I must admit having read previous reviews about Halcyon was more than a little worried but I do wonder what some people's expectations are!! We travelled Virgin Atlantic (v. comfortable) and had a good flight. Yes the trip out to the Halcyon is a bit bumpy but you must remember you are in a foreign country - not on the M5. It was interesting to see a bit of the countryside before we arrived at our destination. The Halcyon is very slightly "dated" in some respects but boy do they make up for it with their wonderful staff and attitude! We stayed in the 700 block. It was fine - ok not a 5* room but how long do you intend staying in there when you go on holiday? It was perfectly adequate and for once we had a wonderfully comfortable big (and I mean big) bed! My husband is 6ft 4in and normally beds are a pain in the a**** with us on holiday but this was great. Yes the air con does make a bit of a noise - so what!! The paradise pool was great - get up early to get a sunbed though - everyone else has the same idea! Food we found excellent - loved the Italian restaurant in particular. I must admit I found the Pier restaurant a little over-rated but it was still ok. As far as entertainment is concerned - yes it is a bit tacky to some - karoake etc but you don't have to join in - nobody makes you feel you have to do anything. This was the great thing about the Halcyon - if you want to join in do, if you don't nobody bothers you!
All in all it was our first Caribbean trip and we thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to go again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Expedia so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries