We spent 5 nights at Villa Beach from 6/9-6/14 and if we ever get back to St Lucia (and we plan to), Villa Beach will again be our home away from home. Staff - fantastic! Colin welcomed us our first morning and spent about an hour giving us a historical perspective of St Lucia and the Villa Beach property. He really made us feel welcome and his knowledge and passion are impressive. Nadia was our first contact when we made the reservation and she was as welcoming in person as she was in arranging our reservations virtually. Villa Beach arranged for Claudius to drive us whenever we had a tour or wanted to travel to dinner. Taxis are very expensive in St Lucia, however drivers can be arranged directly through Villa Beach and we saw Claudius as more than a taxi driver, he was a guide that enhanced our vacation. He has great personality and is a veritable wealth of knowledge. He took us on a personal day tour of St Lucia's west coast - the personal attention and ability to personalize our experience was priceless.
We were in Room 3, an upstairs 1 BR suite with full kitchen and utensils. Had a balcony that was maybe 30 yards from the ocean - meaning we heard waves throughout the day and night, very relaxing! The ocean's just a few yards away, but the property also has a pool. Though we aren't big pool people, we did take advantage of the hot tub. There is a Sandals right next door which likely works our well for many people. We, however, like the smaller more personal touch and Villa Beach definitely provides that.
The restaurant right next door is named The Wharf. Don't let the outside turn you away, the food is good and reasonably priced. Can either eat there (we did once) or bring it to your room (we did that once too). You can also arrange with Villa Beach to order from a restaurant they work with to have dinner delivered to your room. We did that once and it was excellent.
All in all, a fantastic 5 days spent in St Lucia. As with most vacations - it's the people and the "connection" that moves a vacation from "good" to "great". This experience was memorable and I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks VBC!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, boutique, beachfront hotel featuring deluxe fully self-contained one and two bedrooms villa suites nestled among the coconut trees and lush tropical gardens at Choc Bay with panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and offering comfortable, casual luxury with friendly, impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Villa Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Beach Cottages Hotel Castries
- Hotel Beach
- Villa Beach Cottages St. Lucia/Castries