“Great Time at the Windjammer!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
FAMILY TRAVEL
Ranked #4 of 17 hotels in Castries
Irmo, South Carolina
“Great Time at the Windjammer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My family and I just returned from a week at the Windjammer Landing Resort, and we are all very pleased with our time there. Our family consists of me, my wife and two daughters (ages 10 & 7).
In our search for a family friendly resort in the Caribbean, we found reviews that extolled the kid friendly activities and kid's club at the Windjammer. Based on this information and our curiosity about St. Lucia, we decided to book our vacation here, and I must say I do not think we could have made a better choice.

From the moment we arrived on the property, we were made to feel extremely welcome. The check-in process is highly personalized even to the point of having "Ambassadors" assigned to assist you with all of your needs. There are shuttles to assist you to your room, suite or villa and to assist you in moving about the property. The resort is built on the side of a mountain which is very reminiscent of the Mediterranean. In other words, there are some very steep hills to climb.

We reserved a "Hibiscus Suite," which included two bedrooms, two full baths, a fully equipped kitchen, hot tub, two balconies, and fronts the Caribbean for a beautiful sunset view every evening. I must say, waking early every morning to enjoy my coffee and watch the fishing boats go out was one of the highlights of my trip. I highly covet my morning time, and I can think of no better way to enjoy it.

As stated earlier, one of the reasons we chose this resort was the kid's club. They have activities planned for the kids each day and each evening. We utilized the club more in the evening. We would feed our children and drop them off at 6:30 pm. My wife and I would then enjoy a nice meal and drinks at one of the various restaurants available on the property. We would then retrieve them around 10 pm. They were always so excited about the activities and the other kids they got to play with. They also loved getting to meet children from other countries.

The restaurants were superb. They have five restaurants available, and we did not have a bad meal at any of them. We selected the all-inclusive option for our stay, and I am so glad we did. There are no restrictions on the amount of food or drink. All of the waitstaff were very accommodating and pleasant.

We also utilized the Tour Desk to book several outings. They were always very helpful and made wonderful recommendations. We chose the day sail that took us to the Sulphur Springs volcano, a waterfall, a chocolate plantation, and a snorkel opportunity. We also booked a horse riding excursion through the desk, which we all really loved. Not only do you get to ride horses on the beach, but you also get to swim with them in a beautiful cove on the Atlantic side of the island. Swim is an exaggeration because you actually ride them in the water. We went as deep as the withers on the horse.

All in all we had a glorious week at the Windjammer Landing, and my daughters are already planning our trip back next summer! We'll see!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear MinterSC

Thanks for your detailed review! I am absolutely thrilled that you and your family had such a great time at our Resort. Our Jacquot Kid's club do have wonderful activities for children so, I always happy when families have a wonderful time. Of course, it would be great to have you and your family back with us next summer; we look forward to welcoming you again!

Best wishes to you and your family,

1,480 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
New Forest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This was an amazing honeymoon! We are both in our fifties so wanted a really relaxing week away. Our room was lovely with a four poster bed, walk in closet, and sun terrace with sun loungers. All the villas are built into the side of the hill - Mediterranean style. Getting around is easy. You just phone 0 and ask for a shuttle and literally by the time you get out the door the shuttle is waiting for you. The staff are friendly and everyone says hello! The food is incredible! Lots of choices! We went all inclusive which is the way to go. You sign for your food and drinks as you go - it would have cost a lot of money if we hadn't have gone all-inclusive! The water sports were great fun. We took the Hobi cats out two or three times a day and also went water ski-ing. The snorkeling was great and the hotel organise to take you out in a boat which is US$5 but free on all inclusive. However, we enjoyed just snorkeling around the rocks in the bay in front of the hotel - we saw some amazing fish! I would definitely recommend this hotel. I feel it will appeal to all ages. We are saving up to take our kids and their partners there in 2015 - they are all in their 20's. We spent very little money whilst we were there. We paid US$25 each for a sailing lesson and that was the only thing added to our bill. So all in all we had an excellent honeymoon which didn't break the bank!
Would recommend Janus for the transfers and a day trip around the island.
Susie

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
East Haddam, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I have been married for just over 1 year and we always talk about how wonderful our trip was, so I wanted to review our trip. We were first greeted and checked in with a very nice manager who remember us as Mr and Mrs the rest of our 8 day stay there and always made a point to come over and say hello and ask us how everything was going. Our villa had a phenomenal ocean view and a pool. The villa was beautiful and extremely clean. This resort had excellent food and drinks- truly spectacular, especially for having the all inclusive option. The presentation of every meal was amazing. All of the frozen drinks were excellent. I cannot say enough good things about this resort. This was an unforgettable trip and we will be back! Very romantic, nice beach, plenty of chairs, great pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My now husband & I were married here in May with 19 of our family members & friends - it was perfect. Our wedding coordinator, Lynn, was SO awesome. She was super friendly, accomodating & clearly knew what she was doing. I can honestly say that we were completely stress free - we didn't worry about anything because we knew everything was in her capable hands. We were married on the beach & rented out Embers restaurant for our reception - everything was perfect & exceeded our expectations - the decorations & flowers were gorgeous, the food was great, our cake was beautiful. They even decorated the inside of my shuttle with draped white linen & flower petals for the 5 minute ride to the ceremony! They upgraded our room to a Hibiscus suite that overlooked the resort & ocean and decorated it with tons of flowers petals the night of our wedding. We were served an in-suite breakfast the next morning on our patio. The staff at the resort were congratulating us throughout the week, which was nice (makes you feel special haha). We also had two couples massages at the spa and the masseuse's were awesome - it felt like they had 4 hands. I would absolutely recommend getting married here - it's a beautiful, unique resort and Saint Lucia makes for an amazing backdrop! All of our guests really enjoyed it as well

The resort is so nice, I loved how it was a bit mediterranean inspired with white rooms and rooftop sundecks. It is very steep however since it's built up a hill but there is a 24 hour shuttle service. Since we were upgraded we were able to walk to our room as it was at the bottom of the resort but most of our guests were uphill. They mentioned that the shuttle service was great for the most part but there were a few times where it didn't arrive & had to call again. Two of our guests was stranded up at Look Out Point for almost an hour even though the shuttle was called multiple times by the security guard & by myself after receiving a text from my guests that they were stuck. There were also a few things that took a while to fix or were never fixed at all (a few rooms that were booked with two double beds instead received rooms that had one king bed, one room did not have a mosquito net & never ended up getting one - they had a baby with them and he ended up getting bit alot, we requested an upgrade/different room for my maid of honor as her bed was extremely squeaky & would wake her up and never heard back from anyone even after we asked multiple people, multiple times. We were always told they were "working on it" and eventually we just gave up). All of us also did not have receive "ambassador". I'd say the shuttle issues and the few times we had to chase or remind the staff multiple times for requests were the only negative things about the resort.

We had the all-inclusive package and the food was fantastic, we ate at all the restaurants and they were very good. Especially Upper Deck (the steak was amazing!) and Papa Don's. Drinks were great and premium alcohol was included. Although sometimes you had to wait a long time to be served at the bar and then another long wait for your drink. We also loved how the watersports were included in the all-inclusive package as well - Big Mama is a blast and the snorkeling was fun. We didn't try any other sports but some of our guests did. We took one excursion which was a boat ride to the waterfalls in Soufriere, then to the sulpher park & volcano, then a tour/lunch at the cocoa plantation, went back to the boat and stopped for snorkelling halfway back to the resort. I would recommend this excursion, it was alot of fun. The beach is great, it was never full and you could always find a seat & towels were plentiful. The pools were clean and again, never full. I think alot of people at the resort were timeshare owners so they go and do their own thing off the resort which is great because it never felt busy or crowded. The majority of the staff at the resort were really nice and friendly - I wish I could remember all of their names so I could give a shout out! The staff at our reception (the cooks, waiters & bartenders) were great, huge thanks to them. Also my husband surprised me with a private dinner in the gazebo at the end of the beach, it was beautifully decorated and we had our own waiter (thanks Bernard!) - big thanks to Nick for organizing that!

I would recommend this resort - especially if you are getting married. Having Lynn alone plan your wedding is worth it! I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding day, it was perfect. Aside from a few hiccups with the resort all in all we had an amazing time and would love to come back, maybe for an anniversary!

Melody & Trevor
Canada

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We decided on St. Lucia and Windjammer Landing for our 10 year anniversary trip in June 2014. This was our first trip away from our children and wanted something relaxing. Windjammer Landing met all our expectations and beyond. Upon arrival of the resort you are greeted with excellent hospitality and a complimentary drink. We were then escorted up to our Ocean view room with private sundeck. The room was very clean and spacious. We chose the all inclusive plan and it was worth every penny for us. All meals were delicious at all restaurants and the service in the bar or restaurants were exceptional. The pools and beach were beautiful and we could always find a spot to sit wherever we wanted no matter what time of day it was. We scheduled a day sail trip with Windjammer and it was so easy to schedule and was one of the best days of our lives. The activities that the resort provides are so easy to get to and use. We went on the snorkeling trips every day. This is an amazing resort and we did enjoy a wonderful couples trip. However, there were so many things to do as a family as well and we hope to take our kids back there some day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

A perfect holiday!. Everything you need for a gorgeous holiday. The staff could not be more helpful or friendly,( especially Stacy!!) Definitely recommend and hopefully return soon.
Free watersports and snorkeling trips every day are a must!!

Room Tip: They all have a beautiful view and are soooo relaxing!!!