“Fantastic holiday/Wedding brilliant hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rendezvous Resort

You added Rendezvous Resort to your Saves list
Rendezvous Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Malabar Beach, Castries 190, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Frinton-On-Sea, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday/Wedding brilliant hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

We travelled to the Rendezvous on 26 October 2010 for a 2 week stay and got married whilst we was there on 4 November 2010.
I would like to start by saying before we travelled i was always checking tripadvisor to see the most latest reviews and must say was really worried about staying here as i read a fair few negative reviews about building work,hotel being dated rooms being sub standard etc, i would like to say these people are talking out their backsides we found the hotel the best hotel we have ever stayed in most fantastic staff and if people cant find anything better to do than write a negative review about this place then maybe you should of stayed at home and gone to work and moaned about that instead.
Anyway enough about all that on arrival we were met by Yhasime the general manager and some of her colleagues and a cold towel and a drink. We were quickly shown to our room where we were given the choice of our original room or an upgrade, we choose the upgrade room which was a seaside cottage it was lovely, inside was lovely and cool champagne on ice and a welcome message on the phone from the hotel.
On the 30th October the island was it by hurricane Tomas which was such a shame but the hotel was fantastic, these people could not do enough for all the guests to make sure we all still had a great time.
If anyone is considering this hotel as your wedding location you must stay here, Sandra is the wedding planner here and she is lovely we met her the day after arrival for our briefing when she went through everything we would like confirmed dates and times and made us feel very welcome. After hurricane tomas hit i was very worried about our wedding day as it was only 4 days later, but she did everything she could to make sure all went well we even see her the day before helping the maintenance staff sweep the gardens for us. When the day came everything was perfect.
All the staff here are fantastic there is really to many to mention. But our special thanks go to Sandra the wedding planner and Yhasmine the general manager.
We also promised to mention Marcel, he is a local trader who sells souvenirs and jewellery he was lovely not pushy and very kind he told us he used to work for the hotel and management dont mind him coming in the evenings to sell his things, he puts his display out on the outside wall of the bar and you can browse at your leisure,but he never makes you feel like you must buy of him.
I could keep writing about this hotel but sometimes a really long review is off putting.

So to sum this place up it was fantastic i wouldn't of wanted to of stayed anywhere else even with the hurricane and i would recommend this place to everyone and we will be going back one day.
If anyone would like more reassurance if they are getting married here please contact me and it would be a pleasure to email you some of our photos and some more in depth details of the wedding day.

Vicki and Alan

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
Twickenham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

It was exceptionally unfortunate that we arrived just the evening before hurricane Thomas hit St Lucia. Luckily Rendezvous wasn't badly damaged, just a few trees etc, but the impact of no electricity for the first 30+ hours and no water for most of the stay did take its toll. That said, the staff were truly amazing. The resort itself is intimate and from that you get a good sense of comraderie from the guests. We only experienced the Trysting restaurant on our first night as it had to close due to water damage but that one night was a lovely experience. The food and service very good indeed with a wonderful romantic ambiance. The resort is a little at risk of becoming dated if attention not taken soon but the overall feel is one of calm and tranquility. The cemetary next door is actually an unique feature opposed to an issue and don't be put off by the local airport. The few planes (mainly propeller) that go off do not disturb. Drinks plenitful, food exceptional under the circumstances and staff can't be praised enough. Would we return? Not 100% sure but will have some great memories for years to come.

england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

On our recent stay at the Rendezvous, we had the unfortunate experience to be caught up in an unexpected hurricane, which hit the island on Saturday 30th October,
At which point the hotel staff went into their emergency response operation,
Without fuss sandbags were being filled to stop raging sea entering the hotel
Hurricane lamps were put on tables, to allow guests to continue drinking from bar
The efficiency of this operation speaks volumes for the hotel staff and management
Donning hard hat the hotel general manager coordinated the safe transfer of the guests from the restaurant to their rooms in spite of driving rain and lack of electricity
Despite of storm raging outside the chef ensured we all were feed
Provided a extensive range of dishes, despite the kitchen becoming flooded –
It’s far to easy to criticize the hotel staff facilities, in normal circumstances,
However when the weather turned nasty,
The hotel staff had only one thing on their minds,
To ensure that the guests were kept safe and looked after -
We stayed on at the hotel for a further five nights,
Service continued to be of the highest standards
Despite of main water supply to whole of St Lucia being cut off
This was the fourth time we had stayed at the Rendezvous - ,
After having three trouble free holidays, this was the first time we had experienced bad weather, this will not stop us returning to the Island and the Rendezvous Hotel
Full marks to the Rendezvous team as entertainment
Continued in days following the storm
All of which lifted the both guest and staff’s spirits at a very stressful time

United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

We stayed at the Rendezvous for 2 weeks from 10th September and despite a few minor problems, had the holiday of a lifetime. Yes the building work was a nuisance on days when relaxing round the pool and Virgin certainly should have informed travellers that this work was going on. I also suffered from food poisoning during the holiday and have now been diagnosed with post-infective irritable bowel syndrome, however my GP believes I was unlucky in that I ate an individual infected chicken. We certainly had no complaints about the quality or quantity of food at either of the restaurants during our stay. In fact I would say being a fussy eater, the food was fantastic and I always had plenty of choice.
During our stay we renewed our wedding vows on our anniversary and I would like to say a special thank you to Sandra, the wedding co-ordinator who made our day really wonderful and personal to us.
I have travelled extensively to the caribbean and this hotel offers the best and most personal service of any I have stayed in. All of the staff were so friendly and willing to help. Rena who is one of the entertainment staff is a real treasure and a great asset to the hotel.
Of all the places I have travelled this is the first time I have ever said I would return to the same place twice. I have recommended this hotel to several friends and I will be bokking my return visit in the next few weeks.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

Having arrived the day before the hurricane, our trip to St Lucia was restricted to staying mainly within the complex. A small and friendly resort helped as numbers dwindled and a real Dunkirk spirit kicked in despite intermittent electricity and no running water towards the end of our stay as the main Dam on the Island had been damaged.
However not once did we want for food or drink , meals were of a high standard under the circumstances and the staff here bent over backwards to make sure all the guests were looked after. They even chartered a Catamaran and took all the remaining guests on a day trip to Pidgeon Island offering free water sports, games and B-B-Q on the beach. A trip like that would set you back at least $120 each if booked through a tour operator. Like many reviews before you need to be aware a cemetery and small airport are close by and the the resort leads onto a public beach. As mentioned before despite concerns for their own families the people that worked here done themselves proud during a testing time.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

My husband and I went to the Rendezvous to get married early October. My lovely husband chose, booked and arraged everything as a suprise for me, and we got married on my birthday. I have to say, I am normally a holiday control friek and Trip Adviser myself to death but as it was all a suprise, I couldn't do that! I was ALL totally amazing.
As we arrived at the Resort (location accidentally slipped out by Virgin Rep at airport!) we were a bit worried as the entrance was very unassuming, but straight away we got cold towels and Rum punch and my then Fiance and I were wipped off by our own personal wedding planner!!
We had a very luxurious Beach Bungalow. Took me a while to close my dropped jaw, and was so overwhelmed by the luxury, friendlyness and service.
The food was plentyful, the staff amazing (particularly Sean, our bar man) and the surroundings clean and comfortable.
But the person that really made our stay was Sandra, the wedding Co-ordinator. She was such a star and took all the stress away from us both and arranged everything perfectly. She sorted the flowers, Vicar, the hairdresser, photographer, massages, manicure and music. SHe had all the songs we wanted on her ipod!!
The rain was a bit of a problem for a few days and delayed the wedding by an hour, but everyone is so laid back, it didn't really matter.
My day was perfect and 7 bottles of Sparkling wine later, am suprised I remebered the day!!!
Beach boys a bit of a pain, but mostly happy to have a chat. No pressure to buy anything.
I don't want to repeat all the comments on here, just want to say we had the time of our lives., Thanks to Mike and Jan, our Witnesses, Steve and June our unofficial photographer (also left a review on here) Sean and Sandra.
You will not regret staying here.
Just hope they were not too affected by the weekends hurricane.
Thank you everyone from the Rendezvous. (apologies for spelling - in a rush to continue with my wifely duties!!!)

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Ignoring the fact that the resort is beautiful, food top-notch (especially for an all-inclusive), pool areas lovely, and that it sits on a great stretch of beach... the best thing about the Rendezvous hands-down is the people. The service was amazing from the moment we stepped out of the cab until the moment we left. Everyone was so friendly, recognized us, greeted us by name in many cases, and within several days all the bartenders even knew what we generally preferred to drink.

The resort itself was great. The recent renovations are wonderful, and the atmosphere is very relaxing and romantic. We stayed in a beach front cottage, which was such a wonderful treat! Like I said, the pool areas were lovely. We particularly enjoyed the lazy river--it was so secluded and peaceful back there. I received a pedicure in the spa, and that was also wonderful.

The food was wonderful. There was a great variety, and we always were able to find things we would like, in addition to trying a few new things! Our last night at the resort we had a private candlelit meal for the two of us on the porch of our cottage (it would have been on the beach had it not rained). That meal was absolutely amazing, and my steak was one of the best I've ever had. Plus the setting couldn't be beat!

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone, and if we ever have the opportunity to go back to St. Lucia we will absolutely stay at the Rendezvous again.

A side note to this: Our flight out of St. Lucia ended up being canceled, and our airline put us up for one more night in a different hotel with the same star rating as Rendezvous. The new hotel couldn't hold a flame to the Rendezvous, and I couldn't tell you how much I wished we were back at our "home" resort that last night. It just could not compare in any way, from the rooms to the food to the resort itself.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Rendezvous Resort? Share your experiences!