This is a well presented hotel that is ideally situated on the beach with great accomodation. The vast majority of staff are excellent, always helpful, pleasant and clearly dedicated to their jobs. The restaurants provide excellent food, with wide and varied menus that never disappoint. The facilities in the hotel are excellent, with a gym, TV lounge, archery, several pools and much more. There are a couple of bars, although we found the beach bar service rather inconsistent. Our holiday was unfortunately ruined by the ignorant and racist security staff employed by the hotel. I am white and my wife is black and clearly these ignorant security staff with their small and racist minds must have considered that I had 'brought' my wife into the hotel and consistently challenged us as we walked around the hotel and on the beach. They were rude, constantly banning us from walking along the beach and were persistent in their condemnation of my wife. Bearing in mind my wife is an accademic who owns and runs several successful businesses, the small minded attitudes of these ignorant security staff was a shock. Other guests witnessed their disgusting behaviour and commented to us how shocked they were too. We complained several times to the hotel and they apologised. As we sat on our first class BA filghts back to London we could see the funny side of this ignorant and unnaceptable behaviour but found it a sad reflection on St Lucian society. We are well travelled, staying in some of the best hotels and we have never experienced such dispicable behaviour in any other country.
More generally it was disappointing that smoking was permitted in the covered parts of the hotel, albeit generally restricted to the edges. It is also worth noting that the hotel is next to a regional airport where light aircraft flights fun from about 06:00 to 20:00 most days. The aircraft noise was not particularly intrusive though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel For Couples. Rendezvous is the only all-inclusive boutique resort in the Caribbean nestled in a tropical garden on a 2-mile stretch of beach, designed for couples who want to spend quality time together in an atmosphere of personalized care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries