“Plan to relax and have fun” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$305 Spa or Tour Credit!
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Birmingham, Alabama
“Plan to relax and have fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We went to Sandals La Toc for our Late Honey moon in October 2013 We stayed at the sunset Bluff in a the 2 story suite with Butler and Private Pool Room 808 Before I continue with this Review If you are looking for small bad things you will not have fun anywhere... I will write the pros and cons we have seen.

here is the bad stuff first:

- we do not play Golf so that did not affect us would not be fair to say anything about it .
- the Sea is quiet wild .. could only swim in twice within one week but the pool was a nice relaxation.
- the road from the Airport to the resort is horrible if you can afford the HELICOPTER DO SO..I took 2 pills each way and still no help almost although on the way back our driver stopped and let us take pictures the stop helped a bit with the nausea.
- The Mini bar in the room was not filled daily but we never ran out.
- the maids in our area seemed to clean the rooms late and we were early risers unlike most honeymooners... so we caught the room sometime not made up but we understood they did that on purpose not to bother folks staying in too late.
- there is ants outside by the private Pool but You are in an exotic island that is kind of expected... we did not have any bites from the ants or mosquitoes.
- We felt that they assigned the butlers too many customers we did not have too many demands from our butlers but felt that if you are paying this much money they should be able to assign you your butler for real or at least not to overwhelm them with the number of clients.

The good stuff:
- the Landscape and the views specially from the sunset Bluff is amazing.
- there is 3 pools 2 quiet ones if you prefer that but for us we Loved the Main Pool with the great pool bar wow Tasha does a great job and the music and the play-makers join the games and have fun playing darts, doing hydro exercise and just having wonderful drinks .. if you do not make it to the bar they always come by your chair and offer drinks [although the Butler could Provide a cooler full of drinks we never felt the need for it]
- Yes it is quiet the hike to sunset bluff and my husband and I are not quiet the slim kind but we walked it down few times and the shuttles were coming every 10 minutes to take you right up there butlers could pick you up as well but we mostly took the ride up .they were coming fast enough.
- ok the Food .. you have to try Armandos Italian for diner.. and the served in breakfast s good with great view.
- soy Have sushi but you need to be there early they do not take reservation and have limited space.
- La toc is great our butler handled all our reservations but we have met other couples that were staying in regular rooms and had no problem getting a reservation.
- PIon if I wrote that right was good a bit too spicy for me so if you can not handle spices well like me you might want to skip it but great if you like spices.
- Neptune's was great for lunch and Diner except that the service can be a bit slow.
the Pavilion is ok I would say but not a bad option.
we Liked the entertainment music, different bands, karaoke, charity Casino, specially the street Fair on Friday WOW what a show and the food Great do not miss it.
- we had a great Photo shoot as well
- We booked 1 trip through the sandals website the local Shopping tour .. outside the resort St. Lucia was safe did not feel bothered or harassed either in the local market or at the free duty .. I love to shop for local arts and crafts so I personally did not buy anything from the free duty Market. heard great Feedback from other couples that went zip lining in the rain forest or did the mud bathing at the volcanoes.
- we have tried the British pub they stay late have pub food .. and have Tv's with sport if you want to watch a game.
- the Piano bar was loud .. and too crowded not my thing but could see how other people would enjoy that.
- We had a great time at the spa.

PS: if you are planning on going to town do not do your shopping at the resort you can buy the rum and other souvenirs much cheaper outside but that is expected a bit.

Overall we had a great experience we would love to go back to Latoc and Saint Lucia.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,096)
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from this hotel on 24th Feb 2014 a surprise birthday treet
From my wife,flew BA direct from Gatwick standard room but there are
Many room types,helicopter transfer from main air port awesome,beautiful
Location good beach stunning views across the bay to Castries the capital
Of St Lucia,food very good lots of types Japanese,Italian,French,sea food pizza,&buffet.Staff all good at what they do,two that were particularly helpfull and friendly were Raymond the water sports manager & Mattia in the Italian restaurant,food was very good in all the places we tried.
The hotel also runs free buses to two other Sandals resorts and you can have free use of there facilities.water sports run snorkelling trips to the
Famous Pitons,and there are trips to Martinique a French island by catamaran.the hotel is adults only and is on an all inclusive basis ,enjoyed
our stay very much would definatley go to regency La Toc hotel again
In the future all being well. A&L

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

It’s always difficult for me to rate one of these resorts. Do you rate it based on how much fun you had? Or, just the resort itself? The two numbers aren’t always the same. I guess I try my best to combine the two.

I first have to once again thank Nancy Finn from MyIslandGetaways.com. We use her for all our vacations. I’d highly recommend her, especially if you live in SE Wisconsin.

The actual rating I’d give Sandals Regency La Toc is a 3.5, but since that’s not an option, I’ll give them an extra half point. This was my 5th all-inclusive resort (2nd Sandals).

The traveling part of our vacation was a disaster. We checked 3 bags with United (two suitcases and one set of golf clubs). My golf clubs made it to St Lucia on time. Our suitcases did not. My wife’s suitcase came the next day. Mine came the day after that. Horrible start to a tropical vacation.

We have no real complaints about the resort itself, but it just felt like something was a little off. Part of it might be the layout. Things feel a little cramped, but that’s due to the landscape. There isn’t a whole lot of room from the bottom of the bluffs to the beach.

SERVICE

The service was perfectly fine. The front desk staff was amazing with helping us locate our lost luggage.

Almost all the bartenders seemed very introverted, from what we were able to observe, and we used them a lot. There were times when we felt like an annoyance when ordering a drink and this is something we heard from several other guests. We weren’t bothered a great deal by this but found it very interesting because bartenders at other resorts have always been the life of the party. But they did make the drinks promptly, which is all that really matters. I don’t want this to sound too harsh, though, because I’m sure I’d be annoyed having to constantly serve tourists and not being able to receive tips.

The golf course employees were great. It’s very simple to get a tee time and get checked in when you get there. The caddies are simply awesome. They did a great job giving helpful hints to those who don’t play very often. I do play very often, so I didn’t need their help, but they are a joy to be around. And they are amazing with yardages since there aren’t any yardage markers on the course.

The drink servers during the nightly entertainment are amazing. I can’t tell you how many times I would have a full drink brought to me although I never asked for one. I wish I remembered their names because they were so nice.

ROOM

We had a very basic room. 1st floor. No butler or concierge and we didn’t notice any lack of service because of this. The only downfall was we weren’t able to get a reservation at the French restaurant, but that’s not a big deal. The butler rooms are quite a steep hike from the main area of the resort. I don’t think I’d want one of those. Overall, the room was perfect for our needs.

FOOD

I won’t comment much on this b/c everyone’s tastes are different. The only thing I’ll say is – if you like sushi, make sure you make a stop at Soy. The service is great, food is great and they have a unique drink menu.

FRIENDLY ADVICE (and other stuff)

We paid for a private transfer from the airport to the resort. Although this went very smoothly, I wouldn’t recommend it. It just wasn’t worth the money. Others who left the airport in the Sandals bus a few minutes before us got to the resort a few minutes before us. I thought maybe the bus stopped at one of the other Sandals resorts along the way. Not that time.

The golf course was awesome. Not the course itself, but the convenience and the fact that you’re on a tropical island playing golf. The course, although very short, is a lot of fun to play. Being a Wisconsinite, golfing in February is fantastic!

We did the Joe Knows Tour. An incredible time was had by all. Those guys are studs. JR and BK, we love you guys. And we met another couple on that excursion that we really hope to see again sometime (thanks Chris and Carolyn).

Make dinner reservations as soon as you get there. We did this and still weren’t able to get into the French restaurant.

Beach/pool chairs were not a problem for us, and we are relatively late risers every day. People are always coming and going and we never had a problem finding a chair. For those of you who like to reserve a chair but never use it, beware, employees will remove your stuff and I have no idea where they take it. Which I think is great. Nothing more annoying than people reserving chairs and leaving them vacant for hours (you know who you are).

I loved the beach. I think it’s a decent size. The red flag was up every day, which means they don’t want you in the water. If you go in the water, they tell you to get out, but they can’t actually force you to get out. The waves are pretty big and I enjoyed playing in them. One day I was asked twice to get out of the water. The next day I spent about 2 hours in the water and they didn’t ask me once. I had a blast.

Take the time to make the free trip to Sandals Grande. Actually, if you can afford it, I’d suggest staying there. Much better beach. Much less cramped. Plus, they have a self serve nacho bar that’s great.

Overall, we had a very good time. The resort is run very well and, like I said at the beginning, we have no real complaints. Would I recommend this resort? Probably not, but I would assure anyone who’s going that you’ll definitely have a great time.

Blackfalds, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I am not sure where to begin in describing accurately how disappointing this trip was. We had stayed at Sandals Royal Bahamian (Nassau, Bahamas) about 15 months ago and it was PHENOMENAL, so we were very excited about our stay at La Toc. We upgraded our room to the 2nd most expensive room you can get - the 2 story Sunset Bluff with private pool Butler Suite. When we got to our room, the whirlpool tub had not been cleaned (hair and residue along the sides) so our Butler said he would get it taken care of right away. It was not cleaned until the morning. Our Butlers did not make any attempt at helping us unless we contacted them. The food at all the restaurants with the exception of La Toc and Kimonos was sub par at best. (La Toc and Kimonos food was FABULOUS) The Beach was awful, so small and the waves were so bad we could not participate in water sports any day we were there. In general the service from all staff was OK. The icing on the crap cake however was our private pool. The 2nd day we were there, my husband noticed an ant infestation beside our pool. HUNDREDS of ants were climbing up the wall towards the room, and when I had my feet in the pool they were crawling up my legs and back! We immediately called our butler and I demanded we switch rooms. The manager came to speak with us and said there were no rooms available since it was Valentines weekend. I told her that I wanted to be downgraded to the cheapest room if necessary and just wanted to get reimbursed the difference. I just wanted out of that room! She continued to insist that there was nothing available. After getting the head of customer relations involved, they took care of the ant infestation and assured me everything was taken care of and I would not have any more problems. The very next day the ants were back. I called our Butler and he came to our room with a can of Raid and this response “They are not the ants that bite, it is no big deal”. I was dumbfounded. After paying over $8000 just for our week stay in this resort (our flights were not included in this price) expecting to enjoy a private pool, and experiencing let down after let down, I was defeated. Obviously our concerns were not being taken seriously, and they only thing they cared about was keeping their money. I do not believe this resort should be given the distinction of being labeled as a SANDALS resort, as the quality of our stay was abysmal. I will not be returning to this resort, nor do I recommend this resort to anyone, unless they enjoy feeling cheated.

Room Tip: Would not recommend the Sunset Bluff suites, they are FAR from the beach and restaurants.
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

You know your not going to have a good time when it starts out very bad. They didn't have our reservations and didn't scramble to make it right. Food at the Pavillion is no better than a cafeteria. Reservations to the other restaurants were booked up. Very slow service, but with a smile. Resort is beautiful but the beach is always red flagged. Room didn't get cleaned 2 days out of 6. Always had to ask for towels. Mosquito's bit my wife in room and she had a very bad reaction to which we had to travel to a hospital at 2 am and would not help her out without 800$ cash. You can't get a lounge chair unless you get up before 7. Then expect somebody to jack it. You will wait for food and you will wait for drinks. No water sports because of red flag, so you have to travel to the Grande. Expect a lot of staff to try to up sell you on spa and other non inclusive items. The beaches are open to public and other non resort personnel will try to get you to buy their trips or "items". We received many calls from the Jewelry store inside the resort to comeback in and buy an item we looked at but never did the manager call us and make right our complaints. We caught her one day by the front desk after they sent us a note to come take care of a bogus credit card rejection we got from check in. We had her run the same card in front of us that they said was not good and it sailed right thru this time. Their computer system is a problem for sure. It is hard to go to such a beautiful place and have a bad time, but Murphy's Law followed us all the way through this resort. Save your money and go somewhere else on this island.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Avoid the beach. People bother you every 20 minutes to join their excursions or buy weed. So annoying. We just wanted to relax. Couldn't get a moment to ourselves ever. Food was bland.Portions are laughably small. Room was not worth the money. Woke up to sounds of hammering and power saws every morning. Construction right next to us. Oh and if you do go, be safe walking at night. There are no sidewalks or streetlights. Luckily we weren't hit by one of the employees zipping around corners. Speaking of which, the drive there is about an hour and a half from the airport once you get there. Just terrible experience from beginning to end. Wish we chose anywhere but there. Oh well. At least we have a story to tell.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We recently stayed at Sandals La Toc, and even thought the weather might have been kinder during parts of our stay it did not detract from the enjoyment we had on our trip. Our accommodation was a one bedroom suite with a balcony up on the Bluff, we had a Butler. This added an extra dimension to our stay; we did not however use the butler service to its full potential, as we like to be able to do things for ourselves. We did use them to book those all-important sunbeds at the Bluff pool, without a Butler you will not get a bed at this pool. We also used them to book restaurants and keep our mini-bar full, additionally; they supply you with a phone to allow you to contact them when needed which worked well. The room was clean and well equipped, and the balcony had a great view and sitting on it watching the sun setting (and rising) was very peaceful.
Restaurants: Armandos, used this for dinner on the first night, good quality, and for breakfast a few times, excellent relaxing breakfast served to you. Neptunes, for lunch next to the beach or for dinner when dark, food excellent either time. The Pitons, best of the restaurants on offer at La Toc, ate there twice for dinner, did not disappoint. La Toc restaurant, disappointed, did not deliver what it promised, needs to take a long hard look at itself! Gordons on the Pier (at La Grande), organised by our Butler, beat all the others hands down, gives Casanovas at Couples Ocho Rios a run for its money. The Pavilion restaurant, for breakfast and lunch, good honest food, well presented and of good quality, happily ate there a few times.
Unfortunately for us the street party was a bit of a wash out, but the food we had and the entertainment we seen was good, due to this we had a drink in the Cricketers, yes it is an English pub, but if I want to go to one I will stay at home.
The beach though small was nice to walk along, when the red flag was not flying the sea was warm and welcoming, however, be careful, the waves can catch you unawares and knock you off your feet. Some locals on the beach but they were respectful of your privacy.
The area at the fire pits at the Bluff was disappointing, this could have been so much better.
A special mention to the girl who serves drinks in and around the Bluff pool, she never stopped, always walking around with drinks and keeping the place clean, good job well done!
until the next time!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!