I had high expectations from this resort... and it surpassed just about all of them!!
Food - No complaints at all. I ate at Cariblue every morning for breakfast and the choice of healthy and slightly naughtier food was all delicious, the guy who makes the omlettes and eggs, never let me down. I ate in the Deli for lunch... the Beet salad is delicious and the chicken wraps... Yummy!! No end of combinations of juices and frappacinos from here... In the evenings I ate at either Cariblue or Tao, loved both, Blackened Mahi-Mahi in Tao... to die for!!
The Clubhouse Mojitos were great, and selection of wines vey good throughout.
I had a single room and it was modern and adequate, great powerful shower in the bathroom and a very comfy bed... could you want more in a hotel room?? I had a small terrace which was an added bonus that I didn't expect.
The Gym is the best I have ever seen in a resort hotel... but suprisingly didn't use it as much as I normally would... Spinning classes great especially Gaston SpinMax for an hour - awesome tunes and workout. Did the Ocean Kayaking with Ron and the GM Mark on the Friday, great workout that I'd never do back home, so beat the gym hands down!! Also did Beach fit (Boot camp on the Beach) with Tony... definitely earned my breakfast every day.
The Oasis spa was very accomodating, if they could change something for you they would!! The steps up there are a good workout... no where near as bad as people make out, made the relaxation even better at the end of the climb!! Love the Aloe Wrap, great on the sunburn!! But beware after the scrub that you remove all the oils before applying your sunscreen... I got slightly burnt after this one (perhas also something to do with the fact I spend 8 hours a day on watersports!!). All the girls are lovely and great therapists, a credit to the resort.
Now for the 'piece de resistance' for me... Watersports!! Mr Gaston the watersports manager is lovely and all the guys that work with him Eric, Damian, Jervon, Josiah, Ron, Kerby, Dennis, Kelvin, Miguel, and Omar.... These guys Rock!!! Love them all..... Soooo Patient, and if they don't enjoy their jobs they cover it really well. I spent most of my week with these guys, Skiing, Hobie-sailing, Kayaking, tubing and just spotting for them on the boat, Missing them already!!
The downside of this holiday???
It came to an end!!
When I first went to St Lucia in November 2009, I was quite set that I didn't go back to the same place twice... Too many places in the world to see!! I have travelled to other places in the last 2 and a half years, but have been drawn back to this island for the fourth time, breaking all my rules... I'm now going to throw away the rule book completely, I KNOW I WILL undoubtably be back to this resort later this year!!
- Also Known As:
- The Bodyholiday, Lesport Hotel
- The Bodyholiday, Lesport Hotel Castries
- Le Sport St Lucia
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Castries
- Bodyholiday At Lesport Hotel Castries
- Bodyholiday Lesport
- The BodyHoliday, LeSport St. Lucia/Castries
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BodyHoliday, LeSPORT - The only vacation to combine the pleasures of personalized rejuvenation in a luxurious holiday environment with the opportunity to acquire skills and insights that will enhance the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The BodyHoliday, LeSport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.