My husband & I went to St. Lucia back in September, right after the hurricanes had hit as well as the tropical storms. We knew there would be some sort of aftermath from the storms, but we did not let it cloud our excitement.
It is true the beach was not as it was advertised in most sandals ads and it is true that the sand was not white as you see in Sandals advertisements. But you do have to take in to consideration, those beaches don't reflect St. Lucia. The beaches took a beating during the storms, causing the change in the ocean's colour, and the length of the beach. The sand cannot be white since it is a volcanic island. None of this phased me one little bit. I was on my honeymoon with my husband in the caribbean. The weather was beautifully hot, and both the staff and service at the Halcyon was always exceptional.
The food, was amazing, if it was not something that appealed to either one of us, we would choose not to eat it. If the choice off the menu didn't meet our expectations, oh well. It's not the end of the world. We knew we would not go hungry. Especially with The Grill open late until 3 am. God bless Calvin and his memory and smile!! He along with Cecilia would never forget your face, or your name.
The Bayside was great for a random selection on international meals Buffet style. Breakfast was great, the lunch buffet, was enough to get you through until dinner. As for the various restaurants, all of them were fantastic. I always stuck to seafood and chicken. My husband could not seem to get enough of the surf & turf.
What other resort companies allows you the option to hang out at their other resorts. We found the grounds at both the Regency and the Grand amazing. The beach at the Grand was beautiful and clear. You would even have the fish swim around you. The Grand also has the luck of being tucked in a bay where the water is much calmer than that of the Regency and Halcyon. The staff at the Regency and Grand I must say and agree with some of the comments I have read, are not as friendly. But one must consider their resort size is on a larger scale with more guests to service. Their resorts although I found them much ritzier, and older guests for the most part, each time we returned to our Halcyon, it was like coming home.
The bar staff, especially Nil, Jeremiah, and Sponge Bob, were always there, remembering our names and of course our drinks. Those Banana Ladies are the absolute best. If you're fighting a hang over, ask Jeremiah to fix you up one of his specialties.
The Play Makers (entertainment staff) are the greatest. Kirmani, Tamian, Zena, Dela will do what they can to make your stay more exciting and memorable. Their antics, good humour, and care free style can't help but get you into the caribbean atmosphere.
Everyone there has their "No Pressure, No Problem" attitude. This is true and evident from the minute you get off the plane. The rush styles of the city, don't work in the caribbean. Your stay at the Halcyon will turn into your home away from home.
All I was looking for in a honeymoon, was sunny skies, a beach and a pool to hang out at and soak up the sun. The option to mingle & enjoy various water sports/activities if I chose, and of course to enjoy my husband. To actually find friendly and happy staff that was always so accomodating (like George & Vernessa) was a bonus. I received all of these things and more.
If you're looking for a ritzy high class resort, then you should pick The Sandals Grand or Sandals Regency. If you want low-key, and comfortable, not too big, beautiful grounds, friendly staff, then the Sandals Halcyon is your pick. We loved it and would not think twice about going back.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Hotel
- Sandals Halcyon
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Castries
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.