“Windjammer Landing I salute You.” 5 of 5 stars

Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Labrelotte Bay | Saint Lucia, Castries, St. Lucia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Sun Sparkly Beach Escape!
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Ottawa
“Windjammer Landing I salute You.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

June 21, 2006
N. Charles

I've travelled to many places and always thought, vacationing on the Resorts in Disney, Florida was heavenly, until I found Windjammer Landing in St. Lucia. I arrived when it was dark on January 2, 2006, so I didn't get to see my surroundings. I would also like you to know that, I found WindjammerLanding, the night before I flew into St.Lucia with the help of my daughter. I told her, to just book it, I really needed a place, I would stay the night and find something better the next day.What I experienced, when I woke up the next morning was simply beautiful. The view from my Villa was incredible and relaxing. I called the front desk to let them know that I would spend my vacation at this Resort. I spent my first week at Windjammer Landing, went to St. Vincent for a few days, and came back to Windjammer Landing to stay for about nine more days.

The service was the greatest. I ordered room service a few times and it was always prompt and delicious. They have a great team of friendly housekeeping staff - Thanks Matilda. My experience at dining on the resort, was always great. There is also the wonderful addition of having Ambassadors dedicated to checking on the guests almost daily, to see if they can assist you in anything that might make your stay more enjoyable - Thanks Dee. I enjoyed the resort shuttle service that took you around the resort anytime you needed it -24hrs service. The drivers are the best. I had the pleasure of spending time by the beach, and the view is incredible. I enjoyed this vacation the best, because I was able to enjoy it, at my own speed with peace, tranquilty and the dedicated team of Windjammer Landing. I enjoyed the Villa setup, because I always felt that I had lots of privacy. The bedroom, bathroom and living room are very spacious. There was also enough space to have a group over for drinks on the terrace.

I have recommended Windjammer Landing to all my family and friends in Ottawa, Canada. I can't stop singing the praises of this Jewel, I found in St. Lucia. I would stay at Windjammer again and again. I will definately be back soon. This was my best vacation ever! Windjammer Landing I salute You ! I would like to add, that the reason this Resort is the best in my book, it's because you have the best staff, they were the most friendly, willing and helpful staff, I've met in a long time. They were always ready to assist you in whatever you needed. Again, many thanks. Hope to see you soon!

• Stayed January 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2006

My wife and 2 children stayed at the Windjammer in a one bedroom villa (no plunge pool)
on June 10th. We had a pull out couch, which for an adult is uncomfortable but passable for children.This is considered the start of the rainy season, it would rain for 5 minutes then get 1 hour of sun , we were there a week and we had 3 days of straight sun. If you have kids between 4 and 10 yrs this is the place for you, mostly because this is a resort that has everthing a family needs. The kids club is adequate,but if your kids are the only ones there in can become boring for them. We went to pick up our kids and they didn't want to leave because they had made friends there.The water sports are very good, but be prepared to wait somtimes for motorized water sports. The house-keeping was right on. When we called for a shuttle to take us to the beach(which took sometimes 15 seconds to max 4 minutes) the maid was waiting to clean our room. The beach was cleaned every morning and beach chairs placed in line. The staff are very polite and there to help. All inclusive is good but compells you to drink and eat to much. Which is what we did. Food was usually quite good. No lines or waiting for reservations. The first two weeks of june are considered slow. Note: We are first time TIME-Share owners from Intrawest and this was a bonus week for us,we enjoyed it very much. The week we spent wasn't enough. Again I must say the staff and people of St Lucia are special.

• Stayed June 2006
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2006

My wife and I just returned from a week at the Windjammer Landing and we have a great time. The staff was awesome! We only left the resort once and that was to go on an island tour. The beaches were extremely clean and you can get serviced on the beach. Everything you need is right there on the resort. I recommend getting the All-Inclusive package, $100 per day. Meals can get expensive and a 10% gratuity fee and an 8% government tax is added to everything. All drinks are included in the pricing so a hundred dollars US can go pretty quickly. If you are not in an estate villa, I recommend taking plenty of mosquito repellent. The bathrooms have open areas cut into the wall so that you can see the ocean. And, the mosquitoes know it. They are definitely a new breed. Otherwise, everything else was great. Will definitely visit again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2006

We had the most amazing wedding/reception and rehearsal dinner at Windjammer. The food was awesome and Glenifer, the wedding coordinator was terrific. I didnt want a beach wedding. I wanted a formal outdoor wedding where the outdoor just happened to be St. Lucia. It was very classy. While "planning" it always seemed like I wasn't busy enough. Where is the stress that brides are supposed to go through? My biggest hassle was transporting the favors (glass) for 50 guests and that huge traditional wedding dress. I tell you they take care of everything. Just tell them what you want. Everything went off without a hitch.
The only drawback is waiting for the shuttle. I was late for my own rehearsal dinner. But with a little planning, you can get anywhere. It was wonderful. They blocked off the boardwalk section of the beach and had it all in lights. I even think the package was very reasonable. We booked through Elite resorts. We LOVED our villa which was more like an apt! Most of them were nice. I noticed some of our guests got "Flintstones" type of cave hotelrooms but they are the type of people where accomodations don't mean much.
The food, drinks were delicious at all of the restaurants. The beach is friendly to children and sports fanatics alike.

• Stayed April 2006
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2006

The previous reviews must be written by their marketing teams, as our vacation and many many other 'guests' endured the most awful time when there just last week. There were construction vehicles working solidly for two days moving earth etc from the bottom of the resort (directly behind the beach and pool) to the top. The noise elevation was inbiddable, and guests that were not informed of this in advance by management were outraged to wake up to this.

The staff are surly, resentful and overall unhelpful. the caribbean staff need to be trained by staff from the far east and indian ocean in order to understand good service which they clearly have no idea of.

The only machine of the whole resort that produces cappuccino and lattes was out of production for the month of May, perhaps even before that. Therefore only inedible maxwell house instant coffee was offered. Yuk! Despite the island being in mango season, it was not available as their 'supplier' had not been able to during our stay. Breakfasts were ordinary to say the least, birds not discouraged at all by lazy staff members, allowing the birds to feast on leftovers as guests ate at the next table...

Room service almost always wrong as the operator did not understand orders, resulting in food sent back delaying a group supposedly enjoying a meal together.

The accommodation is very very varied. The cheaper accommodation is hostel-based, very very basic, with no windows, bars instead allowing birds to fly in at any time, sometimes unable to get back out which can be frightening to children. No air conditioning in these living areas, only a fan, which injured a bird; not very pleasant.

The better accommodation is higher up the resort (hence the construction last week) building more villas for timeshare ownership. This ought to have been done when guests not there. The Hotel should have been closed down instead of the greed of the hotel owner.

Spa very basic and ordinary, without ventilation in the shower room. Shuttle transport consists of 8/10 seater vans almost falling apart, upholstery and carpets threadbare and unclean, and far too large to manouvre easily.

The only redeemable feature to this hotel was the view from the rooms/villas which is on to the ocean - incredibly beautiful; but one can get that from almost any hotel located near the beach... and I assure you there are better hotels, trust me. If you have high standards, do not waste your hard earned salary on this hovel, most importantly your week's vacation wondering why you didn't check this place out instead of reading biased reviews no doubt from staff promoting it themselves ....

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2006

Visited Windjammer Landing while attending the St Lucia Jazz Fest. The hotel is great. Open air lobby. Staff greets you with drinks upon arrival. Check-in was seamless. Took a shuttle to the villa. Villa was clean, a bit worn, but still nice. Spray for the mosquitoes.

Staff very friendly. St Lucians were all pretty accommodating.
Weather was perfect. Beach was nice, a bit small. No TV in the bedroom. Buffet breakfast wonderful. We were not all inclusive so we ate at quite a few restaurants at Rodney Bay sampling the local food.

Would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2005
Musselburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2006

We’re just back from two wonderful weeks at the Windjammer Landing and I’d like to share my impressions of the resort.

