"Welcome to Paradise" was the phrase we heard every morning when we secured our spot on the beach. It was true, St. Lucia is paradise.
My wife and I spent our honeymoon at the Windjammer Landing upon the recommendation from a friend. We were not disappointed. From the rum punch at check-in to the day sail down the coast line, our honeymoon was memorable and worth every dollar spent.
The staff was friendly and attentive to our requests. We visited every restaurant on the resort at least once and were never disappointed. The WJL's cocktail menu includes fun, tropical drinks with fresh island ingredients. The local Piton beer is was excellent.
Our villa was clean and in order upon arrival and the room was turned early everyday. The housekeeping staff helped up snag a few mangoes off the trees outside our villa.
The only down-sides to the WJL (which are beyond the resort's control) are the distance from the main airport (45-50 min.) and hills/mountains that make up the resort's landscape. These do not deter me from giving it a 5 rating, however.
The resort picked my wife and I up at the airport and we had our own personal cab driver bring us to the WJL. We weren't in a crowded bus with other guests trying to check-in at the same.
The mountains add to the mystique of the resort and the staff does a good job with their shuttle service to/from your villa. If you have trouble walking/navigating hills, stairs, etc. then you should request a room or villa close to the epicenter of the resort.
All in all, we were beyond satisfied and plan to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Regatta Hotels, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries