We were three couples staying in villa 407. The villa was beautiful! The breezeway connecting the kitchen to the bilevel living and sleeping area was a wonderful place to spend time together whether around the private pool, sharing a meal, or enjoying the breathtaking view! We split our seven night stay between fending for ourselves and going all inclusive. We used the "fending for ourself" days to do a couple of offsite excursions. The best day was a private day sail with Bateau Mygo--which I did review! We hired a driver for the rum tour and some shopping in Castries.
Our driver was arranged through Windjammer (Paradise Taxi). His name is Stevenson Auguste. He was Great! A very pleasant man and an excellent driver! He picked us up from the airport, took us for one excursion, and took us to Soufriere, where we stayed our last night in St. Lucia. On the way to Windjammer he pointed out points of interest, stopped at scenic overlooks, and stopped at Super J (where we shopped for an hour+). He was patient to allow us all the time we wanted when shopping and doing the rum tour! We had told him that we wanted to see a few sites on the way to Soufriere. He took us to the volcano and Diamond Botanical Gardens. I can not say enough good things about Stevenson!
We did some snorkeling in front of the resort and the fish were interesting. We took the free water sports boat to snorkel, and did the $5pp trip once. Both were enjoyable! Our guide was named Romanus. He was great! He found a seahorse for us to hold. He found an octopus; he nudged it, but it wouldn't budge:(
Having stayed at AIs in Mexico,we all agreed that the $150 AI is pricey! We found that the food was good, but the service was very slow. The beach bar made a great drink, but I'm not sure what it was called--Windjammer Gold--maybe. Just ask for their best rum drink.
Gemar, at the tours desk arranged our day sail. She is a sweetheart!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries