“Excellent honeymoon destination.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rendezvous Resort

Save Saved
You added Rendezvous Resort to your Saves list
Rendezvous Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Malabar Beach, Castries 190, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Saint Albans, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent honeymoon destination.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

This was our first ever experience of an all inclusive holiday. In our case a honeymoon. We were thrilled with the quality of the accommodation and the excellence of the service provided. The staff could not be more helpful and very quickly we began to expect and enjoy their company. The resort was clean and comfortable and the food was ideal. I enjoyed the way that I was cajoled into a cricket match and some fiercely contested volleyball. The water sports activities were well-run and we enjoyed our scuba experience as part of the package (a real bonus). The fishing trip was not quite up to scratch and several of our party were experienced fisherman and disappointed with the lack catch due to poor tackle and choice of reef. Sometimes simplicity is best! Otherwise we could not fault the resort and would definitely return. Great value for money and utterly relaxing. I'm not sure if I could have squeezed any more food in!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Well where do I start. We have just got home.Amazing from start to finish.

Nothing was too much for anyone. We were quite worried from the reviews that we were too young to come to the hotel. But we were pleased to see other young couples on honeymoon there also.Dressing up for dinner isnt that hard, they dont want you to look like the queen, but focus more on couples making an effort for eachother. We were quite anxious after reading the reviews on the dress code but honestly as long as you didnt look like you had just come off the beach, soaking wet with sand everywhere we had no issues at all. I wore sundresses and sandals to dinner most evenings and my husband wore dark jeans/chinos with shoes and shirts and we were never questioned about it.

Rooms are spotlessly cleaned daily and turned down every night. Dont be alarmed if you find candles lit when you return from dinner.

The food was outstanding. The fillet steak in the Trysting is one of the nicest steaks I have ever eaten. I want to mention a few names. Ryan, Eric and Sean from the bar team. Who were brilliant. Many an evening we stayed up laughing and joking with them until the small hours. The restuarant ladies Frances, Carmen and Michealla who were so accomodating to me and my husband during our stay. Andy who took our cases to our room, such a lovely chap with lots of info for us on what to do on the Island . Pauline in the pool with the aqua aerobics. Helping me to keep mobile during my stay, Josie and Deano were very entertaining at the beach BBQ on Thursday evening and last but no mean least Tony. for taking us out to the street party and showing us a really good time with the locals. That night will never leave us. Fantastic memories thank you.

My tips for an amazing time in St Lucia

If you go in rainy season like we did ( April to Nov).You will get hammered by mosquitos. Dont bother with any of the deet stuff. We wasted about £20 on rubbish stuff before we went. Go and see Marcelle in the evenings by the terrace bar he has a little stall set up. He has local ointments that are all natural. Apply it like perfume to your body and they dont come near you. Any existing bites dab the ointment on to stop the itch.

We also highly reccomend this natural remedy for sunburn and taking the sting out of bites.

Using the camomile, peppermint and green tea bags in the room. Make a bath from the tea bags and soak in it. You can also use the wet teabags to dab any areas.The redness in my skin from the bites went down and it eased my husbands sun burn.

Dont take any suncream under 35spf. I never burn and go golden brown. My husband was horrifically burned on day 2 in the shade. You can still catch a tan on a cloudy day in St Lucia. so be mindful of that. We bought a suncream 45 spf from the hotel shop and it was amazing called Caribbean Breeze. I have an amazing tan after a week holiday and didnt burn at all.

Go to the mud bath in Soufriere, I feel about 10 years younger now. Make sure you purchase the black and yellow soaps from the vendors. They make ideal gifts and are topical for many ailments.

Party people- The hotel is quite laid back in terms of entertainment in the evenings. Things settle down about 11 music wise. The champagne bar will stay open as long as there is someone drinking in there and there is a pianist who takes requests. The guitar player in the Trysting resturant is fab. He played our first dance song and covered a wide range of music, not to be missed. Most nights we were tired and retired to bed early but we did do a few late night sessions in the champagne bar with Sean and Eric.

If you are looking for the real St Lucia make sure you go to the Friday night Street party in Gros Islet. Not for everyone. But will always be in my heart as one of the best memories of the trip. The local spiced rum there is something to be sampled.Its like rocket fuel and the Soca music really gets you going.If you go into Castries market you can buy all the spices and the really strong local rum to take home with you to make yourself. I have just made a batch now :)

Pigeon Island is also one of the picturesque places on the island.We were lucky enough to spend a day here and the snorkelling isnt to be missed.

To sum up as I could go on and on. A lovely little jewel. I would come again in August as the hotel occupancy isnt as high as high season so a little more quiter around the bar and food places and you still get the sunshine.See you soon :)

Room Tip: We had room 107 which was a garden view room and it was perfect for us. I have mobility issues so ne...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Just returned from a 10 day holiday at Rendezvous and cannot find anything to be negative about. I had seen one or two negative comments in other reviews but the things they actually moaned about enhanced my time there. For example some people complained that the beach was used by local families on sundays....so what, it is not a private beach, it is their country and it was wonderful to see the locals enjoying themselves. There are two beaches and two pools so it's not like holiday makers had nowhere else to go if they felt that way. Also some people said there was not enough variety of food. In my opinion there was too much choice and quantity leading to over indulgence. The staff are amazing, friendly, welcoming and truly at your service. Pauline will work your muscles in the Aqua Aerobics and make it fun, Carmen, Gloria, Candice, Elizabeth and the rest of the Terrace staff work tirelessly to serve your every need, including the Kitchen staff, and we had a very enjoyable and safe bike ride to Castries with Clarvie. Everywhere was spotlessly clean, and there was plenty of good quality sun beds and beach towels. The terrace and lounge area had plenty of zoned seating areas where you could sip on cocktails watching the sea and sunset. The lazy river was so lovely with almost private little pools and loungers, which I have never seen anywhere before. The entertainment was low key but it suited the whole concept of Rendezvous so it is not for people who want full on entertainment. All in all this was the perfect hotel and location, would recommend St Lucia and Rendezvous Hotel to friends and family. 10/10

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

This was our first holiday since our honeymoon 2 years ago and it did not disappoint! The hotel is wonderful and the staff fantastic! They make the check in process hassle free by doing it for you and that sets the tone for the stay – the culture of the hotel is to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. The staff are all very friendly, well-mannered and very courteous – they all want to get to know you, for example they all say hello to you and remember your name, and show genuine interest in you: they all stop you and take a few minutes to talk to you about anything and everything. Staff such as Tony, Bianca, Jacinta, Francis, Matilda, Michaela, Head Chef Peter, General Manager Yasmin and not to mention the duo of Deano and Tino are an absolute credit to the hotel. Some of the other key reasons we enjoyed it so such was because of the location - it has its own beachfront - food is very good in spite of being all inclusive, rooms are clean, pools are cosy and where the hotel really excels is the champagne bar which is a great place to meet other couples; this getting to know other couples creates a warm and family-like atmosphere among the guests which enhances the food-good factor in the hotel. This place is a must for those who want to get away for a luxurious R&R break – we will definitely be going back!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

This is a well presented hotel that is ideally situated on the beach with great accomodation. The vast majority of staff are excellent, always helpful, pleasant and clearly dedicated to their jobs. The restaurants provide excellent food, with wide and varied menus that never disappoint. The facilities in the hotel are excellent, with a gym, TV lounge, archery, several pools and much more. There are a couple of bars, although we found the beach bar service rather inconsistent. Our holiday was unfortunately ruined by the ignorant and racist security staff employed by the hotel. I am white and my wife is black and clearly these ignorant security staff with their small and racist minds must have considered that I had 'brought' my wife into the hotel and consistently challenged us as we walked around the hotel and on the beach. They were rude, constantly banning us from walking along the beach and were persistent in their condemnation of my wife. Bearing in mind my wife is an accademic who owns and runs several successful businesses, the small minded attitudes of these ignorant security staff was a shock. Other guests witnessed their disgusting behaviour and commented to us how shocked they were too. We complained several times to the hotel and they apologised. As we sat on our first class BA filghts back to London we could see the funny side of this ignorant and unnaceptable behaviour but found it a sad reflection on St Lucian society. We are well travelled, staying in some of the best hotels and we have never experienced such dispicable behaviour in any other country.

More generally it was disappointing that smoking was permitted in the covered parts of the hotel, albeit generally restricted to the edges. It is also worth noting that the hotel is next to a regional airport where light aircraft flights fun from about 06:00 to 20:00 most days. The aircraft noise was not particularly intrusive though.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
ResortManagementRDV, Manager at Rendezvous Resort, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Dear Guests

Thank you for choosing Rendezvous for your time away together.

We are apalled by the nature of the concern you have raised and sincerley apologise for the way you have been treated. Unfortunately, we were not aware that you were experiencing this problem until you spoke directly to me hours prior to your dearture. Had we been aware, we most certainly would have addressed the matter. Since your report, we have approached the Security Management company on the issue demanding immediate corrective action.

The Rendezvous team in no way supports or condones this sort of attitide or behaviour. The resort team consistently and successfully treats every guest, no matter the circumstances with warmth, dignity and respect. As I mentioned to you, we are now contemplating extending some of the customer service training conducted for the inhouse resort staff to the security team to address this problem.

Again, we apologise for this most unfortunate experience which should not be taken as a reflection on St. Lucian society. St. Lucians in general, as you would have experiecned for yourself, are some of the most hospitable, kind, warm and genuine people you will find. The St. Lucian culture is such that the average St. Lucin will give up the comofrt of their own bed in an effort to adequately cater to a guest. The island's success in the hospitality industry is an indicator of our openess as a people and our readiness to embrace our visitors. In every society, there will be those who undermine the status quo but the St. Lucian people work assiduously to preserve the tourism industry as it is so important to our economy but more so coming from a place where it is comes as second nature to look after visitors to our homes and to our island.

Yhasmine
Stone Mountain, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I am a travel agent who spent one night at the resort and was in desperate need to relax and unwind. I was concerned about being alone at a couple's resort however the staff was very attentive. The General Manager even called to invite me to dinner with her personally. I had an immaculate Oceanfront Room in which I was no more then 10 steps from the beach. The decor is calming and furnishings up to date with nice wood. The bathroom was huge and stocked with great toiletries. I had a terrace with hammock and very comfortable patio furniture. I arrived between lunch and afternoon tea so the restaurant was closed, They opened up the kitchen to prepare a meal for me. There are no televisions in the rooms which was a cause for concern since I fall asleep with it on. There is a radio and docking station so I had some good music. The gardens are lush and inviting in addition to the azure blue pool. The beach is public as with all beaches in St. Lucia so there were children and teenagers in the vicinity but not all day. Security is present at all times but not intrusive. The beach is long and wide and not in the least bit crowded. They also have cottages which have a retro somewhat dated look from the outside but definitely modern and up to date on the inside. If you are looking for nightlife and a substantial number of activities then this may not be the right resort. The staff provides wonderful hospitality and you can definitely leave the world outside and reconnect with yourself and mate.

Room Tip: Luxury Oceanfront is the way to go because of the large patio area.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Just returned from another visit to this resort and did not regret repeating the experience at all. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by staff who remembered us from a year ago, you quickly are made to feel like part of The Rendevous family.
The staff certainly make this a very special place. We would particularly like to thank Carmen, Frances, Matilda, Candice, Krista, Trevor, Simon, Tony, Stephen and the lovely Ranford who all went that extra mile to make our stay so relaxing.
We did the sunset cruise and would definitely recommend it. Chris and Blue Boy were brilliant and the personal treatment they gave us made it an extra special occasion, one of the best boating experiences we have done on many visits to the Caribbean.
Our room was a very high standard and spotlessly clean. There is always plenty of choice in the buffet restaurant and The Trysting Place is a must with excellent food and ambiance.
You may choose to be private as many couples do or meet new and interesting people as we did, the perfect place for this is pre dinner drinks in the champagne bar.
We would certainly recommend The Rendevous if you are looking for a couples resort with plenty of pampering and personal attention.

Room Tip: Beachside cottages are amazing and very private
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Rendezvous Resort? Share your experiences!