As a heads up, my husband and I aren't the "Sandals type" (or didn't think we were). Sandals brought to mind commercials filmed in the 90s with too-perfect couples clad in white bathing suits and Bob Marley rhythms in the background... exaggerated paradise. We like to explore the places we vacation, learn about the culture, eat local foods, but still have high-end accommodations. Sandals La Toc gave us the full experience.
We booked the trip last-minute -- literally on a Monday to leave on Wednesday -- because I had a week off of work, we had an airline credit, and we just could handle the snow anymore. Our guidelines were an easy, worry-free, beach vacation to a place we'd never been. We narrowed it down to St. Lucia, and after doing some research, decided on Sandals... with no regrets.
Granted, it's not the cheapest place on the island, but from our being greeted with a drink in the airport lounge, to the warm welcome in the concierge check-in, to our room upgrade (ocean view with a plunge pool), to the fresh seafood, and the fun couples we met. It was truly all about us, and all about love. We also had a full-day excursion and were able to leave the resort to take in more of the beauty of St. Lucia. By the end, I'd even wished I'd packed a white bathing suit!
Travel -- La Toc is a 1.5 hour car ride up a steep, windy, road from the main airport. If you're sensitive to motion, prepare accordingly.
Rooms -- Unless you want a spring-break like experience (basic hotel room by a noisy pool), opt for some type of upgrade.
Restaurants -- Armando's is not worth going to... for any meal. Neptune's was awesome for lunch, and the Pitons for dinner. Kimono's and La Toc are great for a different experience. Don't miss the street party on Friday night! Also, I'm a huge dessert person, and these desserts just didn't do it for me. The food was awesome, but it says a lot when I leave cake on a plate.
Excursions -- Definitely see the Pitons -- even hike them if you're athletically-inclined. We also did a tour where we got to experience some of the local gardens and farming. Really cool to experience.
Pool/Beach -- We're more beach people that pool people, but the pool did seem always busy... for better or worse. Ironically, we often felt like the resort wasn't that crowded UNTIL we walked by the pool.
Staff -- Some people went out of their way to help, others were just cordial. No real standouts on either side, which was totally fine for us. (Well, except for the spa folks. They are a little pushy.)
Overall -- If you've been to an upscale, all-inclusive before, then you'll know what to expect. Great location, better-than-average food, nice people, and as relaxed or active as you make it. If we'd planned in advance, I would have gone for a more boutique location; but this was perfect for a last-minute trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46” plasma TV’s, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls•Private car transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF)•“Stay at One, Play at Three” free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools. •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Saint Lucia‘s Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Orbitz so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries