We had a wonderful vacation at Sandals Regency from Feb 9th through the 16th. We're returning guests and were given a complimentary upgrade as such to Honeymoon Grande Luxe Beachfront in the newly remodeled area of the resort in rm 152. This was the perfect location for us as we spent almost all of our time around the main pool.
The room had a big flat panel tv, tile floors, a small sitting area, mini-fridge stocked with cokes and water, a jacuzzi tub and a nice vanity in the bathroom. We also had an electronic wall safe (though it was tiny!) in the closet. Enough room for a wallet and our passports and a few other small items but not big enough for a laptop (We didn't take one but a lot of folks want to know if the laptop would fit in the safe).
The restaurants at Regency were good -- probably better than most of the other Sandals we've visited. Its not 5 star dining but its better than Applebee's or O Charley's or other chains in the states. And for goodness sakes, if you get something and don't like it, order something else. The drinks are as weak or as strong as you'd like them. Just like at home, unless you call your alcohol in your drinks at the bar, you are going to get the house brand. House is not premium or top shelf but plenty of premium alcohol is available for the asking.
The staff at Regency from the housekeeping to playmakers to bartenders to servers at the restaurants are all excellent and very hardworking folks. My hat is off to all of them.
There is construction going on at the hotel but it is not invasive to enjoying your vacation. We were pretty close to some construction of restrooms by the main pool and it was not a big deal. They didn't start too early and definitely didn't go past 4pm or so.
We visited the other Sandals on St Lucia and were equally impressed with them. Halcyon is smaller but the Pier restaurant was awesome. The Grande is quite large and very new. We had a great dinner at Barefoot by the Sea at the Grande. Either of these would make a great vacation spot as well. We chose Regency due to excellent pricing at 50% off last fall and on return trips to St Lucia, we'll let pricing be our guide for which resort we choose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46” plasma TV’s, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls•Private car transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF)•“Stay at One, Play at Three” free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools. •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Saint Lucia‘s Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Orbitz so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries