“Highly Highly Recommended for Solo Travelers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The BodyHoliday, LeSport

You added The BodyHoliday, LeSport to your Saves list
The BodyHoliday, LeSport
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cariblue Beach | Cap Estate, Castries 437, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Castries
New Jersey
“Highly Highly Recommended for Solo Travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I traveled solo to Le Sport October 1-8, 2011. It was the first week of the grand re-opening of the resort after the big renovation. Let me just say right off the bat....i'm going back October 2012 and have extended my stay to 10 days! I can wholeheartedly say that it was the best vacation I have ever had as my first solo holiday. The staff was fantastic as were all the fellow solo travelers I met. We became fast friends, and in fact, hence one of the reasons I'm going back in October...for a reunion! So, if you are a solo traveler, I urge you to JUST DO IT!!!! You will not be disappointed! Although I arrived solo, never did I feel solo as I would partake in activities with my newfound friends, both male and female!

Le Sport has everything I look for in a vacation...from the fantasic Spa (daily spa treatment included) as well as land sports, water sports, spa classes, i.e, yoga, fencing, gym, aerobics, just to name a few! Two of my favorite land activies were archery and golf! I couldn't fit it all in! The food I thought was fantastic, never a bad meal. You will see some amazing sunsets and feel so relaxed by the time you leave, you WILL want to go back! The beach was perfect! always a chair to lounge in.

Arriving literally on the first day of the grand re-opening, there were a few kinks, but nothing to complain about as I didn't care....I was there and not here! Staff was literally hanging curtains in my room as I walked in...kinda funny I thought! I had booked a luxury ocean view room which was had fantastic views! This trip I have booked a single garden view room as I found myself not in my room very much, basically just to shower and sleep.

The Body Holiday Le Sport, no matter if your with family, a couple, friends, or solo, it's my new favorite resort. October will be my second visit to Le Sport, but the fourth time to St. Lucia. The island itself is, I believe, the best in the Caribbean!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This holiday spot has something for everyone looking to rejuvenate their mind and relax their body. My husband and I went to this hotel for our 10yr anniversary - the last time we were away was 10 yrs ago in the Dominican for our honeymoon. This place certainly has exactly what we wanted and then some. You can fill your days with a tonne of different activities or you can spend your day on the beach and chill. Whatever your body needs, it will get including spectacular food prepared from scratch.
Highly recommended for singles or couples looking to really get away!

Room Tip: Spend the extra $100 or so and get a room on a higher floor- the view is totally worth it along with...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dunboyne, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Myself and my husband are just back from 10 days, it was amazing feel like a totally new person, couldn't fault anyone or anything. There was a great range of activities even for me, a complete beginner the staff were brilliant and very obliging and then to top it all off, the treatments up in the Oasis just made it all the more amazing. Have been there twice and already booking it for next year. You just feel like your in a bubble away from the rest of the world, definitely worth every Penney.

Room Tip: Love the ocean view room to watch the sea from your balcony while sipping on your tea in the early m...
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I went for our honeymoon the last week of June. The weather was fantastic, high 80s, humid, with a little afternoon rain here and there. We were pleasantly greeted upon arrival and enjoyed a brief overview of the grounds as we were shown to our room. While walking the grounds, it was obvious that some of the structures are newer than others, mainly the restaurants and amenities. The structure of the hotel itself has seen better days and looked a bit worn down. We had a deluxe ocean front room and were a bit disappointed in the size of the room. The bathroom was updated and modern and the room had a Caribbean decor.

There is a ton of activities to do throughout the day from health/fitness to water sports to discussions, etc. There is definitely something for everyone. We enjoyed tubing, paddle boarding, water skiing, snorkeling, archery, and much more. You can make it as active or relaxed of a trip as you wish.

Initially, having a spa treatment each day was a luring factor in our decision to stay at this resort. At expected in an all inclusive resort, the spa treatments were average. Every now and then we would have a particularly good masseuse, but it was unpredictable. The facial isn't much more than some different lotions be rubbed on your face, but enjoyable enough nonetheless. There are definitely upgraded services available if you wish to do so. Definitely book your treatments early as the schedule does get full.

The restaurants were okay and food was as expected. The restaurant/bar staff was pretty mediocre, since they don't work for tips they don't have much incentive for customer service or friendliness. There is decent variety for all meals. Tao is the nicer dinner restaurant, reservations are required. We are from Los Angeles and consider ourselves foodies, we felt Tao's food often lacked flavor and innovation. (The wait staff at Tao was significantly more impressive than the other restaurants.)

The beach itself was gorgeous. It is a private cove, so there are no locals trying to sell you anything. We felt safe leaving our belongings on our beach chairs while we would go in the ocean or grab a bite of food. While on the beach there are flags to put up for service/drinks. The drinks are very weak and we rarely "felt" the alcohol. Regardless, a refreshing drink always hits the spot.

They offer nightly entertainment that was a fun opportunity to hang out and chat with other guests. On Friday nights they offer a Sunset Cruise to all guests followed by a beach BBQ. This was a great time and definitely a highlight of our stay.

All in all, the hotel was as expected after reading other reviews and the website. I do not intent to sound negative and had an enjoyable stay, but believe these are things that I would have found helpful.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Myself and my Husband had an amazing time here! We stayed 24th June - 1st July and I cannot reccommend the place highly enough.

There was loads to do, although equally you can just sit back and relax if you want to too! Everyone recieves a one hour spa treatment a day - which is awesome - the spa is as big as a hotel, its fantastic! They have a lot to do, like archery, kayaks, snorkelling, hobbicates, pitch and putt, tennis, pool and table tennis, for the divers they have dives during the day and night, the sunset cruise on a Friday was just brilliant - all complimentary!

The food - the best I've had - the breakfast is the biggest buffet breakfast I've seen - all fresh and the food was of a very high standard, for lunch you have three options, another brilliant buffet in the main restaurant, a grill type place with gormet burgers, kebabs, noodles and pizzas to order in the bar area and at the 'smootie bar / cafe', also on the beach theres sandwiches/rolls, soups and fish cakes - biscuits and cakes are all around the place, theres afternoon tea by the bar area 4-6 daily and for dinner theres the main restaurant which is a la carte - fine dining or the posher 'tao' restaurant which really is amazing - the food here is honestly the best food I've eaten in my life!

The staff were brilliant, there were lots of them and they were happy, friendly and worked incredibly well, we never waited more than afew mins for a drink, they even serve you on the beach - you can put a little red flag up if you'd like service in the pool areas / beach, although you rarely need to as the staff come around regularly with glasses of pimms and fresh towels.

We stayed in a deluxe oceanfront room, it was amazing, very spacious, cleaned twice daily, very well air conditioned, we had fresh flowers and towel arrangements, in our room when we arrived we had a cheese and cracker plate and a nice bottle of red wine.

I cannot reccommend the sunset cruise highly enough, it was beatiful and a LOT of fun!!!

We tend not to go back to the same place twice as we like exploring.....however.... I dont think there is any place we will ever go to that will beat the pure luxury of this place!!!

Only downside is the 76 large, steep steps to the spa!! -Mind we needed a walk after all the food we ate and alcohol we drank! This place is so amazing I bet they'd drive you up if you wanted!

Hope this helps :-) Thank-you The BodyHoliday for making our honeymmon perfect!! :-)

Cheryl and David James

Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We couldnt fault the hotel everything excellent staff were fantastic loads of activities, food was to good put on lots of weight treatments were so relaxing my wife and I have very stressful jobs
this was just what we needed it was so relaxing didnt have to do anything but chill 14 days of bliss we will definately be back and live entertainment every night fantastic could of gone on to 12 but ended to early ay 11 pm

Room Tip: luxery ocean view sound of the sea and view of beach and mountains
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Wow, what a fantastic holiday! Spent a week here in June. Weather was very hot and humid, 100-110 temp daily with only one morning of rain, which quite frankly was a welcome relief!!
The staff are incredibly helpful and kind. My daughter got very burnt whilst out there and the staff were very concerned about her welfare. I got stung by jellyfish whilst snorkelling ( which was amazing), staff were very helpful and experienced with the aftercare.
The aerobic classes are high impact, even the body stretch was not for the faint hearted!!
Tai chi at 7am with Edwin was amazing, hummingbirds made a daily appearance, wow!
Rooms were clean and spacious, only negative was the hairdryers, horrid flimsy ones in the wall of the bathroom.
Food, well, what can i say, amazing! lots of it, fresh, tasty and as much as you could eat!!! The fudge was yummy!
Will definitely go again.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a balcony overlooking the bay. 3rd floor upwards should guarantee it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to The BodyHoliday, LeSport? Share your experiences!