I should probably start this review by stating that I would describe myself as very picky traveller when it comes to hotels, especially when it comes to service, food and rooms. I will cover all aspects for our fellow potential travellers, I will be honest about everything.
Arrival: first thing apon arriving we were handed some delicious local punch, just what is needed with the heat! All bags were delivered direct to our room immediately and check-in was super fast. One of the very few criticisms we had was that the gentleman who checked us in was rather pompous, he certainly didn't provide the happy relaxed intro that we had received by the other staff on arrival.
Room: we opted for a verandah suite which was perfect (room 223) lovely interior with large shower and even larger four poster bed. Plus the best aircon I've ever experienced! No cold chills at night!
The balcony was the biggest winner as it felt very private (I definitely suggest the first floor suits for privacy)
There is a fridge for you to store your own drinks in (not that you need this as drinks are free and plentiful all around the resort!) there is a small shop where you can buy supplies; chocolates, soft drinks, toiletries, bikinis...it has everything you could need!
Food: when you think all inclusive you assume there will be a reduction on quality- but not here! Food was wonderful, the buffet constantly changed keeping the taste buds going. Breakfast was wonderful - eggs were the best I've ever had and were made anyway you wanted.
Lunch had every course for every appetite and taste. Dinner ditto'd the lunch. You even get afternoon tea! (be prepared to put some weight on!)
There is also a fine dining restaurant called the "trysting place", make sure you book your tables at check in as it fills up fast. Food is French and very rich, but a nice change to the buffet on most other nights.
Service: in one word- excellent! (bar the check in man as noted above) the staff are extremely friendly, and very well trained. Nothing is too much to ask! This was probably the biggest selling point for us.
Pools: one deeper pool where their is a swim up bar. Great fun.
The spa pool for a gentle float, plus a hot jacuzzi!
My favourite though was the river pool. This has many hiding places for couples to escape the main pools. Despite the previous reviews which stated that this was not as clean as it should have been, this was not the case when we arrived, so it looks like the hotel takes criticism well.
activities: there are plenty! We were there to escape the rat race so didn't join in, but if you want some distractions from your book and sunbathing then there is plenty on offer to choose from.
All in all we didn't want to leave! I highly recommend it to couples looking to escape it all. It may be well used but it is well kept, feels like a home from home! A big plus being that it has one of the nicest beaches in St Lucia.
If any traveller reading this review would like to know more, I'd be delighted to provide further info on request. Having stayed here once I can't imagine staying anywhere else!
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel
- Rendezvous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Resort All Inclusive
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel For Couples. Rendezvous is the only all-inclusive boutique resort in the Caribbean nestled in a tropical garden on a 2-mile stretch of beach, designed for couples who want to spend quality time together in an atmosphere of personalized care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.