Resort Description
The resort is situated on the coast at Labrelotte Bay, between Rodney Bay and Castries; it is at least 1 mile from the main road. The resort is spread across a steep hillside, the reception, bar and most of the restaurants are on the lowest level, beside the beach. One restaurant (Papa Don’s) is situated further up the hill, as is the Serenity Spa and the smaller swimming pool.
The reception is open and airy and also houses the concierge desk where taxi’s, tours and activities can be organised.
On arrival, we were greeted with a cold towel and then presented with our room keys, safe key and towel tags for obtaining beach towels, a returnable deposit was taken for the latter two items. We were then briefed on where the restaurants were, how to book for them, where to get assistance etc then we were driven to our room in one of the resort shuttles.
Our room (140b) was at the northern end of the resort, just along the road from Papa Don’s. The accommodation consisted of a bedroom with a large twin / double bed (i.e. two single beds locked together with a foam sheet to bridge the gap), a dresser, built in wardrobe (with safe), fridge and coffee maker. Separate from the bedroom is the washroom with a door closing off the WC and shower which are constructed as a wet room (i.e. no shower curtain) The washbasin is located in an alcove with the hairdryer. The shower was powerful and provided plenty of hot water once a fault in ours was rectified.
The room was provided with air conditioning, ceiling fan, an iron and ironing board and a set of crockery and cutlery (including a corkscrew and wine glasses). There are several lamps but no ceiling light.
A glass door leads onto a patio formed from decking and contains a table and four chairs and two wooden loungers with another small table. The view from the patio looks out over a forest to a headland and the sea.
There are two swimming pools, the larger two level pool is beside the reception and bar, there is a shallow children’s area and a waterfall between levels. There is a smaller pool beside Papa Don’s restaurant. Both pools have space for sun beds and have tables with parasols; neither pool had any additional parasols for shelter from the sun. The majority of sun beds are located on the beach which curves round the bay, there is some shelter provided by trees along the beach.
The main bar for the complex is located at Jammers beside the swimming pool; there are seats on both sides of the bar and a small shaded area, which is used for entertainment at night. There are four restaurants at the same level, Jammers (informal, steaks and burgers), The Upper Deck (mainly seafood), Dragonfly (buffet breakfast and fine dining) and finally Embers barbecue that is open at lunch times (pizza and burgers) and for the weekly evening barbecue. The remaining restaurant is Papa Don’s (Mediterranean, pizza and pasta) which is located further up the hill.
The complex has a number of shops, a mini market selling groceries, wine and toiletries, two shops selling beach clothes and souvenirs and a jewellery store. There are two internet access points outside the mini market.
For us, the outstanding feature of the resort is the staff, we’ve never experienced a group of people more cheerfully helpful and attentive at any of the other resorts we’ve stayed in. They are a credit to St Lucia and the Windjammer Landing.

Construction work
Before we left for this holiday (May 2006) we were concerned about the impact of the construction work following the landslip. We weren’t sure where the work was or what stage it was now at, well, the landslip was right beside the reception, destroying the first two villas (below villa 39), the work is nowhere near complete, they are still doing heavy groundwork (trying to stabilise the slope) which entails lots of heavy lorries depositing large loads of rock. This is a noisy process so if you’re looking for a haven of tranquility for your holiday, then Windjammer Landing won’t meet your requirements. We didn’t allow the construction noise or heavy traffic to spoil our holiday, nor did we hear anyone else complaining about it while at the resort. The villas directly above the work were not being used while we were there. According to staff, the work will continue for at least another year.

Hills
As mentioned above, the whole resort is located on a hillside, the road up from the reception area is steep and then meanders through the resort with several steep sections. Some of the villas are a good distance from the reception so the resort shuttle is a welcome feature. The buses run frequently from the reception to wherever you want to go and can be requested from the reception if you don’t want to walk down the hill.

Mosquitos
Being a tropical island, St Lucia has its fair share of bugs, the resort has taken a number of measures to ensure visitors are not affected too much. There are mosquito nets and repellent vapourisers in the bedrooms as well as a can of bug spray provided. The grounds are also fogged regularily. These did not prevent us getting bitten and it was necessary to use personal repellents too. Several people at the resort were showing signs of having been badly bitten (some required treatment). The market sells repellents and bite treatments.

Timeshare
The resort has a large number of Resident’s Club villas (timeshare) and during the resort orientation session we were invited to attend their 90 minute presentation with a sweetner of discounted tours. There was no pressure to attend and we were never contacted again during our stay. We did see people being given the tour but never heard anything good or bad about their experiences.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!