My family and I just returned from a week at the Windjammer Landing Resort, and we are all very pleased with our time there. Our family consists of me, my wife and two daughters (ages 10 & 7).
In our search for a family friendly resort in the Caribbean, we found reviews that extolled the kid friendly activities and kid's club at the Windjammer. Based on this information and our curiosity about St. Lucia, we decided to book our vacation here, and I must say I do not think we could have made a better choice.
From the moment we arrived on the property, we were made to feel extremely welcome. The check-in process is highly personalized even to the point of having "Ambassadors" assigned to assist you with all of your needs. There are shuttles to assist you to your room, suite or villa and to assist you in moving about the property. The resort is built on the side of a mountain which is very reminiscent of the Mediterranean. In other words, there are some very steep hills to climb.
We reserved a "Hibiscus Suite," which included two bedrooms, two full baths, a fully equipped kitchen, hot tub, two balconies, and fronts the Caribbean for a beautiful sunset view every evening. I must say, waking early every morning to enjoy my coffee and watch the fishing boats go out was one of the highlights of my trip. I highly covet my morning time, and I can think of no better way to enjoy it.
As stated earlier, one of the reasons we chose this resort was the kid's club. They have activities planned for the kids each day and each evening. We utilized the club more in the evening. We would feed our children and drop them off at 6:30 pm. My wife and I would then enjoy a nice meal and drinks at one of the various restaurants available on the property. We would then retrieve them around 10 pm. They were always so excited about the activities and the other kids they got to play with. They also loved getting to meet children from other countries.
The restaurants were superb. They have five restaurants available, and we did not have a bad meal at any of them. We selected the all-inclusive option for our stay, and I am so glad we did. There are no restrictions on the amount of food or drink. All of the waitstaff were very accommodating and pleasant.
We also utilized the Tour Desk to book several outings. They were always very helpful and made wonderful recommendations. We chose the day sail that took us to the Sulphur Springs volcano, a waterfall, a chocolate plantation, and a snorkel opportunity. We also booked a horse riding excursion through the desk, which we all really loved. Not only do you get to ride horses on the beach, but you also get to swim with them in a beautiful cove on the Atlantic side of the island. Swim is an exaggeration because you actually ride them in the water. We went as deep as the withers on the horse.
All in all we had a glorious week at the Windjammer Landing, and my daughters are already planning our trip back next summer! We'll see!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries