We stayed at the Sandals Regency for our honeymoon. It wasn't quite what we expected. The staff was friendly, with their "no pressure, no problem" attitude that must be the national attitude. The room was fine, although we did have mosquitos biting us while we slept. Bring bug spray, we got eaten alive. I was hoping to spend my honeymoon relaxing, unwinding, being pampered in paradise.
I was surprised at the level of poverty in the Castries area. People
were living in plywood and sheet metal houses on cinder blocks, using
abandoned car parts for seats. It was sad. There were half sunk boats
in the harbor and SO much litter everywhere! Just junk strewn everywhere outside the resort.
When I travel, I like to bond with the country. I didn't feel capable
of doing that at the all-inclusive. But, I didn't feel comfortable venturing out on my own either. The roads are horrible, they drive on
the other side of the road, every car is manual. We went on a couple of the resort organized excursions, but be warned, they ALL depart at 8:30am. So much for sleeping in. It's also very limiting because you have to pick and choose what to do since everything is at the same time. We were disappointed because we wanted to scuba dive as much as we could, but of course, the 2 tank dive leaves at 8:30am also. We got in one 2 tank dive and we were only able to sleep in 1 day we were there.
Also, be aware, if you want to eat at La Toc or Kimonos, make your reservation as soon as you get there. They were booked out 4 days when we called, and we didn't get to eat there. We were so sick of the buffet and the TexMex place by the end of our trip. Another note on the food....I have a sweet tooth, and their sweets suck. Portions
for a 2 year old.
Sandals Regency is great if you want to party like it was spring break and drink like a fish. Not so great if you are looking for paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46” plasma TV’s, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls•Private car transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF)•“Stay at One, Play at Three” free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools. •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Saint Lucia‘s Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Orbitz so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries