Let me set the record straight. We stayed at the Halcyon from 6/25-7/1 in a Honeymoon Concierge room for our honeymoon. If you are looking for a small casual, intimate, quiet resort - this is the place. My wife and I having hectic jobs and lives and having friends who have stayed at all 3 Sandals properties in St. Lucia - we had an idea of what we wanted.
When we arrived in our room there was a bottle of champagne and a fruit platter. This was the beginning of being treated like a king and queen.
First the room was 50 ft from the beach with a beautiful view. It's own private little patio. No problem with the size or the bathroom. Yes the air conditioner blows hot air on the patio.
We flew into the small airport (10 minutes from resort) and stayed at the Halcyon against the advice of our Sandals rep travel agent - she was WRONG !
The food, the drinks and the pools were all great ! We ate at the Pier, Mario's and Kimono's. The service was excellent - the pacing just right for two extremely relaxed people to carry on a conversation. The Pier gave us a surprise cake !
We did the romance package which includes couples massage, dinner on the beach and rose petals, bubble bath, candles and champagne one night - recommend - each was a HUGE hit with my wife !
The grounds are so lush and beautiful. Every tree and bush seems to have flowers ! You can walk from one end to the other of the resort in 10 minutes - very nice! The resort is it's own little piece of heaven.
We are in our 40's and we met some great people - couples from all ages and locations ! You all were fun. Thanks Kristin and Jim ! Our 20 something friends !!
Cats - there were 5 friendly kittens in the lobby and NO "rats" !!
The other Sandals resorts : The Grande had the most beautiful beach and lots of watersports-nothing else impressed us. The Regency impressed us as a place for a regular vacation or with another couple. Lots of fun, things going on, would definitely like to come back to stay here. But the Halcyon was "home". We would come through the gate and a calm would come over you. It is the most relaxed I can ever remember being and my demeanor is so much more calm even two weeks later !
The staff I have saved for last. The staff on the whole were great. Thanks Melissa our Concierge ! Can't remember everyones names but the wait staff, security guards, the playmakers, the bartenders, the sales desk, the photographer were all very friendly and attentive once they knew you. They would come take care of things and you wouldn't even see them. It would just be done !
My one complaint does concern the staff and what seemed like a lack of management oversight ! The one night bar near the Bayside restaurant the bartenders seemed more interested in talking to themselves than taking care of the guests. Also the night we came back from the Regency about 30 or more of staff on their off hours in regular clothes had taken over the Karaoke and the pool tables outside. Have a staff lounge area ! VERY inappropriate !!
I would definitely recommend the Halcyon for the most relaxing, romantic, intimate time of your lfe ! No pressure, no problem !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries