My husband and I just returned for a week in St. Lucia and Rendezvous Resort. We were greatly impressed by the beauty of the island and throughout the resort. The resort faces a very long beach, which can be walked in either direction for 30-45 minutes! We stayed in a Oceanview suite which was very spacious with a wonderful clawfoot style tub and separate shower. The room had its own outdoor seating area looking out at the beautiful beach.
We read many reviews about the food and were pleasantly surprised with the variety each night. Sadly, everything we read about the poor entertainment was not overstated: it was the worst we have encountered at any all inclusive.
If you do come to this resort, one tip I would share is to make sure you discover the "secret river" near the upper pool, a series of private hideaways with waterfalls and romantic seatings. The pool staff is exceptional, traveling around providing drinks and easy conversation.
In terms of activities, the watersport staff are excellent- always willing to provide instruction or take out equipment. In fact, both my husband and I learned to water ski on this trip!
The same recommendation can not be made of the dive shop. If you like to snorkel, this is not the resort for you. They only offer snorkeling 2 days a week (at a $45 fee a piece) and only if they get a min of 4.
For active couples, I would suggest researching the sister facility, BodyHoliday. Rendezvous members are able to use this facility for free but unlike other resorts, there is no shuttle. It cost $60 US round trip to take a taxi but we were very happy we did. They have free snorkeling off their beach, various restaurants and quite a large array of daily activities. In fact, BodyHoliday publishes a weekly brochure describing the activities and the wide array of spa treatments.
If you go to St. Lucia to relax at a beach resort, Rendezvous might accommodate your needs but if you are a more active couple, I would recommend BodyHoliday.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel
- Rendezvous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Resort All Inclusive
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel For Couples. Rendezvous is the only all-inclusive boutique resort in the Caribbean nestled in a tropical garden on a 2-mile stretch of beach, designed for couples who want to spend quality time together in an atmosphere of personalized care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.