We recently returned from St Lucia and VBC where we spent two enjoyable weeks. When we arrived it was raining very heavily (as it continued to do for the next 5 days and off and on during our stay) and we were met by Olivia carrying a huge umbrella to accompany us to ur room - a ray of sunshine on that awfully wet evening. When we were shown to our two bedroom deluxe villa, I remarked that it looked just as it did on the website photo gallery! That welcome set the scene for the rest of our stay at VBC - the standard of accomodation was very good; the staff, from Reception to security and housekeeping, were all very friendly and helpful; every request (not many, I dare say) for attention to something that was not working e.g. unable to open the safe before re-setting it; was met and rectified very promptly. Colin (the owner) added to the welcome by 'introducing and inducting us to the family' and was very helpful with suggestions for exploring the island - he certainly does his bit for the Tourist Board and for promoting St Lucia! I certainly would recommend Villa Beach Cottages to others visiting St Lucia - a really friendly, peaceful resort, the location of which affords you the tranqulity you may want but which is also close enough to the actiion if you want it. I couldn't end this review without also mentioning Moses, the taxi driver sent by VBC to meet us at the airport. A real gentleman who provided an excellent service for us, taking us to various venues and also an excellent guide on our tour - he won us over as soon as he'd stopped on our way from the airport and got us some locally baked bread (literally hot off the oven!) with melting butter; very welcome after the unappetising airplane meal we had!
- Also Known As:
- Villa Beach Cottages Hotel Castries
- Villa Beach Cottages Hotel
- Hotel Beach
- Villa Beach Cottages St. Lucia/Castries
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, boutique, beachfront hotel featuring deluxe fully self-contained one and two bedrooms villa suites nestled among the coconut trees and lush tropical gardens at Choc Bay with panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and offering comfortable, casual luxury with friendly, impeccable service. ... more less