We’ve just returned home after another excellent stay at The Rendezvous.
We had a top floor garden view room that also gave us views of the sea. It wasn't big, but had had been tastefully refurbished and was very private, which we like.
Without wishing to repeat all the things we’ve said before, we’ll make an exception to state that the staff members are excellent. The hotel picks the right people and they tend to stay; staff turnover is very low, apparently. It was good to see the friendly familiar faces in the bar and restaurants – such as Trevor, Michaela and Eric. And also as usual, there were like-minded guests whose company we enjoyed.
We love the lush, tropical grounds – so close to the city of Castries. The evening frog chorus from the undergrowth was as loud as ever.
I had quite a few scuba dives with Luigi and Lincoln, which were always good fun. You don’t always see a lot of marine life in the inclusive dives, but the Marine park 2 tank dives are recommended. The dive team is sometimes put in an awkward spot by guests: such as the very inconsiderate couple who persistently turned up late so the rest of us had to wait for them to saunter in and get ready. On one occasion we waited for them to finish a leisurely lunch and as a result left so late that the rest of us couldn’t get back in time for ours – as we’d planned. We weren’t pleased. If they haven’t the courtesy to turn up in time – tough luck, said the rest of us.
The food was good and the Trysting Place restaurant was up to its usual very high standard. The presentation and quality of meals was superb. The hotel tries to make the a la carte evenings a quality experience. Most people follow the dress code – but (a second gripe) you get some who turn up like they’ve just left the beach (usually turned away), or the man who padded around at dinner in bare feet. Most people we spoke to were all for enforcing the dress code. Otherwise, it’s a slippery slope.
We enjoyed morning walks along the beach, and spoke to many friendly locals. We note that the hotel discourages people from walking on the quieter beach to the right as you face the sea: and when we went a security guard followed us. But all was quiet.
I failed to complete my usual daily hikes to the Vigie lighthouse as I was discouraged by the sight and sound of huge dogs roaming loose on the approach road. I was assured ‘they won’t attack you’ – but they are Rottweiler types and discretion trumped my valour. A disappointment. The hotel does walking tours there and they seem to go OK though.
Summary: Great hotel, really good fun and, in our opinion, excellent value for a quality experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel For Couples. Rendezvous is the only all-inclusive boutique resort in the Caribbean nestled in a tropical garden on a 2-mile stretch of beach, designed for couples who want to spend quality time together in an atmosphere of personalized care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Regatta Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, Priceline, Odigeo, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries