“Lots to enjoy at Windjammer” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
FAMILY TRAVEL
Ranked #4 of 17 hotels in Castries
Atlanta
“Lots to enjoy at Windjammer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at the Windjammer in December 2012 on the All Inclusive plan. My room was very large plus my unit came with a rooftop deck. How awesome is that? Only drawback is that it rained quite heavily and my closet flooded a tad. Luckily only 1 pair of shoes were wet, but when they dried, no issues. Wish I had more time up there. I felt as if I was staying at a quaint loft on a beautiful island.

The property is quite large and very hilly. You would have to take a shuttle bus from the lobby to your room. I tried walking one day and gave up. Just too much of an incline. That's the only drawback of this hotel, waiting for the shuttles. But on the good side, having your luggage transported by shuttles is a luxury. ;)

The food was amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed breakfast and dinner. Staff was very pleasant. Most nights would hang out a the bar and listen to live music or just watch TV. So relaxing by the water and the barstaff was great.

The spa services were nice too. While there the main pool was closed so they offered us a complimentary spa service + Free foot therapy. The ladies were amazing. So kind, and full of smiles. Definitely added to the experience. The one improvement would be to upgrade the facilities. Had the facilities matched the service, I'd rate this higher.

Wifi is available in the lobby, but it's spotty at best. They need to improve this. It's not as if I go on vacation to work, but this was a working vacation and having your connection drop all the time was quite bothersome.

Overall, I enjoyed this property. Some of the villas were pure luxury. Saw a lot of generational families and couples.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WJLMD, General Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear JetSet_Diva: Thank you for the nice review and great information! I am sorry about the flooding and I'm happy your shoes dried. You'll be happy to know we are working on the plans for our new spa. I hope you'll return to check it out. We are also installing wi-fi throughout the resort. Best news - it will still be free! I hope you can return sometime for just vacation time...

1,472 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our first trip to St. Lucia and looks like I picked the perfect spot! Mediterranean design, fabulous views, wonderful staff, great restaurants and any service you could want right there. We decided to go all-inclusive, even though we had a small kitchen and the food was all we could have asked for. Booking excursions was also easy right there in the lobby. Great beach area, water sports center and daily activities also make this a great place for a family vacation. Each "villa" is on the hill, and a shuttle ran continuously for those who didn't want to walk. We usually walked down and took the shuttle back up to our unit. Not suitable for the disabled might be the only drawback. We will go back to St. Lucia and stay here again. PS - We found grocery stores to be much like at home, especially in Rodney Bay, but a little more expensive, so take the family and cook in!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any "bad" rooms. They do offer time share exchanges, but you c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Diane R: I'm glad you had a "Fabulous" stay! Thanks for the review!

Frederick, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I traveled here back in May of 2012 not only for a get away, but to renew our wedding vows for our 10th anniversary. The only word that comes to mind when I reminisce on this trip is unforgettable! The beauty of the hotel and the romance we felt being surrounded by such a serene setting. The excitement of the activities we took part in and the feeling of home by everyone's kindness. Even when it ended (sadly), some life-long friends and memories were made here. Memories that "like a song of love cling to me".

The wedding planning by Melanie was magnificent. I answered a few questions, did nothing more and everything fell beautifully into place that day. Truly, it seemed as though it were effortless. The flower petals that lined the walkway, the lovely minister, the bouquets, the hors d' oeuvres, drinks and cake, shuttle service... perfect! Even when we had no guests to witness our renewal, the hotel community celebrated with us and those laughs I'll cherish.

I'd recommend Windjammer to anyone. My husband and I will return again and have even explored the idea of being able to live there for long periods.

"That's why, darling, it's incredible!"

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear amattsen: We are so happy that your anniversary and vow renewal was so "unforgettable" Thank you for the nice comments about Melanie - we've already added your note to her file and thanked her for her great work. We look forward to seeing you and your husband back again soon!

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My Husband and I just got married at the Windjammer Landing on February 16th 2013. We fell in love with the Windjammer after our very first trip to St Lucia (this was our 3rd stay and will be back). We purposefully visited the resort shortly after our engagement to “scout out” potential wedding locations on the island. After arriving on property, the resort desk promptly scheduled us to meet with the two, yes two, wedding planners, Simone & Melanie. After this meeting we knew the windjammer was our spot - we didn't even look at another resort! In addition to the beautiful property, the resort has wonderful accommodations for large groups traveling together (which our friends & family LOVED the shareable villas wit private pools). The restaurants on property are excellent and the staff and service TOP NOTCH (and we are New Yorkers!) Simone, Melanie & the newest addition to the wedding team Lynn, were beyond fabulous. Our wedding was no small production as we had over 120 guests. Simone, Melanie, and Lynn were involved in every single detail from guest reservations; to ground transfers, and everything in between. They even assisted in the planning of our welcome dinner, which was off site. In addition to arranging our dinner, the wedding planners were also able to secure a large catamaran complete with a 5 piece steel band (Pan Sonic), full bar and crudités. It was a great way to travel and arrive at local restaurant The Edge, which is highly recommended as well.

Our wedding was too large for the Dragon Fly restaurant, so that meant we were on the beach for both the ceremony/cocktail hour and reception. The planers coordinated everything, including chair & tent rentals, flowers, bands (Pan Sonic & DYP - both AMAZING), even a little surprise intro of the groom and his best men via Jet Ski. Everything was perfect. The food at the cocktail hour & beach BBQ were both amazing. We received many compliments for both. We also hired the Fire dancers for a half-hour show - total crowd pleaser! DYP is hands down the best band on the island and they were incredible the service was AMAZING, we had the best bartenders & waiters on the island… each one really made the experience that much better.

The next day they arranged an in villa BBQ for our guests and us. Villa 400 is great for entertaining and the spread was beautiful! The BBQ on site consisted of; jerk chicken/Ribs/beef (to die for), a brisket carving station, Salads, pasta, fresh veggies, potatoes and an array of fabulous deserts

From the beginning to the end Simone, Melanie and Lynn were fabulous. They made our wedding planning easy & fun, they are so detailed and came up with great ideas & suggestions along the way! I can honestly say I miss them as well as everyone at the windjammer.

THANK YOU all so much for making our wedding so wonderful and unforgettable (shall we start planning the anniversary party now haha)

We love all our friends at the windjammer XO
Laura & Chad

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lauran and Chad: We were so happy that you chose to hold your awesome wedding at Windjammer! We all had such a great time with you, your families, and all of your friends - you planned such a beautiful and wonderful week for your guests. Thank you for mentioning Simone, Melanie, and Lynn. They do a terrific job in general, but I know they especially enjoyed working you two so much! We hope you and everyone who came with you will come and visit your Saint Lucia "family" again soon.

Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

St Lucia is often hailed as the perfect destination for honeymoons. Truth be told, it’s also the perfect destination for a wedding. Earlier this year I got married at the Windjammer Landing Villa and Beach Resort and it was spectacular! The resort with its Mediterranean-styled hillside villas and stone and brick walkways lined with tropical flora provided the most picturesque backdrop for our beachfront wedding. We could not have asked for a better setting. The whole process was stress free and enjoyable as every detail from the planning to the execution was meticulously managed by the Wedding Specialists Melanie, Simone and Lynn. These ladies were fantastic! They were organized, attentive, patient and approached everything systematically so as not to overwhelm us. They thought of things we had not even considered and left nothing to chance. We were made to feel as though ours was the only wedding being coordinated at the resort. The entire experience exceeded our expectations – exquisite bridal bouquets, good food, premium bar, beautiful decor and most importantly, great service. My husband and I had the wedding we wanted and the magic that we had envisioned for our special day was brought to life at and by Windjammer. We would even like to believe that the rainbow that appeared in the sky just as we were doing our sand ceremony was orchestrated by the resort. Total perfection!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Andrea A: Thank you for sharing your special day with us! We had such a great time with you and your group! Thank you for the nice comments about Melanie, Simone, and Lynn - they were very happy to help you make everything happen - even to schedule the rainbow! We hope to see all of you back again soon!

Midhurst, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Needed to get away from long cold winter in UK. Direct flight to St Lucia. I'd not been to the Carribbean before so all was very exciting, we were not disappointed. Went with my wife and two of our girls, 17 and 9.
We had an two bedroomed open villa with pool, neat and tidy and cleaned very nicely every day. We'd taken the all inclusive option, and it was everything, all our food from breakfast to dinner very very good. All drinks, at the bar, cocktails, wine and champagne at dinner (by the glass) and kids drinks by the pool all covered. We ate at four of the restaurants and would rate them all highly.The choices of food varied and was always cooked nicely and really well presented, both of our girls can be fussy but both ate well on holiday, and as per usual I ate too much!
It is hilly to get up and down to the restaurants, beach, main pool, etc, but the shuttle service works really well and the drivers are excellent. But the hilly nature gives you great views over the bay, and you're looking due west so great sunsets.
Our all inclusive deal would have let me waterski, jet ski, windsurfed, but the kids and wife are not into that so I just went off on a Hobi Cat on my own and sailed for an hour or two all at no extra charge.
ALL the staff were very helpful and polite, the cleaning people, gardeners, bar staff, waiters, concierge and reception and the watersports team, all really pleasant with hello's and good mornings etc etc.
We did a really good tour of the island, Land and Sea adventure on the open land rover, our guide Gilliana was superb, knowledgeable and fun, perfect. North to South of the island in the Landy taking in Castries (capital), farms and produce, botanical gardens, fishing villages, the Pitons, sulphur springs/volcano (really stinks), then sailing back up the Carribbean coast on a catamaran with a stop for swimming/snorkelling, pop into Marigot Bay, and up to Rodney Bay, back into Landy to your resort, not cheap but a very very good tour.
The girls also did a horse ride down to the beach and sea, which was ok, slow suited the 9 yo!
Couple of trips into Rodney Bay, only one for shopping! A miracle with my girls!
It was independence day while we were there, lots of celebrations, will try to go back when its on again.
But Windjammer made this holiday we were really comfortable here and would absolutely recommend it to anyone, just so long as they have space for us again next time we go. Thank you all.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for Hibiscus
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear 1sundowner: Thanks for choosing us for your first Caribbean holiday! I'm glad you had a great visit. My wife and I also have 2 daughters so know important the food and all is for the girls. I'm glad everyone was kept too busy for shopping! Thanks for the good suggestions and comments for other travelers. We look forward to having you and your family back again - we'll always make sure we have space for you!

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

It's a perfect hotel for family vacation! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are cosy and clean. Just do not leave your laptops or phones on the tables in the room while leaving. Otherwise you will have to go to security to pick them back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Vladimir: Thank you for the nice review! I'm glad you had a good time. I'm sorry for the inconvenience with your laptop and phones - just a precaution to make sure your vacation isn't affected by a missing valuable. We hope to see you back!

mark.ozawa@windjammer-landing.com

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!