“Attending a family friends renewing of their vows” 5 of 5 stars

Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   La Toc, Castries, St. Lucia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up To $250 Bonus Credit!!
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“Attending a family friends renewing of their vows”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I could not believe how great my experience was. I have food allergies and Executive Chef Brown sat and spoke with me and made sure that I had great meals.Karden greeted us every morning and afternoon with a smile and was so accomadating Chef Brown made my stay very enjoyable and worry free. Raysi-Sha at the front desk was so help with our room as well as Joachun. Dara was so so energetic and made the day and night so much fun. We had casino night and she was so funny and we had a blast.

Room Tip: 1st floor of the main building has beautiful pool side rooms. Our room was spacious.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,224)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon at this wonderful resort. We stayed on the Sunset Bluffs and had the bulter service for the week. I would highly recommend spending the extra for the butler services. Marcus and Cloves were GREAT!!! The room we stayed in was great with our own private pool. The private pool was the best especially since we were on our honeymoon and after a crazy week of wedding planning the week before we just wanted to enjoy each other. The pool near our room was actually really nice too. We had Marcus reserve us some chairs near the pool and spent the morning enjoying some sun and the swim up bar. The food was very good. Our favorite place that we ate was Gordan's Pier which was actually at the Sandals Grande and you were only allowed to make reservations there if you had butler services. La Toc Restaurant was great too. We had such and amazing time in St. Lucia and hope to go back some day! Thank you Marcus and Cloves for being the best butlers EVER!!!! Oh and go on the Son of Man tour instead of the Joe Knows tour....Joe don't know! Son of Man was a great local tour (they are out on the beach in pink shirts) and we went on it with a total of 6 people rather than craming into a shuttle bus with 30 people. Plus you get to go to places that Joe Knows doesnt' take you.

Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I spent 13 days at St. Lucia La Toc on our honeymoon. The airport was very small and once we made it through customs our luggage was waiting for us. I had read on many reviews not to let people take your luggage. Well these men were dressed with Sandals hats and shirts and we didn’t realize these were the men all the reviewers were talking about! We thought that since they were with Sandals, it wasn’t an issue. They literally took our luggage maybe 10ft and then ASKED for a tip! DO NOT LET ANYONE TAKE YOUR LUGGAGE! Uniform or not!

We decided to take the helicopter transfer to and from the resort as we heard the drive was pretty rough. (I get car sick) The helicopter transfer was expensive, $400 each way but well worth it. Beautiful views and it’s only 13 mins, opposed to 1.5hr car ride around winding roads and hills.

When we arrived at the resort we were brought to the Butler Lounge. We were greeted by a Butler, a COLD towel and some Rum Punch (a local favorite). Once we checked in we were escorted to our room. For the first week we stayed in the Romeo & Juliet Penthouse Suite, third floor. It had an incredible view; however we do have a few complaints. The bed and pillows were EXTREMELY uncomfortable. We woke up every day with a sore back and the shower had very little water pressure. Our refrigerator would freeze, therefore so would our drinks. They re-stock the fridge daily with juice, beer, water and wines. We decided to upgrade to the Sunset Bluff 1 Bedroom Oceanfront 2 story Villa with Private Pool. It was great! The bed and pillows were MUCH more comfortable and the shower had water pressure!! We also had our own pool, which we really enjoyed. The water temperature was a little cool, but once you got in, it was fine! We did however realize after night 2 that we had many bug bites but didn’t remember getting bit. We called our Butler and he had someone come to spray the room. The next morning when we woke up there were small bugs all over the floor. At least 20 bugs!! After that, we didn’t notice any. We believe it was the cleaning ladies. When they come to clean the room, they keep the door slightly open, letting in the bugs. ** Here’s a tip about upgrading rooms: If you decide to upgrade rooms it’s obviously b/c they were not booked by anyone else, so feel free to negotiate the upgraded price! We did and got them down 50% of what they initially wanted! **

La Toc is a beautiful resort but there are some things to keep in mind. Everything at La Toc is spread out. If you are staying in a room with Butler service on “The Bluff” you will need to do a decent amount of walking during the day if you plan on swimming at the beach or the pavilion/main pool! Water sports are also at the bottom of the resort. You are not allowed in the shuttle with wet bathing suits. It wasn’t terrible but it is very hot and a very hilly resort, so something to think about if you have a hard time getting around!

