lesport Hotel
- The Bodyholiday, Lesport Hotel Castries
- Le Sport St Lucia
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Castries
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Hotel Castries
- Bodyholiday Lesport
- The BodyHoliday, LeSport St. Lucia/Castries
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BodyHoliday, LeSPORT - The only vacation to combine the pleasures of personalized rejuvenation in a luxurious holiday environment with the opportunity to acquire skills and insights that will enhance the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The BodyHoliday, LeSport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.