We travelled to the Rendezvous on 26 October 2010 for a 2 week stay and got married whilst we was there on 4 November 2010.
I would like to start by saying before we travelled i was always checking tripadvisor to see the most latest reviews and must say was really worried about staying here as i read a fair few negative reviews about building work,hotel being dated rooms being sub standard etc, i would like to say these people are talking out their backsides we found the hotel the best hotel we have ever stayed in most fantastic staff and if people cant find anything better to do than write a negative review about this place then maybe you should of stayed at home and gone to work and moaned about that instead.
Anyway enough about all that on arrival we were met by Yhasime the general manager and some of her colleagues and a cold towel and a drink. We were quickly shown to our room where we were given the choice of our original room or an upgrade, we choose the upgrade room which was a seaside cottage it was lovely, inside was lovely and cool champagne on ice and a welcome message on the phone from the hotel.
On the 30th October the island was it by hurricane Tomas which was such a shame but the hotel was fantastic, these people could not do enough for all the guests to make sure we all still had a great time.
If anyone is considering this hotel as your wedding location you must stay here, Sandra is the wedding planner here and she is lovely we met her the day after arrival for our briefing when she went through everything we would like confirmed dates and times and made us feel very welcome. After hurricane tomas hit i was very worried about our wedding day as it was only 4 days later, but she did everything she could to make sure all went well we even see her the day before helping the maintenance staff sweep the gardens for us. When the day came everything was perfect.
All the staff here are fantastic there is really to many to mention. But our special thanks go to Sandra the wedding planner and Yhasmine the general manager.
We also promised to mention Marcel, he is a local trader who sells souvenirs and jewellery he was lovely not pushy and very kind he told us he used to work for the hotel and management dont mind him coming in the evenings to sell his things, he puts his display out on the outside wall of the bar and you can browse at your leisure,but he never makes you feel like you must buy of him.
I could keep writing about this hotel but sometimes a really long review is off putting.
So to sum this place up it was fantastic i wouldn't of wanted to of stayed anywhere else even with the hurricane and i would recommend this place to everyone and we will be going back one day.
If anyone would like more reassurance if they are getting married here please contact me and it would be a pleasure to email you some of our photos and some more in depth details of the wedding day.
Vicki and Alan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel For Couples. Rendezvous is the only all-inclusive boutique resort in the Caribbean nestled in a tropical garden on a 2-mile stretch of beach, designed for couples who want to spend quality time together in an atmosphere of personalized care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries