“Simply paradise and highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rendezvous Resort

You added Rendezvous Resort to your Saves list
Rendezvous Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Malabar Beach, Castries 190, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Simply paradise and highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

O.k so its took me 5 months since I went to finally sit down in front of the computer and write this review but the memory is as fresh as yesterday so lets go for it.

I will probably address the only real problem first. When we arrived we had a long flight (10 hours travel time) and to be honest wanted a power nap when we were taken to our room so we could enjoy the rest of the evening. We were taken to our room and instantly noticed building noise (This is back in July) When we got into our room we were blown away by the view and opened the balcony doors to see and loudly hear there was building work on rooms near us. They were replacing all the wood work and the balconies of various rooms using buzz saws and equipment.

Essentially it was so loud we couldn't even stay in our room. We went and asked how long it would go on for and we were informed it was on its final day and would be completed by the following day. We decided this was o.k and just carried on with the day... Jumping to the next day it did carry on till lunch so we still couldn't use the balcony but then it luckily stopped!

We raised the issue with Kuoni and the hotel and were very disappointed that we were not informed but thankful it only affected the first 2 days of our stay as we got married there! So it was a special time for us.

Speaking with other guests it had been going on for weeks and we did hear that it ruined some people's trips so I would certainly say its worth asking what work they are doing before you go as its so peaceful that any work really is noticeable to a point it ruins it.

Anyway lets get onto the positives about this resort. From the moment you walk through the gardens to reception you know its something special. The staff from the first moment you get there to the moment you leave are friendly and helpful and keen to get to know the staff and befriend you.

The gardens that run through the resort are simply stunning. You can spend a day just enjoying your self, walking through the gardens, sitting in various spots and enjoy the tranquillity. There was also a family of new born kittens that were living in the gardens which were so cute. Many, many couples were feeding them daily and saying hello them. We did the same and they made our day watching them play.

The lazy river and the relaxing swimming pool were the perfect place to be when you wanted quiet, relaxed space. You could find a secluded spot around the river and just enjoy it. Constant bar tender service which would keep you topped up with drinks all day long. Nothing to fault what so ever!

The massage and theory centre was perfect. Again it was relaxing, the staff were friendly and because we got married there we had a treatment included which we loved. If you stay here you must at least experience 1 treatment if not more!

The rooms. We stayed in their luxury beach front rooms which couldn't get better. The rooms were massive with 4 poster beds, big bathrooms, balconies with hammock, freezing cold air-conditioning (which you need) and more space than you could ever want. The rooms are perfect.

The beach and water sport centre. Again perfect, the beach is spread out and kind of split into 2 distinctive sections. 1 section is closer to where the locals play and drink (There is security on the boarder on the beach) and the other is relaxed, deeper and closer to the beach side rooms with more space. It depends what you want and where you sit but we enjoyed chatting with the locals and speaking with them regularly so we enjoyed that side of the beach more. We could see some couples getting annoyed they were being disturbed which I do understand but its a public beach and its for them to enjoy to so people just need to relax a bit.

The many bars. There are 2-3 different bars on the beach, even the main bar is bang in the right place and where ever you choose to sit and drink your going to be happy. Your never more than 60 seconds from a pool or the sand and the waiters just want to keep you topped up and they are so funny you will want to spend most your day chatting with them. We did!

The entertainment team also put in so much work. I tried to do everything they set up and really got involved with the competitions. The more we put in the more the staff put in and they seemed to work all day and all night. I have no idea when they sleep as they are always around doing something. It feels like your staying with a family more than a hotel.

The food and dining experience. Again brilliant. There was a different theme every single night which we enjoyed. Some nights were table service, some were buffet but either way they were fantastic. The food is high quality and you won't get bored of the variety. The beach BBQ night was out of this world. You had birds flying around while eating which was lovely. Nice to see the local wildlife as at the end of the day that's what we are here for. Enjoy what St Lucia has to offer.

So from the friendly staff, the amazing entertainment team, good food, perfectly relaxing gardens and pools and stunning beaches this resort is a must stay. But now for the best part. our wedding.

So I got married here! In the 2 weeks we were there, there was only 2 weddings which made it feel special. We looked at places in Mexico but its 1 in and 1 out during the day. Here you had a very special, very personal service and experience. The wedding team again were energetic and very easy to deal with. We loved them.

The wedding location. What can I say, on the beach. The music, the view, the friends we made that were our witnesses and my wife who looked stunning. It was the best setting I could have ever wanted. It was perfect from start to finish. We then had photos around the resort. The photo/video team were fantastic and the experience again was amazing. The final photos were perfect and we had almost 100 to enjoy when we got home. The location really made it our perfect wedding day.

The staff and the guests got involved in the evening and helped make it even more special, dancing, drinking. Perfect and the staff really went the extra mile every moment. Then I can't recommend it enough, have dinner on the beach by fire lights. You sit at a private table on your own little stretch of beach with your own staff waiting on you and we had a saxophone player for over an hour just playing music while we ate and enjoyed the experience. We felt like a king and queen sat surrounded by fire lights, on a beach, music and perfect service with simply great food. I can't tell you enough how much you need to spend the money and enjoy this experience!

So the wedding day was perfect, the way we were treated was amazing and the amount of champagne! Oh my word... I forgot the champagne bar, free champagne on tap and even 1 night MEOT which was not expected. The only negative was not down to the hotel, there was a very, very rude chap from the UK (I am from the UK too) who spoke to the bar tenders like servants, disrespected pretty much everything about the service and played down the quality of the drinks available. We met a few people like this who just needed to drop the ego and enjoy the experience. I will never get people that rude and apologised to the bar tender because I felt so bad listening to the plonker. But that's another story!

When we left we knew we would go back at some point and we will have a wedding anniversary here that's for sure. I would very much enjoy visiting the island and this resort again. I hope if you have taken the time to read all this you will go and enjoy it as much as we did.

Room Tip: Beach view room on the 2nd floor to the west of the complex.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We have now joined the 'returners', having been to this heavenly resort twice this year (May and November/December). I endorse all the positive comments I made in my first review (June) and by all other reviewers (staff, food, drink, service, weather, location, comfort etc etc etc). I now add is that I think the beach opposite the beachfront verandah rooms is underused for reasons I can't understand. I swam for hours every day again and was puzzled by people preferring the pools or the other beach opposite the pool bar (stony, rougher). The right hand beach became my second home in May and then again on this second visit and I now swim in my local pool every week and even for an hour last week!

Also, I treasure the ethos of this place - focus on low-key luxury (never 'blingy'), mostly quiet (no music blaring during the day), friendly staff and friendly guests, small number of rooms, the beautiful garden (don't miss the garden walk).

So, thanks again to Yasmine and all her incredibly loyal, hard-working, committed and professional staff. We hope to be back next December with some of the people we met this time - you know who you are!

Room Tip: Get a room with a sea view! Well worth the extra money I think!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Kinvere, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Just back from 10 nights in resort and I start by saying that this is one of the best holidays we have had. The staff are truly superb. OK lets start with a few negatives and build to the positive.

The negatives for us: (1)The journey from/to the airport was taken by taxi, the road is awful, winds round, pot holes and about an hour away. (2)Our original room 104 garden room was smelly, damp and mouldy - we were moved (3) Birds tend to fly into the open restaurant at breakfast and lunch (4) A mini fridge is in room but although all inclusive the hotel want to charge to fill fridge (5) Be aware of an expensive wine list in the restaurant and champagne bar, you do not need to have it as the normal wine is quite adequate. (6) Castries is the capital of the island, it is a working locals area and not touristy. Many of the buildings have bars at the windows and is a bit of a shanty town.

Neutral: The local airport has minimal traffic, planes fly overhead about 4 or 5 times a day but never a problem. The sea slopes severely and can take your feet if not careful.

Positives: The staff welcome you from start to finish of every day, the resort has loads to do, you make lots of friends as couples only and only 100 rooms. The food and drinks are all top notch, plentiful and freely available. Entertainment is provided day and night, i.e yoga, volleyball, fishing, archery, bowls, watersports, live music. You do not have to join in, it is free and easy but I suggest you give things ago as the staff make it easy and it is great to meet other guests. Our room whilst originally negative (104) was moved up a floor to 205 and this was much better, the garden rooms are large, clean & comfortable. Everything is close as small resort but never busy. Always got a sunbed, towels and space.

Overall this was a superb holiday. We relaxed, we drank, we ate, we met some great people and loved every minute here. Our negatives are simply to provide balance and a rounded view.

Room Tip: Upper floor garden rooms or any of the others. The beech front ones looked fab
Sparkford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From arrival to departure everything was perfect, helpful friendly staff, great accommodation, great food, I would go back tomorrow. The location is excellent with plenty of space on the beach or by the pool

Room Tip: Choose a beachfront room
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Came here to celebrate birthday on recommendation from friend. Hotel staff dealt discretely with celebrations and with charm and humour. We were All Inclusive virgins and have been impressed. Parts of hotel are a little jaded but there is constant update programme in place. Good age group mix. Minor moans, smoking in Terrace Bar area unacceptable and more monitoring of birds and cat in dining area would feel more hygienic. Staff the friendliest ever and should be thanked for their constant good humour and superb service. Trysting Place restaurant provides civilised dining experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in Garden View room and were very happy.
Bolton Landing, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As a travel agent who experiences many destinations, I was greatly impressed with this lovely boutique hotel close to the SLU Airport (planes arrival and departure was not bothersome either) that had the newly renovated accommodations, good food, a beautiful beach and the friendliest staff I have ever encountered at any resort! There are many options for daily activities; biking, yoga, archery and a small gym for those of us that need our daily workout.

A great beach with palapas and umbrellas available and beach side service.

Spa in building with separate rooms for services (had an excellent Balinese service) but there is no steam or sauna or actual spa area, just a small sitting room to wait for your service.

Excellent drinks at all of the bars and Champagne Bar open each evening.

After dinner there are shows or live music for dancing...if you are ready to have fun the staff engages the crowd but all of the entertainment I found enjoyable.

It is about a 1 1/2 hour ride from UVF Airport (the international airport on the other side of the island).

I was highly impressed with this destination and will be recommending it to my client's!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Lymington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What an amazing place !
We have just returned from a 10 day stay that was truly in a paradise!
Great food, beautiful hotel and rooms, exquisite gardens and beach, relaxed ambience, and (perhaps the most important) happy friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you. I could not single anyone out, as the customer service was near perfection.
The huge range of activities were not only professionally run, but delivered with great humour and fun.
The evening entertainment was varied and embraced a real taste of St. Lucia- steel band, creole and calypso music, dance and limbo. Great stuff !!
With regards to the water- heating issues and on-going refurbishment, we were informed of the works as soon as we arrived were kept fully informed as things progressed. Things do go wrong and I think that it is a measure of the management structure how problems are responded to. All guests were offered the wonderful picnic day on Pigeon Island, followed by the sunset cruise as an apology for the lack of hot water and then when the beach refurbishment ran over, a sumptuous BBQ was provided. This more than compensated for the minor inconveniences, and both management and staff should be congratulated on two fantastic events, which must have been a logistical nightmare.
Our only gripe concerns the smokers. Towards the end of our stay, there appeared to be several inconsiderate guests who lit up with total disregard for their fellow holidaymakers. From sitting in the Terrace Bar to the close proximity of the sun beds on the beach and around the Pool Bar. The lovely lady, who we spoke to in Reception, told us that smoking was only permitted at the far end of the Resort beach and she would talk to staff to remind guests of this policy. I hope this has the desired effect. Don't let selfishness spoil this paradise .

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Rendezvous Resort? Share your experiences!