We went to Sandals La Toc for our Late Honey moon in October 2013 We stayed at the sunset Bluff in a the 2 story suite with Butler and Private Pool Room 808 Before I continue with this Review If you are looking for small bad things you will not have fun anywhere... I will write the pros and cons we have seen.
here is the bad stuff first:
- we do not play Golf so that did not affect us would not be fair to say anything about it .
- the Sea is quiet wild .. could only swim in twice within one week but the pool was a nice relaxation.
- the road from the Airport to the resort is horrible if you can afford the HELICOPTER DO SO..I took 2 pills each way and still no help almost although on the way back our driver stopped and let us take pictures the stop helped a bit with the nausea.
- The Mini bar in the room was not filled daily but we never ran out.
- the maids in our area seemed to clean the rooms late and we were early risers unlike most honeymooners... so we caught the room sometime not made up but we understood they did that on purpose not to bother folks staying in too late.
- there is ants outside by the private Pool but You are in an exotic island that is kind of expected... we did not have any bites from the ants or mosquitoes.
- We felt that they assigned the butlers too many customers we did not have too many demands from our butlers but felt that if you are paying this much money they should be able to assign you your butler for real or at least not to overwhelm them with the number of clients.
The good stuff:
- the Landscape and the views specially from the sunset Bluff is amazing.
- there is 3 pools 2 quiet ones if you prefer that but for us we Loved the Main Pool with the great pool bar wow Tasha does a great job and the music and the play-makers join the games and have fun playing darts, doing hydro exercise and just having wonderful drinks .. if you do not make it to the bar they always come by your chair and offer drinks [although the Butler could Provide a cooler full of drinks we never felt the need for it]
- Yes it is quiet the hike to sunset bluff and my husband and I are not quiet the slim kind but we walked it down few times and the shuttles were coming every 10 minutes to take you right up there butlers could pick you up as well but we mostly took the ride up .they were coming fast enough.
- ok the Food .. you have to try Armandos Italian for diner.. and the served in breakfast s good with great view.
- soy Have sushi but you need to be there early they do not take reservation and have limited space.
- La toc is great our butler handled all our reservations but we have met other couples that were staying in regular rooms and had no problem getting a reservation.
- PIon if I wrote that right was good a bit too spicy for me so if you can not handle spices well like me you might want to skip it but great if you like spices.
- Neptune's was great for lunch and Diner except that the service can be a bit slow.
the Pavilion is ok I would say but not a bad option.
we Liked the entertainment music, different bands, karaoke, charity Casino, specially the street Fair on Friday WOW what a show and the food Great do not miss it.
- we had a great Photo shoot as well
- We booked 1 trip through the sandals website the local Shopping tour .. outside the resort St. Lucia was safe did not feel bothered or harassed either in the local market or at the free duty .. I love to shop for local arts and crafts so I personally did not buy anything from the free duty Market. heard great Feedback from other couples that went zip lining in the rain forest or did the mud bathing at the volcanoes.
- we have tried the British pub they stay late have pub food .. and have Tv's with sport if you want to watch a game.
- the Piano bar was loud .. and too crowded not my thing but could see how other people would enjoy that.
- We had a great time at the spa.
PS: if you are planning on going to town do not do your shopping at the resort you can buy the rum and other souvenirs much cheaper outside but that is expected a bit.
Overall we had a great experience we would love to go back to Latoc and Saint Lucia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46” plasma TV’s, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls•Private car transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF)•“Stay at One, Play at Three” free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools. •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Saint Lucia‘s Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries