“Another great holiday at Le Sport The Bodyholiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The BodyHoliday, LeSport

You added The BodyHoliday, LeSport to your Saves list
The BodyHoliday, LeSport
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cariblue Beach | Cap Estate, Castries 437, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Castries
London
“Another great holiday at Le Sport The Bodyholiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

This was my 3rd holiday in 18 months at Le Sport and it still delivers, for me, each time. I'm a single traveller so the Single Garden View rooms are perfect for me - modern, clean, comfortable - I prefer a higher floor with some kind of views but those on the 3rd floor do have patios with loungers on.
The food was as good as ever - but the service in the Cariblue restaurant in the evening was really hit and miss. Tao restaurant was also extremely good - but there are a few more dishes that require additional payment this time.
The Oasis and spa treatments were good - but not great. Therapists scraping chairs in the middle of your treatment or just chatting the whole way through - however this was only during the basic inclusive treatments. Upgraded treatments meant a more qualified therapist and therefore a better treatment.

Normally I would give Le Sport 5/5 but only 4/5 this time because of the above. Some people may think that Le Sport should be perfect, but its laidback ambience and the fact that its not perfect makes it such a relaxing place to stay. The other holiday-makers are also the key - everytime I have been I have met so many friendly people. Everyone talks to everyone - its not a cliquey snobby place at all.

The part of the holiday for me was the diving. The shore dives are good to help you get back into the swing of diving but the boat dives are the best. Sure they cost extra (USD60 for 1 tank, USD90 for 2 tanks) but they are worth it... doing a drift dive along a reef wall at 70ft at the foot of Gros Piton was such a thrill, or doing a deep wreck dive in one of the many west coast coves was magnificent.

If you've never been to Le Sport, enjoy a laidback holiday atmosphere, want to try different sports or spa treatments, and aren't in search of perfection then this is the place for you.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
New Orleans, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2008

The LeSPORT was HEAVENLY. I actually won the trip there as a promotion to gain more American tourists and could not have been more pleased. The staff is incredible (we went for my birthday and they all wished me a happy birthday like they had known me for years) and the resort could not have been more pristine and tranquil. The daily spa treatment INCLUDED in your nightly fee will spoil you! I'm trying to plan my honeymoon now and keep leaning more and more towards going back to LeSPORT (and their spa)!! If you visit be sure to make a reservation at TAO (a highly rated restaurant by Traveler magazine). The food all over the resort is wonderful. Not always what you may be used to, but isn't that the point of traveling!? The rooms are fairly bare (no TV) but the view from the balcony is what your really after! The amount and variety of daily activities included in your stay is astounding! There isn't enough time in the day!! We had a fantastic time and WILL revisit the LeSPORT (whether it is for our Honeymoon or not). I feel relaxed just typing about our stay!! I recommend the LeSPORT to anyone visiting St. Lucia/the Caribbean.

• Liked — The Spa!
  • Disliked — Food was not available 24/7. A little too limiting.
West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2008

LeSport had been recommended to my husband and I by my parents and by friends, so I really shouldn't have been worried about our stay there. However after reading reviews as to how tired the hotel decoration and rooms were, I had purposefully lowered my usually over-high expectations.

However, what LeSport lacked in shiny, new interiors, it made up for in friendliness and utter value for money.

All activities were well planned, well instructed from the water sports, to the golf, to the classes. This was impressive in its self, but what really shone for me was the high standard of spa treatments. I really wasn't expecting much as I've been to other 'luxury spa inclusive' holidays and have been disappointed with the attitude of the therapists, the short length of treatments and the quality. However not once were my husband and I made to feel that we were just one of many on a spa conveyor belt.

There really is nothing better, than spending a day relaxing in the St Lucian sunshine, eating good food and unexpectedly good wine, indulging in free water sports and activities and then rounding it all off with a free 50 minute massage/facial/scrub. It really was bliss.

Another thing about this resort that I have not found in any other hotel (and perhaps something that is sorely missed from the 5 star hotels we've stayed at) is that the guests actually talk to each other. Not in an over-bearing, fake friendly way, but in a 'I'm so enjoying my stay and feel totally relaxed, isn't this all just great' kind of way...

We were really intrigued as to why this relatively unusual phenomenon occurs at the hotel and this is what we've come up with:

A combination of good food and wine, St Lucian sunshine, a safe and social platform for single guests and the constant smiles from the St Lucian’s simply result in guests truly enjoying their holiday. The best drug-free antidote to stressful lives that you can find. Spread the word....

• Liked — Clean but simple
  • Disliked — Sounds terrible but it would have been nice to have had a TV in the room - just to catch up on news occassionally and for a back up if the weather was bad.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Caterham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2008

The Body Holiday does what it says on the tin - it gives you back your mind. We were so relaxed walking seemed a chore by the third day. All of the staff were excellent (apart from the reception staff who were apalling both when we checked in and out) and the senior management were very proactive in sorting out our minor problems. The sporting facilities and instructors were the best we've encountered - we literally didn't have time to try all the activities on offer and the food in both the restaurants and the cafe bar was faultless - it's easy to see why most of the guests return yearly. The only downside was the rooms could do with a modern facelift.

• Liked — The inclusive treatments and activities, the food and friendly staff
  • Disliked — The dated rooms and the unhelpful front desk staff
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2008

just returned having spent christmas and new year there this was our second visit.great improvement on the rooms we had ocean view which had been refurbed although our friends room was half finished.they seem to have upped a gear since our last visit.it is very clique at this time of year lots of plummy famlies with breeding but no manners.you have to be up early to bag a sunbed.they should address this issue.we thought all staff werehelpful including front desk who have been critisisedin other reviews.watersports good and the guys were very helpful and the hobies were all in good condition .scuba centre was a complete shambles we booked a intro to scuba for 9am.at 10.30 one of the staff turned up and hadnt a clue what was going on we gave up on this one spoke to general manager no real interest or an apology.golf is excellant course much improved and new club house if you are on your own try and hook up with other golfers in the hotel as some people found it hard to join up with other groups at the course.le sport needs to decide if its all inclusive or not as more and more items appear as a supplement our best meal was in tao but this cost us £200 for our wine and food for four.the mark up on the wine would make even some of the top london restaurants wince.new years eve was a complete shambles they open this up to non residents and they could not cope with the amount of guests they had.if you hadnt ordered your wine at supplement! you had no chance of getting a glass of wine.this is a great hotel with a high return rate of guests and great for single guest of all ages .the management should be more proactive with all guests

• Liked — all good
  • Disliked — is it all inclusive!
  • Stayed November 2007
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2008

We were so excited about our stay at the bodyholiday - we went at peak season so i can't even begin to tell you how expensive it was - but it was a real treat so we thought why not and I have to admit we were quite disappointed.

We arrived on an internal flight from the Carribean so nobody was there to greet us which was a shame as if you arrive from London then there is champagne to greet you etc. We were told our room would be ready in a couple of hours - which turned into 6 hours. It was then the wrong room. We went back the next day as we were told we would be able to move around 2pm - we didn't move until around 6pm. The concierge and reception are ABSOLUTELY APPAULLING. And I don't say that lightly - so so rude.

anyway we finally got to our room and it was fine. We had booked a suite but the 'suite' was 2 chairs - not good at all - the pic on the website is TOTALLY misleading.

The hotel is very cliqqy at that time of year - full of very rich families and their older children - we thought there would be lots of people our age - but sadly not.

That's all the bad stuff - the good stuff is that it is an amazing resort on a beautiful island and it really really is stunning. The food was incredible - seriously amazing - you have to go to Tao. The staff (apart from reception) was wonderful and we had a ball.

I would really go there again - at a different time of year - as i had a truly wonderful time. The facilities are amazing - BIG TIP - make sure you buy tennis shoes with white bottoms as we had to go to Rodney bay to buy some.

The whole thing was wonderful - i just wish Le sport wouldn't take it from granted that people go back there & instead review the rooms etc.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ellicott City, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2007

Recently returned from my second visit to LeSPORT and it appears it could use a bit of a touch up. The marketing strategy is well done but management may be resting on the appeal of the spa and losing focus on other aspects of running a top notch facility. Having our airline "mis-placing our baggage" didn't help start our vacation out on a good note, but things got worse when the resort requested a fee to bring us a toothbrush and toothpaste to freshen up whilst our luggage arrived. The same evening our re-furbished room's thermostat sparked, smoked, and nearly caught fire. Fortunately we were present in the room to notice the faulty thermostat. Reserved a Luxury Ocean Front Room, was moved to a Single Room for the night, with no compensation for the inconvenience. Poorly done. Now for the good news. The resort offers more for the money than any other facility I could find. More quality food, quality drink, quality entertainment, quality water sports and activities than one can consume. The wait staff is friendly and service oriented, I wish I could say the same for the front desk personnel after our first night's experience. Nice beach, the room is adequate, small but it serves the purpose. Again, you should never want for anything during your stay from food to drink to entertainment, sports, weather. It's all good. But management should keep a keen eye when things do go awry for service recovery. All in all, I would return and hope the resort takes note of the few shortcomings which would clearly rise the facility to a 5 star establishment.

• Liked — the all inclusive treatment
  • Disliked — service recovery for issues
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The BodyHoliday, LeSport? Share your experiences!