“Another great stay at WJL” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FAMILY TRAVEL
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Lethbridge, Canada
“Another great stay at WJL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed in a 2 bedroom estate villa with plunge pool. We really enjoy this resort. We just returned from a month long vacation. The staff are very friendly and we can't say enough about the views and overall ambience of the resort. We requested our normal house cleaning lady (Lisa). She is a very wonderful person and does a fantastic job (thanks Lisa) as well as Jessica in the timeshare sales (yes it wasn't hard to sell us some more time! lol). Thanks Jessica for all the work you have done for us!!! We hope you enjoy the gifts. We are returning in the spring for another month and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this resort too any of our friends or family!! Awesome, relaxing and amazing. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We just returned from honeymooning at the Windjammer. Overall, we had a great experience. The staff was very friendly, and the grounds were amazingly beautiful. We originally reserved a premium ocean view room, and it was beautiful upon arrival. But, we noticed a small drip from one of the beams in the room (and I mean small, but big enough it was going to create a puddle eventually), so we informed the front desk, thinking they would want to know to fix it for us. Instead, they immediately changed our room (with our permission), and we got to stay in a one-bedroom villa. It was amazing! The view from our balcony (which is probably the same view for about every room) was so beautiful. I spent more time there than any other place.

It is true that some rooms are quite a hike from the reception area/main pool/beach, but we just chalked it up to our daily exercise. When we did use the shuttles to/from our room, they came very quickly, so I don't think it would have been too inconvenient to use every time.

The beach wasn't huge (and I have no idea what kind of capacity the Windjammer was at while we were there), but we had no trouble finding shaded loungers each day we went to the beach. There always seemed to be plenty. We actually spent one afternoon at the upper pool closer to our room, and we had it to ourselves.

The main reason I have four instead of five dots/stars, is the food. Although all of our meals were pretty good, none of them were great. I know that's how it goes with resorts that have the AI option, so we expected it. The main courses always were good portions, but the appetizers we noticed were clearly not meant for sharing. Every app we got, we were disappointed at the portion size (again, I think this is a product of AI). We only got dessert one night, and it was good and a good portion, even for sharing.

As for the restaurants... we ate at Jammers twice, Upper Deck and Papa Don's once. I think Papa Don's was probably our favorite. Jammers was good both times. I got the daily catch both times (mahi and kingfish), and my husband got the steak once. We're from the midwest, so our steak standards are probably pretty high compared to most. He thought it was fine, but nothing special. I thought the best part of my meal was the salsa. Delicious. Seriously delicious. The fish was very good as well. I think we were a little disappointed with the Upper Deck, but only because we expected it to be more upscale and a higher quality than Jammers. They share a kitchen, so we should have realized the food was going to be pretty much the same. We only ate at the Dragonfly for breakfast on our last day. I had no complaints, but my husband did note the pancakes/syrup/something was off.

I feel like I've railed on the food a little bit here, so please don't misinterpret, we had a wonderful stay. The ONLY hesitation I would have about going back to Windjammer if we returned to St. Lucia would be whether or not we wanted to stay on that part of the island again. Otherwise, I really would recommend it!

Room Tip: As I stated in my review - the one bedroom villa was perfect for us (one couple). We were not AI, s...
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My daughter was married at the end of September, and this was the location she and her now-husband chose for their wedding.

From the moment we arrived, I realized this was going to be a very special trip -- the property was absolutely gorgeous, there were no bad views to be found, and the staff was so attentive and kind. (And don't get me started on the rum punch that was handed to me upon arrival...oh my that was good!)

Our room was compact, but not overly small, very efficiently laid out, and very clean. We had a lovely sea view from the front balcony, and the grounds were expertly maintained. But you don't come to the Caribbean to spend time in your room!

The restaurants are fantastic -- we spent a lot of time at Jammers, the more casual seaside bar, but also had a lovely dinner at Papa Don's, a less casual (but not formal or stuffy) restaurant further up the hill.

The wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner were efficiently facilitated by the attentive staff, and the wedding itself, and the reception, came off without a single glitch -- I would absolutely recommend this resort to anyone who's thinking of a destination wedding.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time for activities or the spa -- but that gives me even more reason to go again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

It was a short stay, but the room with the view was beautiful. The lighting, the bed with the mosquito net, the bathroom, the separate dressing room and the private deck upstairs were all very tastefully decorated. The food and service at the Upper Deck was very good and the live music from the bar very pleasant. Drinks were well made at the bar and The Dragonfly Restaurant where we had breakfast was nice, the apple juice was fresh and delicious. The beach was nice and the water very clear. Definitely worth a second visit. The staff and ambassador were very nice and the hotel's permanent residents - the cats - were friendly! The wi-fi was a little challenging.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
colchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Attractive villas in a lovely setting with lots of entertainment and things to do.good regular crowd. Timeshare vailable. Getting a little tired in some places and expanding. Have seen better beaches as this one is manufactured, but is pleasant

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was my first out of country experience. From the time I reached the resort I was met with top notch customer service. The cool, scented towel, rum punch and smiles were a sure sign I would return. I was traveling with two friends and after receiving the towel she said this will be an annual event. Spa services are addicting. The women who provide services are friendly, fun, and professional. Their skills are beyond perfect. Our shuttle drivers were awesome and we even watched some play football(soccer). Our taxi driver, Martinus treated us like family and ALWAYS ensured our safety. Water sports was awesome! Our first pool person, Dwight, was also a great snorkeling companion. Not only did he provide pristine pool service but he was patient with the fearful first timers in the water. The street party was entertaining and the Windjammer staff in attendance continued to both ensure safety and a great time. The villa was MAGNIFICANT! It was perfect even in the rain. The view was breath taking. I recommend this resort to anyone mature enough to experience real paradise. The only drawback is leaving. You won't want to. MUCH APPRECIATION TO EVERYONE!!!!

Room Tip: Villas on the A road provide privacy and are high enough up but not too high. You can also walk to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is our first trip to Windjammer Landings and we are currently here. We spent a great deal of time researching St. Lucia and chose the Windjammer Landings because of the many positive reviews. The people here are lovely and very courteous and our room is very nice. It appears to be recently updated, nicely furnished, sparkling tile bath and the sea view is magnificent. So far we have eaten in two of the restaurants....The Upper Deck....great food and service, charming atmosphere. The second restaurant was in The Dragonfly Restaurant during a Caribbean buffet night... Not so great. The food was fine but there's no a/c on the outer deck and the heat was just oppressive which made us so uncomfortable. Again the servers tried their best to be accommodating. With all that said, I must mention the construction that is currently taking place right now. The hotel is expanding and the noise from the heavy equipment running constantly is less than pleasant. Additionally, one of the pools is closed for maintenance and an underground pipe has broken and is also under repair. But sadly we were disappointed that the sea water is so murky "due to the rain" that you can't even see your feet. Very unusual for the Caribbean Sea. Some issues also currently going on with the internet service in the rooms.....so I hope this gets published. All in all though we have enjoyed our stay and would consider coming back when the new construction is complete. By the way, the cats don't bother us at all and are never intrusive.

Room Tip: The rooms are located on a hillside but the hotel provides a shuttle which makes room accessibility...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!