“Another great Sandals but some of the other reviews are too harsh!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals La Toc Golf Resort and Spa

Special Offer
Save up to 65%!
Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Castries
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“Another great Sandals but some of the other reviews are too harsh!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Ok, so lets get one thing straight here! This is a Sandals property so what can you expect? Top class food, entertainment, service and accommodation. This is St Lucia right? A sub tropical rainforest island in the Caribbean. So, when you hear reviews about dampness and bugs etc... I'm sorry, but duuuhhh!! It's going to happen!
Rant over and back to my review! The Sandals La Toc is in a great area approx 15 mins away from Castries. What I like about Sandals in St Lucia is the option to be able to use the sister hotels for food etc... There's even a free transfer bus for it.
I was lucky to stay in a Sunset Bluff Waters Edge Oceanview One Bedroom Suite (BW) which is a semi detached private house style accommodation. You have 2 floors to yourself with a large lounge at the top and a great bedroom below.
I would happily recommend Tony, the butler for these rooms. He is a great guy and nothing really was too much trouble for him... He even gave me a lift on his golf buggy to the main lobby!
Obviously you can find essays or reviews but if you want an honest opinion or have any questions let me know!

• Stayed June 2013

4,086 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (944)
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have just returned from a week at Sandals La Toc and had a wonderful time. We are british travellers and I feel it is necessary to write an honest review to help you make your decision if you're still undecided whether to book this hotel or not.

Hotel Rooms & Grounds: We were upgraded to a Luxury Beachfront room which was gorgeous, nice big king size 4 poster bed. There were 2 plush seats and a table as the seating area. Our mini bar included Diet Coke, Coca-Cola & Sprite, plus water & juices. Was slightly disappointed that alcohol wasn't included as I thought this was a 'luxury included' holiday. But you can get plenty of drinks at the bars so it wasn't too much of a big deal.
The bathroom was a good size, jacuzzi bath which we didn't even use. Shower nice & powerful and clean.
The grounds are well kept and you will always see staff tending to the gardens, it is very beautiful. The resort is hilly though so this is not a good choice for anyone with walking difficulties!!

Restaurants & Bars: The food was great! We ate at every restaurant and loved each one, especially La Toc & Le Pitons. The steak @ La Toc restaurant was the best I've ever had, but gosh it was hot in there! Le Pitons you can't reserve tables for, so we had to get there really early to avoid waiting, 6:30pm. Try the ribs there-amazing! My fiancee had Jerk Chicken which was equally as delicious!
The service at Neptunes & Bella Napoli is slow though, we had lunch on our first day there, we waited 50 minutes! So just be pepared for that, but the pizzas are delicious.
The Pavillion is a great buffet restaurant which we had all our breakfasts at, plenty of choice including fresh fruits, delicious pastries, pancakes with syrups, bacon/sausage/eggs/beans/hash browns/english muffins plus bagels & other breads. There was also a chap cooking up fresh omelettes who was fab, he had remembnered my fiancee's preference and would already be making it up for him before he got to the front of the queue! Fantastic service! It is great for lunch & dinner too.
Armandos is a good italian restaurant, the lunch there is mainly pasta but it is very tasty! The service in there was very good & quick we found.
We also booked for Kimonos one night, it was a very entertaining night and a good way to meet other couples, us Brits can be a little more reserved (more on this later) so it was nice to chat to some other travellers and have a laugh, the atmosphere is great. Our chef was Neal and he was very funny, gave the guys round our table nicknames to get us all involved. The food wasn't amazing, I have eaten better Japanese food but for me, it was all about the atmosphere there. We never really had a bad meal to be honest.
Bar wise, you have the swim-up pool bar to use throughout the day, but this gets noisy & busy. There are servers walking around the pool to take your order if you're on your lounger, but please be aware that this is quite slow & sometimes your drink would get forgotten! But the servers are fun & friendly so we just laughed if I didn't get my Rum Punch :)
There is another swim-up bar at the Armandos Pool, much quieter and quicker service but obviously beacuse there aren't as many guests in that pool.
We didn't really use any other bars apart from at The Cricketers Pub, this again had a fun atmposphere and shows sports games (mainly American ones though) and Dave the main guy there is super helpful, hunting down Southern Comfort for me after he had run out, so a big thank you to him....the bar snacks at the pub were of a good standard too.

Pools: Ok, well we spent every day at the main pool apart from our last day, but only because we are creatures of habit. There is good availability on the loungers here up until around 11am-12pm. So there was no need for us to rush out to put our towels down (which I bloody hate!). We normally went down to breakfast about 9am, then straight to the pool. This is where all the loud young American couples like to spend their days! I knew Sandals was popular with Americans but I didn't realise by how much. They get involved in the activities throughout the day and can be quite loud with their 'YIHHHAAAAAs' and 'WOOOOHOOOOs'!! I am all up for having a good time but I thought it would be a more of a classier place than this. It could feel like a posh Club 18-30 holiday at times....
On the last day we went up to the quiet pool at Armandos which was much more my scene and what I had expected from Sandals. It had gorgeous sunloungers, wooden with a proper seat on with a cover. There was a hot tub there as well with fantastic views over the bluff. I think this where a lot of the Butler Suite guests would go to. So if you prefer chilling out with a book and maybe just a few beers, this might be worth checking out.

Entertainment: Very good, mainly in the Pavillion. We particularly enjoyed the Reggae night & the food was good then too. There is always something going on which I thought was good and always has a fun atmosphere.

Staff: So helpful! I was overwhelmed by how wonderful they are, shout out to Latoya & Jeanine. They really cannot do enough for you, at dinner your drink will always be topped up without even asking. Always friendly & polite, they all say hello to you which I loved. It really made the holiday for us. The playmakers round the pool are fun, especially Raide.

We had a photoshoot done on the beach on our final night as it was such a special trip for us, after getting engaged :) our photographer was great and knew exactly what we wanted when I told him 'nothing too cheesy please!' he knew instantly I was english HAHA!

The beach is wonderful and we enjoyed a few walks along there, beware, the sea can be rough so a lot of the time the red flag is up meaning you can't swim in it. My fiancee took out a kayak one day and really enjoyed it, but I am not one for watersports!

We bought a trip from a guy off the beach, his name was Cornelius Andrew & he was great. We paid $100 each for a trip much better than the 'Joe Knows' tour...we went to the Sulphur Springs, Waterfall, Soufriere, Marigot Bay & snorkelled in between the pitons which was amazing! We were the only 2 on the trip which made it even more amazing, I'd definitely recomment booking though him.

St Lucia is a stunning island, very green & lush, lots of fresh fruit growing...we loved our tour as we saw so much of the west cost, you must do it!

Would absolutely come back to St Lucia and stay at La Toc again.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view, we were in 301 and it wasn't noisy but close enough to all amenities with a...
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I have been planning the trip of a lifetime for several years and finally went. We spared no expense and it was worth every penny. We booked a two story butler suite on the bluff, with our own plunge pool.
When we got to the airport we went to the Sandals area, walking past the baggage handlers as mentioned in previous reviews, to the Sandals lounge. We were taken by private car to the resort which was about an hour and twenty minutes. The drive was very pleasant and our driver stopped for pictures at an ocean overlook.
We then checked in at the butler lounge which also was very nice and relaxing. The room was ready and our Amazing Butler Lola escorted us over and instructed us on the whole resort. She handed us our butler phone and told us to call with any request we had.
The room had a bed on the main floor and downstairs was a living room and the plunge pool. We had a mini-fridge and plenty of rum, gin, and vodka. The room also had an amazing view of the ocean as well with no obstructions. (Room 815)
The next day our other butler Ficus, came by our ocean cabana to introduce himself as they split the day and night between the two. They both were awesome and at no time did I ever feel like I was a pest when calling for anything me or my wife wanted. They both made sure we had lounge chairs at the pool or a cabana at the beach reserved. There was also a cooler full of beer and a couple of waters which was nice as well. I will say that the service at the pool and the beach was excellent as we did not ever have to wait for anything.
I did play golf and had a caddie which is required. They supply the clubs, shoes and golf balls. It’s not a course to write home about but it was fun none the less.
The resort is very spread out and you need to take a shuttle van from the main lobby back to the bluff unless you want a lot of exercise and walk up a big hill. It should also be noted that you have to be completely dry when sitting in the van, or they won’t let you on. Take a change of clothes if you’re going to the beach for the day.
The food was great at all the restaurants but the best meal we had was at Gordon’s, at the Grande. Eat there if you get a chance, you will not regret it.
The worst day we had was when we left, I had to say goodbye to our butlers who were the nicest people we met, and my hat is off to Lola and Ficus. I could go on and on about the resort but the point I’m trying to make is, it was perfect.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I cannot begin to describe how much fun we had at Sandals La Toc. All I can say is if you are trying to decide which one of the GREAT Sandals resorts to stay at in St. Lucia, La Toc is #1 for my wife and I. From the wait staff to the entertainment team to the other guest, everyone helped make it an unforgettable trip. This was the BEST trip ever in my entire life!!! I can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: The poolside walkout rooms are the best!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Absolutely incredible vacation. You see these commercials and ads on TV and in Magazines with gorgeous views, happy couples, relaxation and adventure all in one. Happy to report, it is exactly that and then some. The accomodations were fabulous, views to die for, so many different things to do. BEst part is, it never felt overcrowded. Never had to wait for a pool chair or wait in line for anything. Sandals is set up so you have the option to be private or meet new friends at the swimup bar. It was hands down incredible. Some restaurants were better than others, but thats to be expected. You don't tip for anything, it truly is all inclusive in every aspect. Superb vacation. We will return. Note: The majority of the couples there were on honeymoon. The general age was 25-35 in the areas we were in. Maybe older couples stayed elsewhere, not sure, but just something to keep in mind. Grant you though, these arent your wild 25 year olds, almost everyone we met was a young professional, respectful and well behaved.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My fiancee and I visited Sandals La Toc for a week for our "WeddingMoon". We stayed in a Sunset Bluff Water's Edge Oceanview One Bedroom Suite, which included butler service. Prior to arriving, we didn't see the need for butler service, but we loved it while we were there and highly recommend it!

We have a mostly positive review of the resort and island -- I'm going to make it easy and break out the positive and negative:

Positive
• Our butler Tony was the greatest! He went out of his way to make the trip as enjoyable as possible, even filling a tub with rose petals & bubbles! Barkus was excellent also.
• We loved Armando's (great manager Angelique -- really went out of her way for us as I have special dietary needs), La Toc (manager Juliene made our wedding night dinner special) and Gordons restaurants. La Toc printed us a special keepsake menu for our wedding night.
• Kimonos was good also, and the entertainer/cook was very funny and really engaged everyone at the table.
The pastry chef did an amazing job on my non-dairy desserts!
• Wedding planner Najma did an excellent job, and Lugar was wonderful with the wedding photography, the whole event was well organized. "Marriage Official" Dr. Seraphin was wonderful, very personable and funny!
• View from our room was great, and so soothing to hear the waves all day & night
• Diving was very good, lots of ocean life. shuttle bus ride wasn't long and the staff was very efficient. We did a refresher dive beforehand -- well worth it since we haven't dove in years.
• Room was positioned well -- not a long walk up to the Armando's/upper pool area or down to the dive shop and lower restaurant/beach area
• shuttle from airport wasn't nearly as long or motion-sickness inducing as we had read, maybe 1-1.25 hours. had a private taxi on way in.
• Beach was fun -- we even swam on red flag days! surf a little rough, but fine once you get past the breaking waves. Butler and drink service great on beach!
• Lots of hummingbirds and other birds -- although watch out most of them will try to steal your food if you're not looking! (not the hummies)

Negative/Neutral
• Room was much smaller than in photographs (not that we spent much time in it). Nice shower though, and the bed was comfortable.
• Getting our doctor's medical approval for diving was tough (we both have medical conditions and hadn't dove in a while) -- the fax service was poor at best, had to fax both in and out repeated times, with multiple calls to the doctors office.
• Neptune's restaurant food not good - my turkey burger was maybe 1/4" thick and tasteless
• It rained a lot, but usually only for short times (we went in early-mid June) -- we were lucky for the wedding though and were married on the beach!
• Pre-trip wedding planner Raquel nearly impossible to reach, guess she lost interest after we declined most "upgrades"
• Joe Knows Tour very disorganized -- we had to switch boats early in the trip out, they wouldn't drop us at La Toc but insisted on taking us to Castries market even though their boats the day before were dropped at resort, were nearly 2 hours late in getting back making it tough to get our dinner reservation in time. On the plus side, we did enjoy the tour although the rum punch wasn't to my taste and no alcoholic alternative. bring lots of water and sun block, and don't wear a white bathing suit -- the sulphur springs mud bath will turn it orange.

Room Tip: Where we stayed was nice because it was midway between the upper and lower level, good view of the b...
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went here for our HoneyMoon and LOVED it. St. Lucia is beautiful!!! We definatly want to go back to St. Lucia and using Sandals is so easy. We made several friends all who we still talk too. The swim up bar is super, there are lots of fun games to play all over. My husband played golf and said the course wasnt great and the rental equitment he had wasnt either (but that was minor). We never had a bad meal, our room over looked the pool we stayed in a baisic room, next time we will upgrade we feel it will be worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals La Toc Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We're happy to know that you enjoyed your honeymoon at Sandals La Toc. Your stay seemed to be an amazing one and we're so glad we were able to be a part of your experience.

We hope to see you again in a near future.

Cassie C.

Been to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!