“Thought I'd died and gone to heaven!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The BodyHoliday, LeSport

You added The BodyHoliday, LeSport to your Saves list
The BodyHoliday, LeSport
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cariblue Beach | Cap Estate, Castries 437, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Kent
“Thought I'd died and gone to heaven!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I had high expectations from this resort... and it surpassed just about all of them!!

Food - No complaints at all. I ate at Cariblue every morning for breakfast and the choice of healthy and slightly naughtier food was all delicious, the guy who makes the omlettes and eggs, never let me down. I ate in the Deli for lunch... the Beet salad is delicious and the chicken wraps... Yummy!! No end of combinations of juices and frappacinos from here... In the evenings I ate at either Cariblue or Tao, loved both, Blackened Mahi-Mahi in Tao... to die for!!
The Clubhouse Mojitos were great, and selection of wines vey good throughout.

I had a single room and it was modern and adequate, great powerful shower in the bathroom and a very comfy bed... could you want more in a hotel room?? I had a small terrace which was an added bonus that I didn't expect.

The Gym is the best I have ever seen in a resort hotel... but suprisingly didn't use it as much as I normally would... Spinning classes great especially Gaston SpinMax for an hour - awesome tunes and workout. Did the Ocean Kayaking with Ron and the GM Mark on the Friday, great workout that I'd never do back home, so beat the gym hands down!! Also did Beach fit (Boot camp on the Beach) with Tony... definitely earned my breakfast every day.

The Oasis spa was very accomodating, if they could change something for you they would!! The steps up there are a good workout... no where near as bad as people make out, made the relaxation even better at the end of the climb!! Love the Aloe Wrap, great on the sunburn!! But beware after the scrub that you remove all the oils before applying your sunscreen... I got slightly burnt after this one (perhas also something to do with the fact I spend 8 hours a day on watersports!!). All the girls are lovely and great therapists, a credit to the resort.

Now for the 'piece de resistance' for me... Watersports!! Mr Gaston the watersports manager is lovely and all the guys that work with him Eric, Damian, Jervon, Josiah, Ron, Kerby, Dennis, Kelvin, Miguel, and Omar.... These guys Rock!!! Love them all..... Soooo Patient, and if they don't enjoy their jobs they cover it really well. I spent most of my week with these guys, Skiing, Hobie-sailing, Kayaking, tubing and just spotting for them on the boat, Missing them already!!

The downside of this holiday???
It came to an end!!
When I first went to St Lucia in November 2009, I was quite set that I didn't go back to the same place twice... Too many places in the world to see!! I have travelled to other places in the last 2 and a half years, but have been drawn back to this island for the fourth time, breaking all my rules... I'm now going to throw away the rule book completely, I KNOW I WILL undoubtably be back to this resort later this year!!

Room Tip: Beware of the shower... tend to be so powerful that they wash the bathroom floor at the same time yo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
MarkLFrances, General Manager at The BodyHoliday, LeSport, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Hi Fiona

Hello Fiona…we wouldn’t normally advise breaking the rules but in this case we’re happy you did.

I expect quite a lot from my Food & Beverage team and they always deliver; reading this review gives me further confirmation of this. What you’ve pointed out and one of the things I love is that despite having this state-of-the-art gym you can find other ways of getting a great workout if you don’t feel like using it. Our guys at Watersports undoubtedly love their jobs…it’s not a bad job to have at all. I’ll be sure to let them know you’re missing them.

We’ll see you very soon!

Regards
Mark Frances

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I spent a week w/my sister at The Body Holiday in late April & although we are two very different women, we both had a wonderful time. I'm into fitness, (healthy) food & fun; my sister works crazy hours & recently underwent major surgery, so what she really needed was a pampered rest. The resort fulfilled all our wishes -- lovely, well kept facilities, many fresh & tasty food choices, top notch spa treatments and an attentive & well trained staff. I travel extensively all over the world & always stay in 4 or 5 star establishments, but don't often take the time to write a review. I don't frequently revisit the same place because there is so much world to see, but I'm eager to return to The Body Holiday. I believe it's an ideal destination for women traveling (even alone). Even though the resort was fully booked while we were there, securing lounge chairs was never a problem. There are many lovely areas to relax. Likewise, we never had to wait for a table at meal time, there was always space in fitness classes, the gym was near empty & activities / water sports were readily available. The only problem we encountered was in booking additional spa treatments or moving treatments around. Be sure to give this some thought well prior to your arrival, to avoid disappointment. The only negatives I noted were lack of wi-fi in guest rooms & a significant climb up to the spa. This didn't present a difficulty for me, but for an elderly or less fit person, it can be an inconvenience. Last comments -- virtually all dining facilities and clubhouse are open air. Had I realized this in advance, I would have left my sweaters at home & packed only very lightweight clothing. I wonder what they do in inclement weather, but happily, the weather was perfect our entire stay. The clientele was mostly fitness conscious, mid aged professional types, although there were a fair number of honeymooners, young couples & singles (mostly women). Everyone had smiles on their faces :-) Most people I met were repeat visitors, VERY IMPRESSIVE. Surprisingly, roughly 80% were Brits, 15% Canadians & only about 5% American. Why haven't my fellow Americans discovered this resort?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I’ll definitely need to thank my team for a job very well done.

Yours is an example of how The BodyHoliday allows our guests to do as little, or as much as they like. Much has been done to ensure that our solo travelers are very well taken care of.

You will be pleased to know that complimentary shuttle service is available on request for anyone who needs help getting to and from the wellness centre. We highly recommend that our guests use our bespoke vacation personalization tool on our website to get treatments, both included and extra, sorted prior to their arrival to ensure that they’re all sorted and worry free when they get here.

Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to see you again in the future!

Regards
Mark Frances
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My wife and I came back for a second visit in March 2012 to check out the resort after the renovation. We could not have been more more pleased by what we found. We had really enjoyed our visit in 2011, but the visit in 2012 was even better. The renovations only enhanced an already terrific resort. We got more involved in activities this time around and that really helps in meeting people, and also heightens the overall experience of your vacation.

The non stop activities, the quality of the staff and instruction, the quality of the food and choice of restaurants are superb. The resort never feels crowded because of all the activities going on. The included treatments at the Spa are a wonderful bonus. The staff and management (Jermaine at the piano bar and Magdalena at the spa especially) go out of their way to make your stay really enjoyable. I especially enjoyed the golf instruction with Edwin, pool and beach volleyball games, morning walks, cycling tours. I pretty much enjoyed everything except the mosquitoes.

We have travelled fairly extensively in the Caribbean.....Sandals in St Lucia and Jamaica, resorts in Bermuda and Bardados and while we liked all of them, this is the only place I will go back to again and again.

The Helicopter is a pretty sweet way to get to the airport. Hopefully will be back soon

Room Tip: Oceanview King room was really nice
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My new wife and I have just arrived home after spending 6 nights at LeSport for our honeymoon.
You do see a lot of bile and rubbish spouted on TripAdvisor - and having used it extensively to help me choose the holiday, I thought I'd try and give an honest opinion of what things are like.

We went through a travel agent and a company called Lusso. It all became quite convoluted when we arrived and were told we were being dealt with by Spice Travel, who then had a lady called Christine who worked for Sans Souci Ltd on behalf of Spice..... Despite all that things went well - all our private transfers turned up on time and Christine even went into town from our hotel to get some placemats that my wife wanted, which was impressive. What she didn't tell us was some sort of local knowledge - e.g. tipping.

Anyway, about the bodyholiday. When we arrived things were ok - we pulled up in our taxi and took our bags through to the reception (on the day we left, they had someone waiting for you with a glass of bubbly and someone to take your bags - not there when we arrived, but it had recently been raining)
Unfortunately then our room wasn't ready - however, we were given a tour of the resort and then settled into resort life! Our room wasn't ready until 4pm, but they then let us keep the room a little later without a late checkout fee, which was good, although a little bit of a struggle.

Room
We booked the deluxe beachview Suite (259/260) which was a beautiful room with an anteroom to sit and relax and then a wonderful bedroom and balcony. We had a bad run where we kept coming back to our room to find housekeeping inside, but you can't fault them for that.

The staff were absolutely lovely and helpful (Ash in Tao, Jeramaine in the piano bar).
Resort
I saw a fair few negative reviews re:building work, but there is certainly no building work going on there now and the resort looks clean, new and impressive. The clubhouse has regular entertainment, a fantastic bar and has the grill in the evening. The cariblue restaurant is where breakfast+lunch are served and where one of the evening dinner options is located - it does a la carte dining with daily specials and food service is speedy.
The beach is fabulous, and I'm pretty sure there is no way you could be bored here - there is sailing, archery, all sorts of fitness..... more than you will be able to do in a week.
Spa - amazing, daily treatments - no need to say anymore about it

Excursions
We booked the more expensive land and sea, which was definitely worth the money - the view at the Ladera resort is spectacular. However, what we were not told was that in all the 'included tours' that we went on the tour guides were not actually paid but just lived on the tips you gave them - bit awkward for us as we did not bring much cash, but you could easily have spent 60 - 80 EC dollars on tips on top of the 180 US dollars per person - quite steep for a day trip. Free bar on the boat was amazing though....

Overall, great place for all types of people (the fitness fanatics could be a little intimidating but there were other honeymooners like us about) with great food and facilities. I heard from others that their rooms were a little dated, but if you wanted you would literally just use it to shower and sleep. Slightly disappointed that it took a while to sort out waiving the late checkout fee (our holiday was very expensive and we took one of their best rooms) but sorted out in the end. Would definitely stay here again and hope it continues to do well.

PS - It is a long way from Hanowarra airport so if you feel like splashing out then get the helicopter from Castries (instead of over a 2 hour drive, you have a 30 min drive to the airport in the North and then a 13 minute helicopter ride). Well worth the price and gave us basically an extra half day in the resort.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Mansonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have traveled all over the world and stayed in all kind of hotel and resorts up to Relais & Chateaux, we are not the type of customers to return to the same resort but we will return to The BodyHoliday, Le Sport and will reccomend it to everyone we know.
We will return because the place is UNIQUE, the activities are unique I do not know of a place that offer so many different sports, the wellness center is excellent, professional yet friendly, the food is excellent and there is never a waiting line anywhere.
The wine are all good and if you want to upgrade the list is complete and affordable.

Room Tip: take a de luxe ocean view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I had one of the most fabulous holidays in LeSport this year. The staff is absolutely amazing, friendly and absolutely spoiling guests of the resort. This place just caters for everyone, it has a spa - I had a full body massage daily, gym - I tried yoga which was mind blowing, watersports - did waterskiind, kayaking, snorkling, lots of organised activities. The food is delicious, with lots of choice including fresh tropical fruits and loads of salads. I would highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

We spent 5 days in Anse Chastanet near Souffriere before moving here and it proved ot be an excellent combination on this stunning island.
Bodyholiday is a great place ot be if you want ot be have spells of activities combined with relaxing massages and time spent lounging with a book on the beach. Swimming here in the sea is as near perfect as I have experienced anywhere, and I am a keen swimmer. There is so much to choose from everyday the most tiring part is deciding what to do. I went for the early morning walks to various local vantage points, conducted at a good pace and thoroughly enjoyable for the company but you need trainers or walking boots. The breakfast was magnificent so some early morning exercise helped to justify the subsequent indulgence!.
Group tennis lessons conducted by a very gifted coach, Neil, who has the most amazing memory for names of anyone I think i have ever met, has that wonderful gift of being able to take a group of players of very varying ability and make it fun for all. The tennins courst themselves are absolutely first class and so pretty. Similarly the Zumba and stretch classes ensured no-one felt self conscious and everyone enjoyed themselves and the age range was massive.
The massages included in the all inclusive price were first rate. service was excellent, the rooms comfortable and the food varied and plentiful. we particularly enjoyed the Tau restaurant. the staff were very helpful when it came to our food allergies.
apparently 85% of clients return to this hotel which is a staggering statistic and certainly most people we talked to had been several times before. we did feel sometimes there was some discrimination in favour of the returning guests but I guess that is human nature. Many ladies had been their as solo travellers and there is no doubt that one feels absolutely safe and secure inside the grounds. Some of the activities are very difficult to book on to and that was disappointing, it is essential to know the system, but other than that this would be a brilliant hotel to book in to if you wanted to get fit, improve your fitness level or just unwind. Most people are very friendly and there are nice touches such as a communal dining table if you would like to get to know folk. The world is a big place so we tend not to return to places but if one wished for a week guaranteed to be fun whatever the weather, I can see the attraction of returning here, where everything is really first class.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to The BodyHoliday, LeSport? Share your experiences!