“Vacation In Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Ancaster, Canada
“Vacation In Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

An absolutely fabulous vacation, great food, great service, beautiful views, nice room.
Large enticing main pool, swim up bar, premium liquor.
Friendly staff that go the extra mile.
Would go again in a heart beat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,097)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

we went december 15-22, 2012 for our honeymoon. it was our first all-inclusive vacation. the trip was amazing. the concierge service was excellent and very useful. we were there during the least busy week of the year, so we never waited for food, drinks, or pool chairs. the food was way better than we expected. it was very relaxing the whole week. tips for future travelers: bring insect repellent and save cash for excursions. also, when you order food, you tend to not get very much, so feel free to ask for more. The staff doesnt care, they just don't want to waste food. some friends of ours went earlier in the year during a busier time and warned us about "island time" and slow service. i dont know if it was due the low occupancy of the resort when we were there or what, but we thought the service was exceptional! we hard waited at all for food or drinks...actually, servers were more attentive and polite compared to virtually any other restaurant we'd ever been to. we'd recommend this resort to honeymooners and couples that want a relaxing atmosphere. if you are looking for a 24/7 party atmosphere, this is not the resort for you. we were so pleased with our experience we booked another trip before we left.

Room Tip: sunset bluff rooms with a private pool are amazing!
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have never been inclined to write a review but this stay truly deserves one! I read all the reviews prior to selecting this trip those that complain I would ask that you share with all of us where else you vacation. If it far exceeds this then we would like to go. I spend over 200 nights a year on the road in hotels etc.... on business. My wife and I are fortunate enough to vacation frequently, that being said this was truly a magical vacation.

When we arrived on St. Lucia on the 23rd thru the 30th

We opted to take the Helicopter trip from the airport, well worth it for the scenery alone! We transferred to the Hotel in a Private Car, ( A brand new Audi A5) and even had a nice cold Piton Beer on the way!

We checked into 1 Bedroom two story honeymoon suite (39). Everything was arranged and organized to perfection it was clean, comfortable everything we expected!

Our Butlers.... Christus and Edmund were phenomenal, we truly could not have asked for any better service they met every need fulfilled every request, arranged tours, dinners, lounge and beach chairs, golf and always went above beyond as well as sprinkling in countless wonderful suprises! Sandals should do everything possible to retain these 2 wonderful staff members!

We acheived our Open Water Dive Certification while at the resort! Kudos to our Dive Instructor "Frooty" he made the entire experience stress free, exciting and 110% enjoyable. Thank you for your laid back demeanor as well as your proffesionalism!

The meals overall were excellent. The food plentiful and very well done! ( We see many on here complain about portion sizes etc.... It's an all inclusive resort you can order as many times as you like). We went to every resteraunt at the resort as well as Gordon' s at the Grande they were all commendable our favorite was La Toc! Outstanding Food, Great wine and fabulous service! Our hats go off to Julien and the entire staff!!

We highly reccommend a day at the pool below Armando's and an afternoon at the swim up bar with Dexter and friends followed by spectacular sunsets

Went on the Joe Knows Tour. Entertaining, Fast, Paced, Relaxed, So much FUN thanks Big Al and Big Willie!!

We left the resort via private transportation highly reccomended as well!

The sad part is I am sitting in my office typing this. The good part is we have already planned a return trip!!

Enjoy!

Orofino, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I and two other couples went together and stayed at la toc dec 15th-22nd. From the second we arrived until the second we left we were 100% satisfied with everything about the resort. The food was great, especially Kimononos which had all great food, and Cricketers which had awesome hot wings and fish n chips and Neptunes had great pizza. We had pizza for lunch almost every day and it was great. Cricketers was great for late night snacks, as they were open until 3 am every night. They also made great drinks at cricketers, the best strawberry daiquiris. Also we went to the Grande one evening and ate at Barefoot on the Beach and it was the best meal we had on the whole trip. We would definitely suggest going to the Grande it is a free shuttle and there is always a lot to do there. Back to La Toc, we spent most of the days either in the ocean on the beach which is really nice, It was never very rough and the water was really warm. When we weren't in the ocean we were in the pool, we did a lot of activities with the playmakers, like pool volleyball and beach volleyball. We spent a lot of time at the main pool swim up bar also, they are very fast to make you drinks and always offer new things to try. Warner is the man he makes a great drink. They have nightly entertainment such as karaoke, or couples trivia, or things like that. We sang a lot of karaoke, even won a bottle of rum. The one thing we can say we were disappointed in was that the beach party which we had been looking forward to all week got cancelled. It was supposed to be on our last night there. Also, make sure you take out the hobie cats they are a blast. And make sure and go snorkeling, they go out twice a day every day and it is free. We saw tons of fish, and a sting ray and an octopus. We went on a zip line trip through sandals and we highly recommend that. Our guides name was "Simple" and he was hilarious and made the trip that much more fun. The zip line was fun for everyone the ladies were a little worried at first but after a couple of lines they didn't want to stop. We also went fishing one day with a private charter named "Exodus Boat Charters". They paid for a cab to come pick us up at the hotel and take us down to their boat, and also the return trip. Highly recommend these guys too, great boat and Captain Tom was a great guide. Overall Sandals La Toc was amazing and we had the time of our lives! St Lucia is an awesome island.

Room Tip: We had the cheapest room and it was really nice, right in front of the pool and close to cricketers...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our trip dates were: Dec 15- Dec 22nd.

My husband and I booked a private car transfer from the airport to the resort, to get our honeymoon started off right. Our driver was very informative and even had Piton beers ready and waiting for us in the car. We later found on the car transfer was the way to go! The trip to the resort is about an hour and 15 minutes in a shuttle thru windy mountainous hills.

When we arrived at the resort we were taken to the concierge check in room and handed a glass of champagne. The ladies there took care of checking us in, making dinner reservations, etc for the week. A note about the concierge upgrade, they were very helpful when we needed them and often got us answers very quickly, we did not see a need for a butler with having the concierge. We were upgraded to a butler room without a butler, which was completely fine by us. We were upgraded from the regency hideaway with private pool to a room on the sunset bluff with private pool. The room was beautiful! It was more than we could have asked for!

The food was amazing. My husband and I had absolutely NO complaints. I read on various reviews that the portions are small... the food is FREE!! You can order as much as you want!!!! My husband and I would get an appetizer for each of us, a salad or soup, entree and dessert and were completely satisfied. We tried to get different items at each restaurant so we could experience as much as we could. We had no problems with any restaurant they were all delicious!!!

The spa was AMAZING!! You MUST book a treatment when you are there! My husband and I had a couples massage and a facial treatment. Both were awesome!!

The main reason we chose this resort was for the SCUBA diving. We went diving everyday except for one day. The diving was BEAUTIFUL! I completed my referral dives when I was there so I have not dove any where else, but everyone, including my husband who has been diving for 10 years said it was some of the best diving he had ever had. AND ITS INCLUDED!!! If you bring your own dive gear they even have a place for you to keep you dive equipment at so you do not have to haul it back and forth between your room and dive site, and its locked at night. All the dive instructors were amazing!! Martin is the best!!!

There really is not much of a night life at the resort, but my husband and I participated in many of the nightly activities. We even won a couples game and a bottle of local rum!

Overall, our experience was more than we could have asked for! We even booked another trip to the Royal Bahamian when we were there! I would recommend this resort to anyone!!

Room Tip: The bluff rooms have a great view!!!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at La Toc from Dec 15-Dec 22'12. This is going to be a long and thorough review but you will gain a ton of info about this resort. I booked through flight centre but your better going through sandals.com directly. We heard from other couples but sandles sends you a nice passport pouch that will hold all your travel documents along with sandles luggage tags, both of which we did NOT receive. The flight from Toronto was about 5hrs, the airport at St.Lucia is very, very tiny, there will be guys trying to take your luggage to the sandals lounge which is about 15-20 steps behind the customs agents. It can be a little confusing but once you pass the custom agents veer left and you will hit the sandles lounge. If you decided on taking a helicopter, veer right and once you pass the double doors the helicopter office is on the right hand side, my wife took her time in the washroom at the airport and we were the last couple to pass customs, I thought taking a helicopter would of gotten us to the resort quickly but there were so many couples taking a helicopter, we had to wait over an hour! needless to say the ppl just going on the sandles bus got there before us. The helicopter was still a great choice, the views from it are amazing. The heli-pad is about a 5 minute cab ride from the resort. We had a waters edge suite with a butler. The cab driver took us right up to the butlers lounge, here we met our butler Genevieve and our other butler was Trisha, I thought we had butlers 24/7 but they work 2-shifts, 7am-3pm and 3pm-10pm. Anything after that, you can call the concierce desk where they have someone overnight.

The Butlers I felt were pretty good, and initially we felt bad for calling but hey we PAID a pretty penny for it so why not use it. We called them for anything and everything. Initially we asked them to reserve beach chairs for us (which they did) but we later realized that the resort was operating at maybe 50% capacity and at most there was maybe about 6-8 ppl on the beach and even fewer in the water. The water on the first day was rough, meaning RED flag and i used to be a lifeguard but man can these waves pack a punch, there was 4 of us in the water and these waves took all of us under at one point and tossed us around like rag dolls. Back to the butlers, I beleive most have a schedule of things they do, ie. fruit tray in your room, petals on your bed with chocolates, bubble bath with champagne, they bring you a cooler when your on the beach, they will even unpack your clothes if you wish. I have heard that the butlers also escort you to your meals, ours never did but i did see a few that did take their guests to the restaurants and come back and check up on them. If i wanted a bottle of JD or crown, all i had to do was ask. Dont be afraid to use them. One thing with sandals is that you can stay at one and go play at all. If you have a butler, as soon as you get there get them to book a dinner at GORDON's. This is the restaurant on the pier at the SANDALS GRANDE. This was the best restaurant I have ever eaten at. The food was absolutely amazing. Trust me, you will be thanking me later. We tried to go again but our butlers said that the bookings were all taken, we met a couple that went there after us and said there were a few tables available so be forceful and tell them to make it happen. I dont know if I would do the butler service again, if you do decide to go with butlers, do it during the peak season, not when occupency is low. Sandals resorts are expensive but they employ many staff, and almost every staff was super friendly there, everytime i passed a staff they would smile and say hello. The resort is very hilly, but many shuttles and carts going up and down the resort. Not all the restaurants are open everyday so look at the sandals paper which is printed everyday to see what your dining and entertainment options are. They also have room service, I had read reviews about it being slow and the food cold. DONT believe everything you read. The food was brought to the room very quickly, less than 20 minutes and the food every single dish is shrink-wrapped. So the food is hot when you open it. Dont get anything with fries b/c the fries become soft. Our room had a mini bar stocked with pop, juice, beers and wine. the beers are pitons and I heard that heinken was offered but later was told that they don't carry this brand anymore. Im not sure about this but that's what i was told. The butlers also confirm your flight time and see you off. I saw other butlers provide their guests with a small bag with snacks and drinks in it for the ride back to the airport. The ride is ok, it is winding, but not that bad.

If you have read many reviews about cricketers pub and their fish n chips, it's true, the best fish and chips I have ever...EVER had. we had them on the last day but I wish i had gone there earlier. The nacho's there are also very good, cricketers pub is open the latest out of all the restaurants. There is kimono's which is a tepaniyaki resturant and it's awesome, they put on a great show. Pitons is a restaurant with a local menu. La Toc is another resturant that is by reservation only and the portions are very very very small. But remember that you can ask for more than one appetizer. They also have a resturant by the beach called neptunes, here they serve amazing pizza and calamari. There are about 4 pools, the main pool is usually busy and the pool on the bluffs is the quietest. Depending on which bar you go to, the drinks will differ slightly. The drink to drink there is called the "DIRTY BANANA", this drink is crazy good. But some bars will make it stronger than others. Get it from Neptunes, they make it the best. The pavillion resturant is the buffet, which allows you to choose from a variety of options. Another restaurant is armando's. This is an italian restaurant and also had great food.

In terms of nightlife.....there is NONE...They play music at cricketers and after 11 the DJ moves to the piano bar. One night we went there was about 10 of us in there but after that, maybe 2-3 ppl max. This resort has mainly honeymooners or elderly couples and after 10pm, everyone retires to their rooms.

Our room was two storries and we were about 2 feet from the water. Every night and morning we would wake up and sleep to hearing the waves crash against the rocks. It was amazing. The top floor had the living room and bar area and downstairs was our bathroom and bedroom, there was also a side door for direct access to the beach, we never used this resort as there was another key and we didn't want to hold onto two keys. Our room had a carribean feel to it, but some of the other villa's had very modern furniture in them. Sandals also will give ppl a chance to upgrade their room if there is a vacancy. I would like to say that I met a butler there by the name of ROGER, he is the man, he does a great job, also JOEL at the photoshop is amazing and takes amazing pictures. The playmakers keep the guests busy during the day there needs to be more of a nite life on this resort. It's like a ghost town after 10pm. Go by the watersports office, we found out on our last day that the resort takes guests out on a boat daily at 10:30am for snorkling. WE did the Joe knows tour and it was high energy and well done. We went snorkling, saw the pitons, did the mud bath and wash up under a waterfalls. This tour also included a local lunch, which was very tasty. We loved this resort and loved St. Lucia, it's a beautiful place and a great place for honeymooners.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Went for our 10th anniversary. We had the best trip. We had a room with a plunge pool and two great butlers (Donavan and Lola) who took care of everything we needed.

The grounds were clean and we kept. Every employees was friendly a d helpful.

The food was great at all the restaurants. The Japanese restaurant and French restaurant were the two best at the place. Julian at the French restaurant was an excellent host. He made sure we had everything we needed while dining.

It was the most relaxing vacation we have ever taken. I would highly recommend a trip to La Toc.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!