“Another little piece of paradise!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Beyond Extraordinary Sale
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Castries
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lethbridge, Canada
“Another little piece of paradise!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife & I stayed here for two weeks with our two children in a 2 bedroom estate villa. The resort is amazing!! The staff was great and if you like privacy, this is the place. I will say that the resort cold use a makeover with certain things but from my understanding they are in the process of doing just that!! The spa is in need of a makeover!! I had read a lot of the reviews (good and bad) about the resort and must say, if you are thinking of staying at the WJL that you won't be disappointed. We liked the place so much that we bought a timeshare there (thanks Jessica for all of your help!). We have travelled to St Lucia before and stayed at "The Landings" which we also liked but found Windjammer more enjoyable. The views from the villas are amazing overlooking the Carribean Sea. I think that there are some people that just expect way too much when on holidays, and write negative reviews about the stupidest things like "it costs so much for a cab ride!"...not anymore than any other place I have stayed or "things are so expensive there"..well everything has to be imported!!!! Anyway disregard the negative reviews and book this place if you are thinking of going to St Lucia! My Wife & I are headed back for a month to WJL in September, just hope the Hurricanes stay away!lol

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you like hermetically sealed Air Conditioned Hotels don't visit here. If on the other hand you like to feel the sea breeze blowing through your living and dining room, see the sun shimmering on the sea and glorious sunsets, where outside merges into inside and cheeky bids coming looking for food on your balcony then this is the place for you. Don't get me wrong - the bedrooms are very well air conditioned, large and very comfortable and in our villa both had their own bathrooms so the best of both worlds. Our villa also had a plunge pool which was a great place to cool off after a sunbathing session on the roof terrace.

We are a family of four - Mum, Dad and 2 x Teens (Boy 14, Girl 12) and we all had a magnificent time. We took the all inclusive option and I think it was good value. The food was consistently excellent from the buffet Breakfast through the Pizza place to the fine dining options. We tried it all and were never disappointed.

The Sports and Leisure facilities are extensive and the Sports Team are a brilliant bunch of very helpful guys. We joined in some of the Beach games, went on the snorkeling expeditions twice, went sailing, tried Windsurfing, played Tennis, my Wife and Daughter enjoyed the Spa, we all learned to Water-ski and still had time to relax in the pool and sea and on the beach. We also took the all day catamaran tour which actually lots of fun and gave us a chance to see other parts of the island.

The site is very hilly but the buggy transport system worked well but as we were in a villa at the bottom of the hill we tended to walk most times.

As this was a birthday Treat for my wife we booked Helicopter transfers both ways to avoid the 1 hour plus transfer from the airport (all the resorts in the North West have the same transfer time). It was just a fantastic way to see the island - the Pitons and the rain-forest - and the Teens in particular thought it was "cool".

Would we go go back? In an instant but for 2 weeks next time.

Room Tip: Push the boat out and take a Villa.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Windjammer Landing for a wedding + vacation and had a really great time. I stayed in an oceanview premium room, which was really gorgeous with a great view and was kept very clean. We ended up doing the all-inclusive which is worth every penny - especially with frozen cocktails and rum punch as good as theirs! I can't say enough about how nice the staff is at WJ. Everyone from the bartenders to the gardener are super friendly and they remember your name - kudos to the amazing staff!!! The hotel grounds/facilities are also emaculate.

From my room, I was able to walk down to the beach area, so no need for a shuttle, but the walk back up was definitely steep, so I did take the shuttle at times. Late at night the shuttle did require some waiting, which wasn't ideal, but not too terrible. No adult beverages allowed in the shuttles, so drink up before you get picked-up!

The one area where there could have been some improvement was the food. Generally, it didn't knock my socks off, but for the all-inclusive prices, I can't complain much.

As well, I would recommend that the hotel remove the large yellow slide and trampoline from the water as it vastly took away from the gorgeous view and I very rarely saw them in use.

Lastly, a small can of bug spray would not hurt to bring as I did have some issues with bug bites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Wokingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We went to the Windjammer landing in November 2012, and it was a fantastic holiday.

Even though the hotel is a little way away from the airport (about an hour and 15mins) it's a relatively easy going drive in the transfer and you get to see plenty of the island en route.

We opted for the all inclusive package and weren't disappointed.The water sports included within the package are great and there's plenty to do, even if it's just lazing on the beach. But they take their safety very seriously.

We stayed in the ocean view rooms with the private sundeck, which we didn't make much use of, but waking up to the beautiful view of the sea in the mornings through the big windows from the four poster bed is wonderful. (Mind out for leaving the windows open though as the birds have figured out where the tea and sugar is kept in the rooms and to our surprise they flew right in and started pecking away at the sugar sachets.)

Our room was located at the top of the resort and we walked to and from our room daily in an effort to work off all the calories that we'd consumed during the day, but the shuttle buses are great to use; they don't always come within their 15min time slot so be prepared for a bit of a wait.

The pools dotted around the resort are a bit smaller than expected, and with the main pool being shut during our stay the space around the remaining pools was limited, but we found that we spent most of our time on the beach or taking part in the watersports provided.

Highly recommend sitting in the beach side bar (Jammers) taking in the gorgeous sunsets and the entertainment whilst sipping on one of the yummy cocktails from the menu.

A very relaxed and chilled out week away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We were a large group, so we rented a house just outside the resort & and spent most afternoons & evenings at the Windjammer. All of our boating & diving activities left from the resort as well. The drinks and food were good, but the prices a bit high for the quality. Happy hour was a good deal, but only the one hour and service was slow. I'm glad we used the report for a launch point, dinner and a few drinks, otherwise it wouldn't have been a good value.

• Stayed June 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Just returned from Windjammer about a week ago. Breathtaking views and sunsets The staff was friendly and tried to help with any questions and concerns I had. I never met my ambassador but a note was left at my villa after the 4th day. I loved the views, pools, activities and would recommend this place. I wanted to say thank you to Barry, Alexander, Jeff and Dunstan who were my favorite bartenders and a special thank you to Francis (Francois) for making sure we got around when needed. I didn’t mind the walk to my villa instead of the shuttle; I needed the exercise because of all the good food. I talked to the Manager Mark and he was very nice. There is a 90 minute travel from the airport to the resort so if you get car sick, pack pills and get ready for a very hilly ride. Only problem on the resort were the cats (which I’m very allergic too, glad I packed allergy pills) but they did not bother you too much, the mosquitoes are horrible (which the resort has no control over), kids at the bar and the bar closes early(1am). Definitely get the all inclusive option and relax. You’re on vacation. I will definitely be back in the future

Room Tip: If your ok with walking for waiting for the shuttle, get a villa. If you are handicapped or have tro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
surrey uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We booked airport transfer direct with the resort at a cost of $85 as we were told to expect a picturesque journey and to have our camera's ready. What we got was was a very boring journey which took about 90 minutes. Only later did we discover there are two routes one with views and one without (via Dennery) so we were a bit mislead by the resort.
On arrival we were assigned what they call an ambassador. Ours was called Nick. In the ten days we were there we never met or spoke to him, despite having cause to resolve a few problems and being promised he would get back to us. I'm not sure he actually exists.
There is a drainpipe that runs from the bar and Jammers restaraunt onto the beach and this leads to unpleasant smells in certain areas.
There are no umbrellas by any of the sunbeds either by the pools or on the beach so there is no chance of getting any shade during the day and the sunbeds are plastic and not very comfortable. The main pool is surrounded by the reception,shops,bar and restaurants so lacks any real privacy. For these reasons I don't think this resort could really be classified as 4 star and for the prices I would expect much better.
We stayed in one of the Hibiscus suites and ours was very nice in an excellent private area with lovely views from the patio and its own pool area.
Food in the restaurants (Papa Dons the best) was overall very good and if you aren't on an all inclusive deal will cost as a guide 105 EC$ for a rib eye steak, buffet breakfast is 75 EC$. Service was very friendly and mostly very good
The drinks as stated in other reviews ARE NOT premium brands and the house wines can at best be described as average. (Argentinian Pinot Grigio)
There is nightly evening "entertainment" (steel bands and Lionel Richie tribute acts) these are quite loud and can be heard in all restaurants (except papa dons) so if you want a quiet meal book an early table (7pm)
I got the impression this resort is really intended for the American market and have experienced far better for the same price in the far East.

Room Tip: Hibiscus suites - to avoid a long walk or the wait for the shuttle service.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!