“Amazing honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The BodyHoliday, LeSport

Save Saved
You added The BodyHoliday, LeSport to your Saves list
The BodyHoliday, LeSport
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Cariblue Beach | Cap Estate, Castries 437, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 17 hotels in Castries
Cleveland, Ohio
“Amazing honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed for five nights as part of our honeymoon and LOVED the resort. We have never received such good service at any other resort; everyone including the gardeners went above and beyond to help. They had such a constant variety of activities that we sometimes were able to do activities on our own with no other guests, such as learning about scuba diving or water skiing. We enjoyed doing some of the more unusual things like fencing and archery. The food and drinks were abundant and varied-- we especially enjoyed champagne on our balcony and banana daiquiris. You can have a formal sit-down meal or have grilled food at night. Tao Restaurant was a nice treat with excellent service and a more intimate feel, but we liked the Cariblue Restaurant and the beach grill just as much. Each day other than the first and last, you receive an included spa treatment, which is very relaxing. You can really do as much or as little as you want on this resort, and you'll be very happy. The clientele seemed to consist almost exclusively of middle aged British couples, but there were also some solo travelers or groups of friends, and we met a few younger American couples. The resort is one of the farthest from the airport, but the drive through banana plantations, with glimpses of the shore, was beautiful. The room was very comfortable with plush bedding and a nice tea area with a stocked refrigerator, but it was a bit on the small side. The resort provided generous amounts of Ren toiletries. Our room had only a shower, which had an unfortunate tendency of dripping water out because of the way the door was designed. Nevertheless, we are hoping to return one day!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

1,461 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
Rhode ISland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

This is truly a special place, all the positives every one wrote are 100%. I rated it 4 instead of a 5 for two reasons. 1. The beach is small, it is not possible to go for long beach walks and St. Lucia does not have private beaches, so there are children there. (On the other hand, the beach service is impeccable, plus, no stupid towel rules.) The other reason I did not rate Le Sport a five is because I was disappointed with the morning beverages. I have been to many all-inclusive where they put out freshly made juices in the morning, (Carrot, Celery, etc.), all this place had was lousy sugary drinks. For a resort that advertises body and mind cleaning, it is inexcusable they don't have fresh vegetable and fruit juices from an extracted.

Will I go back ? Yes, because the staff are wonderful people and I met the nicest people from all around the world their. The programs are great and everything is well run.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Just returned from a week at the Body Holiday and thoroughly recommend it if you want to get away from the stresses of life and focus on you. Think a week was enough but some people were there for 7! All age groups but would not say ideal for kids - especially small ones. Was travelling on my own and although a lot of women on their own this did not have sense of a "singles" holiday - thank goodness. Very impressed by range and quality of activities and very much a place where you can join in or enjoy your own company as you wish.
Common areas & dining all very good and a very relaxed ambience to the place. Would have given this a 5 rating but think bedrooms let it down. They havent had an upgrade more like a lick of paint which compared poorly to other 5 stars hotels and the Discovery at Marigot Bay where I had stayed for my first week.
That said I would definitely go back as felt wonderfully refreshed after a week of pampering and would highjly recommend if you need to recgarge batteries or get away for a week in the midst of an English winter.
One thing to be aware of is that the sea can be quite rough at times and this is not the blue caribean you may be used to. But pools are very nice when sea too rough.

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for Luxury sea view or superior
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Dorking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012 via mobile

I'm not sure when it all started, but everywhere you go now, beds have lots of pillows! If I engage my feminine side, they may look nice, but my masculine side tells me they are a waste of time and really just get in the way - just where do you put them when you go to sleep? All over the floor? So yes, the beds have a lot of pillows! It's my only real gripe. Seriously.

What a great place - okay, it's probably the furthest resort in the island from the airport, but what a place. Great staff - no, really great staff. If your not having a great time they get genuinely concerned and go out of their way to make sure you do have a great time.

Food was great - my wife is coeliac and she has never eaten so well. For an all inclusive resort the food is really good. The Cariblue restaurant was our favourite - didn't really get Tao (the posh option) but they made up for any concerns and errors with lots of extra wine. Like I said, great staff who can turn a problem into an opportunity to impress.

We met some great people, and would definitely return - we have never said that to any other resort.

Go and have a truly great time.

• Stayed December 2011
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

A friend and I spent a week at Le Sport in November and we both absolutely loved it! We chose this resort after research on this site and elsewhere on the internet as we were looking for somewhere we could recharge our batteries and forget about the stresses of London life for a week and BOY, did Le Sport deliver! It was absolutely everything we hoped for and more and we fell in love with everything about the resort as soon as we arrived. Every meal was delicious - an absolute abundance of great food to choose for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I especially loved freshly made poached eggs to order at breakfast, with muffins, fresh fruit salad (the pastries were also amazing - it all was - but I couldn't fit in all the food I wanted!) and the delcious range of fresh fish, salads and various hot options at lunch, it was all to die for!

We played lots of tennis but had to get up pretty early to play before the humidity got too bad, the yoga classes were great, and we also tried "zumba" a few days which was so much fun. The gym was also wonderful - not the usual gratuitious treadmill in a small room with no a/c, this one had full air conditioning and a great selection of equipment and weights.

We absolutely loved our daily massages too - what a lovely addition to a holiday - I had so many knots in my back at the start of the week but by the end of the holiday I felt like a new woman!

All of this combined with a very quiet and peaceful beach, top class service from the friendly staff and lots of great books and the holiday was just what the doctor ordered - I really felt "restored" and ready to head back and I now understand why so many people go every year!

The only reason I haven't given the resort 5 stars is because our room needed to have a loud dehumidifier in it which had to be kept on all night otherwise the whole room got really damp - this disturbed our sleep a little but was better than when we tried to sleep without it! Also, the refurb hadn't been fully completed when we were there which meant there was still some work going on during the day. Didn't bother us really and I would still recommend anyone to go, you won't regret it! And next time I go I'm sure it'll get the full 5 stars!

Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Buckingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

What can I say, it is the second time we have been to LeSport, and with the £20m refurbishment this year, the best has just got better. You just cannot fault it in any way. The Clubhouse is one of the most wonderful places to chill out, eat, drink, dance and read with the new half inside, half outside bar. The facilities are world class, but what sets LeSport apart is the staff and the general ambience. The staff are simply the best I have ever come across, they are amazing, so friendly and genuine, you can see they have a lot of pride in working at such an incredible resort.
This rubs off on the guests, who are as relaxed and welcoming as the staff, there is a real 'club' feel to the place which is difficult to achieve. I came back fitter than I arrived, despite the abundance of delicious food and cocktails.
Tips after our second visit, take plenty of your favourite clothes to wear in the evening, as people like to dress up, but not in a showy way. Make plenty of use of the free Spa facilities, they are truly amazing, and check out the new gym which is now one of the best I have used!
I would recommend the fantastic helicopter transfer, as the journey from the airport can be long and tiresome after a long plane journey, and the heli ride is one to remember!
We will be going back, nothing beats it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Overall it was a great experience (see other reviews), but here are a few things I would have loved to have clarified beforehand.

ACTIVITIES: Pilates classes are NOT everyday unless you pay for private sessions. The sample schedule of activities on their website is useful for relative frequency of events, but you won't get the exact schedule until you get there.

WATER SPORTS: These are not guaranteed. The location at the northern tip of the island makes it easier for murky water from the Atlantic to make it difficult to snorkel/scuba. If winds are high, no sailing or windsurfing. We were only able to sail 2 out of 6 days there. If you want to scuba, set something up in the south through someone like ScubaSteve Diving.

DINING: This is on the British schedule apparently. You can't be seated for dinner until 7:30pm which is late for us. Yes, there is tea time with light sandwiches. Yes there is a deli where you can get a salad or sandwich until 4pm. Just surprised us and wasn't our preference. The Tao is in such high demand it is hard to eat there more than once if you stay there a week. Otherwise food is healthy and delicious.

TRAVEL: SLU is really close but the flight times are pretty bad (like arriving at 11:30pm). UVF is 2 hrs away but you can arrive and depart at better times, including the taxi ride. I suggest just grabbing a taxi when you get there. It will be $80 compared to $95. We went through the resort and they just gave us a bottle of water and grabbed us a regular taxi.

SPA: Included treatments were a major reason we came. The Coconut and Spice combo is just a massage in some chair that makes your neck hurt. Just get the normal massage where you can lay down and be comfortable. NO STEAM ROOM or SAUNA! I just assumed all spas had these, but I guess not.

BEACH: Plenty of chairs. Private beach. Areas with shade. Not particularly long. The nude sunbathing area is not near the beach, it is up the hill on the roof of the spa. It would be better to have an area near the beach.

INTERNET: Only wired internet available in rooms. Have to pay $20 for the cable. Just bring your own. Wireless is only available in the Clubhouse.

All that being said, we would probably return. The staff is really friendly, facilities wonderful, food great, and weather beautiful. We got a deal from a travel website though. I don't know if I would pay the rack rate.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms not guaranteed to see ocean (you might have palm trees in way). But the sound of c...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The BodyHoliday, LeSport? Share your experiences!