We signed up for 4 excursions while there and recommend all of them! SNUBA, Joe Knows Tour (Land/Sea tour), ATV Adventure & Zip Lining! SNUBA was great! A bus picks you up in the lobby and brings you to Pigeon Island. It’s beautiful! They give you a brief history of the island and before you know it in you’re in the water! Our tour guide “Judge Judy” was great and patient! The Joe knows Tour was by far our favorite! It’s a LONG day so be prepared for that! You leave around 8:30 and don’t get back to the resort until 3:30ish. BRING SUNBLOCK!!! Activities for the day include: Speed boat, snorkeling, drive through volcano, mud bath (which is not really a bath, it’s a bucket of warm mud you put on each other (but makes for great pictures), botanical gardens and waterfall, local lunch and then back on the boat! Our tour guides, Snoop Dog, Chocolate Thunder and our Captain Willy were great! They play lots of great music; give rum and coke or rum punch while on the boat. Bring your camera!! Something else to keep in mind…These people do not get paid by Sandals so they ask for tips! We were a little taken aback by how many people will just ask you for a tip, so be prepared. In their defense, they are with you all day, taking you around the island, giving you a lot of information about St. Lucia and are really great! The ATV Adventure was a lot of fun! Bring sunblock and bug spray! Zip Lining was also great; a little scary in the beginning but awesome once I warmed up to the idea of flying through the rainforest on a “metal wires”. Also, be sure to bring your camera as there are plenty of people that work there that will take pictures for you!

The resort has cabanas by the beach you can rent for ½ or full day. It’s $50 for half day and $90 for full day. You have a butler who will wait on you all day, bring you breakfast, lunch and drinks. This was great. After many hours of laying on wood floors with a thin cushion our backs started to hurt but it was a great experience and the service was great!
In terms of the food we were pleasantly surprised. Many of the restaurants were great! The portions were very small, much smaller than what we are used to seeing but I partially feel that is because in the US we over-eat. They will however bring you as much food as you want, so if you’re still hungry, order more food! I’ll start with the negatives and end on a positive note in regards to the food.

KIMONOS- Very disappointing! It’s a hibachi style restaurant. You do not pick your main dish off the menu as the chef makes a little bit of everything. Mahi-Mahi, Chicken, Steak, veggies and rice are served for your entrée. Honestly, all of the food was less than mediocre, it had very little flavor. You can choose and your appetizer in addition to a soup or salad. In this particular restaurant we had pretty bad service. Our waitress was not friendly and we often felt like we were bothering her if we asked for something. She also took her time bringing drinks, etc. This was not the case in most of the other restaurants.

ARMANDOS- (Italian style) We did not care for this restaurant for lunch and dinner however, breakfast was great. We found ourselves eating there often as our room was a short walk away. The service was always great and they have a really nice breakfast bar where you can get fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, and local jams in addition to ordering eggs.

PITONS- (Caribbean) Food and service were good, however both times we ate there we waited over 1hr 15mins for our entrées!

LA TOC- (French) This restaurant was EXCELLENT! The service and food were great!! You will need a reservation, so if you do not have butler service call the day you get there!

CRICKETERS PUB- A low-key bar that served “pub food” and showed sports on TV. It’s good if you’re looking for a quick in and out meal.

NEPTUNES- (Mediterranean cuisine) I loved Neptunes. We ate there often for lunch. (Try the pizza!) We had dinner there one night and it was excellent! Keep in mind the menu is mainly fish with 1 chicken dish. My husband doesn’t like fish, so there weren’t many options for him. The service at Neptunes I found to be the best out of all the restaurants on the resort. The servers were wonderful and friendly!

THE PAVILION- Great open restaurant overlooking the main pool and beach! For breakfast the menu is buffet style, however, dinner was sit down service. The food was great as well!

PRIVATE DINNER ON BEACH-(not included) It was expensive, but great! We were the only two on the beach that night! Food was delicious!

Friday Night Street Party- Most of the restaurants are closed on Friday night for the street party! It is buffet style with a lot of local food options that my husband loved! They have a DJ, live band and entertainers. It was a lot of fun! They even serve coconuts you can drink out of!

I HIGHLY recommend the Red Lane Spa! I treated myself to the Spa twice while there! It was INCREDIBLE! The employees at the spa were very sweet and helpful. It was relaxing and well worth the money. (Definitely do the couples massage)!

I’d like to say something about the Butler service. I had read many comments that it wasn’t worth it…I will say this. We had 2 butlers and I’d prefer not to say their names and one was much better than the other. We had some surprises throughout our 2 weeks there. Bubble baths, rose petals on the bed, breakfast delivered to our room almost every morning, champagne in the room, etc. They really came in handy when it came to making reservations for dinner or excursions, securing lounge chairs at the pool or beach as they fill up fast. It was nice having whatever you wanted delivered, whenever you wanted it, obviously, a luxury that doesn’t happen in “real life”.

Overall, the resort is GORGEOUS. Scenic views from almost anywhere you stand! The people for the most part were very friendly and thankful that you came to visit “their island”. We highly recommend St. Lucia La Toc and had a wonderful, romantic and relaxing honeymoon!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a more private, quiet room, do not stay in the main building near the main po...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We went here for our honeymoon. At first we thought we are paying a lot for this but once we got there we felt like it was still kinda worth it since it's our honeymoon. No doubt, it's pretty expensive. Especially because we got butler room (romeo & juliet sunset room with balcony on 3rd floor). Our room was awesome, great view from the balcony but to be honest we sat in the balcony for breakfast only one morning. It was just too humid and hot to sit outside. We preferred AC room. Pool was super close by from our room so our butler would reserve us a chair every day and also bring food for us wherever we are. Food at Armando's was amazing. We ate there for breakfast, lunch & dinner most of the time since it's right next to the sunset bluff area. I have crazy lizard phobia and I freak out as soon as I see one. Fortunately, I didn't see that many. I only saw one when my husband and I went to play tennis. Otherwise, I didnt say any. My husband said he saw couple when we visited the Grande near the grass so if you are worried about lizards, dont be, you wont see any most likely unless you look for them. Also just try to avoid grassy and bushy area - thats usually where lizards are. We probably wont come back to the island since we are already visited once but we would for sure go to another Sandals property. All inclusive part just made it so simple for us as we were not counting everytime we ate out and we also didnt have to carry any money with us. It was super easy and lots of fun!!!

Room Tip: Butler service will for sure make your honeymoon more special! Sunset bluff is quieter and better c...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I went here for our honeymoon. We had a wonderful time. We stayed in a one bedroom suits with a private pool. The room was cleaned every day and the staff was friendly. Our front desk attendent, Toni was amazing, Miguel the bartender was attentive, and we had the best server at the La Toc Restaurant, Tamera. The Island is so beautiful and the tours are definitely worth taking. We had the best time on the Joe's Knows Tour. The Island has so many different landscapes to see and I feel like we got our money’s worth on this tour. St Lucia La Toc is a great place to visit.

Middletown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at La Toc for our honeymoon September 17-24, and I cannot think of one bad thing to say about our trip! We stayed in the 2 story villas that came with butler service. Our butlers Don and Sydney provided us impeccable service our entire time there. Our first night i requested breakfast on our patio at 7:30. The next morning, and every morning after that, at exactly7:30 there was either Don or Sydney with our breakfast. They also reserved our lounge chairs each day at the pool, and there was always a cooler full of ice cold beer and water waiting for us when we got there. Our entire time at La Toc each employee greeted us with a "hello how are you today", with a smile on their face. Where can you get this type of greeting in the United States??

The food was amazing! These were our favorite dinners in order, dinner on the beach, (worth the $170!), Gordon's (located at Grande), Neptunes, Pitons, La Toc, and Armandos. Everybody raved about La Toc before we ate there, the food was great, except this is one of the only indoor restaurants, which we really didnt care for.

If you do decide to book an excursion, we would recommend Joe Know's. This was a great way to see the island, and the tour guides were great the entire time.

We are looking forward to booking our next trip to a Sandals very soon!

Orangeville, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Spent 10 days at Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia. Great place. Staff couldn't be more helpful. They are always happy and smiling. Our room was tastfully decorated and spotless. Food in all of the restaurants is very good. Would recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing vacation. Special thanks to Donnalin, George, Richy, Gem, Jessica and Martha, wonderful people who made our vaction special.

Room Tip: We asked for few stair if possible and close to the pool. Lovely room on the ground floor with a lit...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!