I have just read 'LaurenInThailand's' review and thought I had written it! :) The only difference is that my husband & I stayed in a Verandah room (upgraded by booking through Kuoni) - room 215, which was large with a great balcony and decorated in a typically Carribean style. We made good friends with Ann & Fred who stayed in a renovated garden room which was smaller but nicely decorated and had a new bathroom. Either would be fine in my opinion.
In addition to Lauren's comments:
1) we enjoyed the champagne bar tastings between 7 & 8pm each evening.
2) we preferred the beach over to the right when facing the sea as it was much quieter and no deep shelf walking into the sea, as per the other side of the beach.
3) the A La Carte Trysting restaurant (included in the all inclusive deal but need to book in advance) made a nice change from the other restaurant which was also excellent.
4) I treated my husband to the arrival helicopter transfer for his birthday, which was amazing and highly recommended. Very nice after an 8 hr flight from the UK and we were able to see the rain forest, Pitons, banana plantations etc.
5) The staff were all lovely and welcoming and made a fuss of my husband at breakfast on his birthday with a bottle of bubbles and carafe of fruit juice for buck's fizz and they sang to him. At the Trysting that night, he was presented with a happy birthday chocolate pudding and they sang to him again. We thought this was all very kind but a couple of days later we returned to the room to find a belated happy birthday flower arrangement (beautiful lillies) and another bottle of bubbles. Very generous.
6) the evening entertainment staff were lovely, the dancing and fire-eating night was excellent
We have stayed at many of all-inclusive hotels and found the Rendezvous to be the most generous, they didn't seem to skimp on anything and were anything but mean.
The only couple of slight picky things I can say is that we feel that wearing dress-shorts in the evening to the open-air restaurant should be allowed for men as it is soooo warm there. Also, I thought the General Manager would be a little more visible, (not too much) but we only saw her at the Manager's cocktail evening very briefly. I understand that she allows her team to run the hotel, but a little presence sometimes and asking if we are enjoying our stay I think would go down well.
Well done Rendezvous - I am sure many people will enjoy your hotel as much as we did and we would love to come back once we have visited some other islands!
PS I am sure I could add more positive points, but need to get back to work, lol!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel For Couples. Rendezvous is the only all-inclusive boutique resort in the Caribbean nestled in a tropical garden on a 2-mile stretch of beach, designed for couples who want to spend quality time together in an atmosphere of personalized care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries