We stayed at the Rendezvous Feb 4-11. We chose the Rendezvous based on the positive reviews we read on this site. We spent the first week of our two week holdiay at Rendezvous and the second week at Anse Chastanet.We found this resort to be pretty average - good but not great.
What Was Good
- The rooms were very nice and the beds were comfy! We stayed in a Verandah suite. The bathrooms and marble showers are a very nice touch and the large balcony was great. The maids kept the room spotless.Make sure you bring your own CD's.
- Tons of water sports. You could water ski, wakeboard, hobby cat, windsurf etc. as often as you wanted with no lines or waits. We loved the intorduction to Scuba class. The instructor, Scuba Steve, is hilarious and it's so great that after a few hours of instruction you get to do an actual dive. What an experience!
- The staff was very nice. St Lucians in general are all very friendly and social. They are always laughing, dancing and singing. The Manager's cocktail party was a very nice touch. Champagne was served around the pool while a steal drum band played. All the staff were there to socialize and it was really nice talking to them and learning about their lives on the island
What was bad
- The food was pretty bad. I never looked forward to lunch or dinner. Some examples - Seafood cocktail at the a la carte restaurant was imitation crab sticks cut up and drenched in long island dressing. Mushrooms served with your breakfast were straight out of the can and the only shrimp I saw all week was the mini canned variety. The fruit buffet at breakfast was tightly controlled. If you asked nicely for more than one piece of pineapple, the guy serving it would roll his eyes. Also there was no bottled water all week (we never got sick though). I mean you have a mini fridge in your room that remains empty all week - couldn't they put a couple bottles of water and pop in there?
The noise! I knew about the airport noise beforehand and I didn't think it would bother me, but it really did. These planes start at 6 am! They will wake you from your sleep! I know the noise comes and goes in 10 seconds, but do you really want to be reminded every 20 mins that in a couple of days you will be on one of those planes on the way home? It just doesn't give you the feeling of being on a secluded island. Also, our room was located directly above an area where the hotel workers would back up a truck to load/unload the towels/laudry. So every morning between 7:30 and 8:00 - "BEEP, BEEP, BEEP" (truck backing up). Also, the Verandah rooms are pretty close to the main road, so you often heard horns or sirens. Oh yeah, on the days the planes or the trucks didn't wake us up, there was a nice rooster that would do the job!
I could write a lot more, but I guess the bottom line is that the Rendezvous is just allright. Nothing really to complain about, but nothing that wouuld make me recomend it to my friends. We did get a day pass and visited Body Holiday LeSport for dinner one night. Definitely do this! LeSport seemed like a much nicer, classier resort. The food at TAO was amazing! Equivalent to a NY 5* restaurant in terms of service, presentation and taste. We didn't want to return to Rendezvous after LeSport! Also, if you are booking through Air Canada vacations, compare prices between Rendezvous and Anse Chastanet. Sometimes they are priced the same and Anse Chastanet was 100 times better in all aspects!
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel
- Rendezvous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Resort All Inclusive
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel For Couples. Rendezvous is the only all-inclusive boutique resort in the Caribbean nestled in a tropical garden on a 2-mile stretch of beach, designed for couples who want to spend quality time together in an atmosphere of personalized care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.