We had visited St Lucia 24 years earlier and had looked on at the Windjammer Landings Resort from a distance thinking that we must visit there some day. Well we got around to it at last and we were not disappointed.
The resort looks spectacular from a distance with the villas built into the palm tree lined hills. Close up it looks even better.
As other reviewers have mentioned, one of the standout elements of this resort is the staff. They are incredible. Always smiling. Always willing to help. The genuinely look like they enjoy their work and that comes over in the way that they interact with the customers.
We stayed for 10 days on an all inclusive deal which was great value for money. I'm not a fan of all inclusive but with 5 restaurants to choose from it reduced the chances of being bored with the same old fair, day in day out. The food was generally very good but from a purely personal perspective I found the food in the evenings to be somewhat underwhelming. The evening menus were designed to be more expensive than the day time menus but really didn't hit the mark for me. Had I not been on all inclusive I might have been a little concerned as to whether I was really getting value for money with a number of the main meals that I had. On the bright side the breakfast buffet served in the Dragonfly was awesome as were the Caribbean and Texas BBQ buffets. Lunch times at both Jammers and Embers were really, really good. Excellent food at the right price band and fantastic service from the likes of Oswaldine and Giselle.
The beach is a great place just to relax and do nothing. Plenty of sunbeds, beach towels and cocktails on tap just a few yards away. .
Our room was lovely. It has a certain dated feeling that somehow makes it better than if it were modern, shiny and new. The hills up and down to these villas are without doubt a challenge but the shuttle buses always seemed to be on hand when required so not a problem.
All in all we loved this resort and it will definitely be on our shortlist when considering our next vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries