It's a small friendly place that has a strong service orientation. All the time I'd see people sweeping up leaves, touching up paintwork, and cleaning. and they're all polite and friendly.
This is doubtless due to the leadership of Colin Hunt, a charming and slightly idiosyncratic man who loves his work.
We had a balcony that looked out at the gorgeous beach, and they will lend you snorkelling gear, kayak etc. And they have on-site car rental.
The independent restaurant next door looks run-down but the food is good and they're friendly. It's better than it looks! And back at the villa, self-catering allows you to eat what and when you want.
Highly recommended. It has the sophistication of a corporate establishment, with the charm of an independent. Just enough quirkiness to make it interesting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, boutique, beachfront hotel featuring deluxe fully self-contained one and two bedrooms villa suites nestled among the coconut trees and lush tropical gardens at Choc Bay with panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and offering comfortable, casual luxury with friendly, impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Villa Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Beach Cottages Hotel Castries
- Hotel Beach
- Villa Beach Cottages St. Lucia/Castries