Service was fun and friendly, but slow as everywhere else on the island. Sometimes would almost be finished eating before they would even bring us drinks or fill our water. This was with multiple small trips to the buffet too, so not like we ate one plate and left. The recreation staff and water sports staff were incredible. They definitely went out of their way to make sure you enjoyed the activity.
The room was nice and clean. The bathroom had a real door which is becoming rare with this new open air trend going on. Lots of natural light in the room and bathroom. Bed and pillows were really comfortable. Mini fridge is in the room, but is basically useless except if you want to get creamer from the bar to use for in room coffee. They do give you ice and a carafe of filtered water everyday. The balcony had a sort of daybed and hammock (only one could be used at a time). Very nice place to wait out a rain or while waiting on your spouse to get ready.
The rooms are not quiet. The waves are a soothing constant, but the birds during the day, maid service in the morning and and the tree frogs at night. These are especially bad because the front door is basically a screen so their sound comes right in.
The buffet food was better than most. Ingredients seemed fresh and were constantly refilled and kept at a good temperature. There was always several made to order options which were nice. Food seemed to be more geared for those from the UK, since that is their main client base. They also have the trysting place to eat that is by reservation only, but still included. I highly recommend going at least once and have reviewed it more in depth under its own category.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel For Couples. Rendezvous is the only all-inclusive boutique resort in the Caribbean nestled in a tropical garden on a 2-mile stretch of beach, designed for couples who want to spend quality time together in an atmosphere of personalized care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries