“Favorite vacation spot” 5 of 5 stars

Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Labrelotte Bay | Saint Lucia, Castries, St. Lucia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Sun Sparkly Beach Escape!
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Favorite vacation spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We found Windjammer Landing about 4 years ago through a travel agent when we were looking for a Family Spring Break option for our 19 year old. All 3 of us fell in love immediately with the island and the people. We were warmly welcomed by the staff as if we had already been friends. Our accommodations were wonderful and our view of the St Lucia sunsets couldn't have been better.

Although we have NEVER considered a "time share" option, we were curious about their Private Residence Club. Needless to say, we purchased a week in the Hibiscus Suite which we will enjoy for many years. At this point we have been there 5 times and have never been disappointed. We are always greeted by the staff with a smile and a "welcome back". We have met wonderful friends over the years that are also "repeaters".

There are lots of options to explore the island by sea, jeep or taxi. For those that wish to just remain in the resort, there are water sports, a spa, pools, daily activities and a wonderful beach. Likewise, the resort has 5 dining options but there are also many fabulous restaurants off site. They also have a kids club for children over the age of 4 or a nanny service for those that are younger.

Many units have full kitchens, washer and dryers and private pools. Every unit we have stayed in comes with an amazing view.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jacqueline J, French Market Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Greeting from all of us at Windjammer Landing Amy R!
Thank you for your good review. It is great to know that you have been here 5 times...thank you so much for that! Windjammer is now your home away from home! All the best to you and your family and we hope you visit for the 6th time when you can.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

RCI trade to Windjammer. Alot of points, but it worked out well. Incredible Vista from the Suite, as well as a good sized private pool. Which is great, because you want to be comfortable in your suite...the trip up and down the mountain requires a shuttle (unless you are doing the climb as a workout). We were very happy to be stuck up at the suite. We had a 3 bedroom which was almost too big. The covered patio overlooking the ocean was magnificent (ask for Unit 407).
Food is expensive but good. The all inclusive is expensive, and if you aren't hard core drinkers, is tough to capitalize on. I'd suggest giving it a 3 day run of all -inclusive (the minimum you can do) and pick 3 days that you are going to stay on site, eat all your meals (with dinners at Upper Deck), do your water sports, and let the kids order all the virgin pina's they want. (ordering the breakfast as room service-omelettes- is a great idea with these units). Then take a break from gorging yourself and eat in the room mostly after that and take a day trip. The Jammer Day sail is good value. The Tram and Zip line too.
Caution...if your main goal for your vacation is to take long beach walks...then this isn't for you. The beach is small and the water not all that clear. But its still nice and sandy and there is a lot else going on...its always trade-offs.
Compared to alot of resorts we have been to, the management here really seem to be trying hard to please the guests...and they are getting buy-in from the staff...which is where it really shows. They are all helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jacqueline J, French Market Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear HomerToronto

Thank you for your kind review. I am sure that you had a relaxing time and took advantage of our awesome views.

Wishing you all the best,
Saint Ignace, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

As I sit here on our last day staring out at the beautiful vista I am in awe of the beauty the island holds. Windjammer is set on a georgeous cliff side and the views are amazing. Our villa has a small private plunge pool and we found that we stayed here most of the week and enjoyed our solitude. As other reviewers wrote the cost of food is high but it is high all over the island and I am aware that things need to be shipped in resulting in the high cost so not an issue.
The nice points of the resort are complimentary water sports, views, friendly staff, complimentary shuttle to villas which are a must. Most people did not tip the shuttle driver though we did.
Now for the bad, we booked for 8 days so as to be here for my birthday which is our last day. As we returned to our room last evening there had been a note slid under our door stating they we would need to move rooms and have our things packed and ready by 11 a.m. In the morning. I called to inquire about the move as we were not notified at check in that this would be necessary. I was informed that the owner of the time share would be arriving this day so it was necessary for us to move. I do not have an issue with this at all. I do however, have issue with the fact that between the hours of 11a.m. and 3 p.m. we were being displaced. They refused to check us in until 3 as that is their policy. Really?? I am already a registered guest and should not have to be displaced for 4 hours on the last day of my vacation. We were planning on spending a nice relaxing day enjoying a drink on my birthday. I have been a hotel owner myself for 23 years and have had to move guest on many occasions but would never ask them to move BEFORE their new room was ready!
WINDJAMMER NEEDS TO REVIEW THEIR POLICY AND ACCOMADATE THE GUEST A LITTLE BETTER!
I have never written a review before because being a hotel owner myself I always read them with an open mind as I know working with the public is very trying at times but I do feel this is an unacceptable practice!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed for a week and had the most amazing time. Couples and families alike, everyone seemed to be having fun. The beach is lovely, the restaurants (especially Upper Deck) had wonderful food. Jammers is the place to have pre/post dinner drinks or for lunch. We already miss Jeff, Jimmy and Travis - Fantastic bar staff!
Go to the Market in Castries on Saturday and have lunch at one of the small vendors just off the market. Friday night street party is Gros Islet is fun. Lots of choices for day trips right from the resort. The Martinique day trip may not be for anyone who might get a little sea sick as it was quite a choppy 90 min trip.
We were asked if we wanted to participate in a 90 min presentation for the property share program, which we politely declined but were called in the morning a few days later to be asked again. That was my only complaint as we were there to relax and not worry about declining sales pitches.
Overall we had a great time, the weather was beautiful, the resort is wonderful. I wish we were still there *sigh*

Room Tip: If you can, get the lower villas closer to the beach.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We're happy that you had an amazing time... please come again! We have a saying here which says, "if it's nice do it twice"! Thank you so much for your review travelbuggirlie.

Kind regards,
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We visited the Windjammer first in 2012 to 'scout' locations to get married in St Lucia, and after having spent a fortnight there in November 2013, we were glad that we made the choice we did.
Firstly, I have to say a huge thanks to Melanie & her team who took all of the strain out of organising the event. Even though we were a Plan B wedding (too much rainfall over night for the garden venue & a cheeky shower 20 minutes before the designated hour) no-one in our party was aware of any issues, and everyone who came with us said it was one of the most relaxed & fun weddings they had ever attended. So thank you Mel!
We traveled as a mixed group, some couples, some families with small children and notwithstanding this, everyone had a great time. The resort is not so small that you are on top of each other all of the time - there are 3 public pools, as well as the beach & water sports areas, and 5 choices of restaurant - so quite easy to escape! The All Inclusive package is really good value if 1) you like cocktails & 2) you want to try all of the watersports. The alcohol is all well known brands, and the daily cocktail creations are equally wonderful & lethal! There is no limit on the number of times you can go out with the water skis etc., - all you need to do is sign up & be there on time. But by far the best for us was the food. This is not a resort where you turn up for each meal & fight for food with dozens of others at a buffet - it is cooked to order & is really good quality. The down side of this can be that you end up waiting for things for a while - my husband wanted mustard for his meal & it actually took 20 minutes & several reminders before it arrived. Of course the food was cold by then & he was in a stinking mood - but if something like this once or twice a week is the worst gripe you can make, I think it's a sign of a fairly fabulous holiday.
There were plenty of children's activities whilst we were there, my niece won the pumpkin decorating competition & guests were duly terrorised by very effusive trick or treaters one night. Having said that, we never found that the children's activities imposed on the grown up time/venues.
Biggest negative I can really come up with is the accommodation. Whilst we were happy enough with our room, the bathroom in our villa was very much in need of renovation. My sister described hers as a prison toilet! I know there is a lot of refurbishment going on, so perhaps our rooms were next on the list, but in all honesty, we spent next to no time in the room - so who cares? Why sit indoors when you have the most beautiful views, locations and choice venues for food and entertainment at your feet?
Thank you Windjammer for making it a memorable holiday for us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Jacqueline J, French Market Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Congratulations LouiseNE!. It is wonderful and very pleasing to know that you had a memorable holiday and everyone including the children had a good time! I will convey your thanks to Melanie and her team. Regards and best wishes for the future to you and your husband.
Castries, St. Lucia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

For a family the likes water sports there is no better place. We have a 14,10, and 2 yr old. All enjoyed. Our only complaint would be the SLOW bar service and restaurant service at jammers. The upper deck and papa dons has much better service. Despite this it was an awesome stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jacqueline J, French Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear dfassett; We are indeed happy that you had a great time with your family. Thank you so much for your review. Best regards,
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have stayed at hotels in numerous locations (only some of which I have reviewed here) and this is one of only two to which I would return. This may be lengthy but stay with it. Location: maybe 15 mins by car from Castries on the North West of the island. Castries is tiny and has nothing but a market. The hotel runs a free shuttle service leaving at 10, if you hire a cab they will charge you between 18 and 20 quid which is serious money in St Lucia. There is a duty free shopping arcade for the cruise ships where the rum is twice the price of that charged in the nearest supermarket! Took us 2 hours from airport to hotel by the way, some posts mention a 50 min trip:complete tosh. Hotel: situated on the beach on the face of a bloody mountain (exaggeration but St Lucia is very mountainous). This complex covers a large area and the roads, paths, whatever are steep. Having said that, the hotel runs shuttles to your room and back to the facilities on request.We had a bog standard room which was not the biggest but had an enormous shower and a nice view from the balcony. Sound conditioning is not good though so expect to hear the neighbors chatting on their balcony when lying in bed and their TV when they have stopped talking and retired. food is very, very good. Caribbean hotels seem to operate a booking system and menus as opposed to the buffet system which operates in Indian Ocean resorts. We did not try Pap Dons which serves pizza and pasta and the beach restaurant; Embers was ok but nothing special. The other restaurants consist of Jammers which does not require a booking and was pretty good, Dragonfly which was very nice and The Upper Deck which was excellent. Advice for what it is worth; book into The Upper Deck every night they are open until you are bored and do try the Entrecote steak in pepper sauce. I don't really eat steak but this was fabulous, as good as the fine dining restaurant at the Maritim in Mauritius and unlike there it was included in the all inclusive booking. Eat the fish of the day as often as possible and if you can't manage The Upper Deck; eat at the dragonfly.As you are probably losing the will to live at the is point I will wrap it all up. Wonderful resort, especially for the Caribbean. Take the Wet and Wild Trip through the travel reps; best day out you will have, but only do it if you have a confident driver. I have been driving for years and I was scared shitless!!!! although the other attractions on the trip made up for it as dd the flying fish and dolphins we saw. Last advice; don't take sterling. We did and it was a bad call. Take ECD/XCD or US as many prices are quoted in US. Anything I can help with let me know but if you want an idea as to how good this place is; I want to go back tomorrow!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline J, French Market Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear wombatski; Many thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted that you love our wonderful Resort. Please do try to return one day to try Papa Don's restaurant. Kind regards,

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!