This is our 5th sandals, very quiet location with very little night life. Food is great and never experienced any problems with service. Beach has brown sand which with wave actions causes dark water. I swam in it and found it excellent with a very clean, unlike the Grand with garbage floating and cigarrette butts on the beach. The Grand has a beach with clear water. We travelled to all 3 locations and enjoyed Halcyon. Rooms were clean and seemed to be redone. The balconies di not provide any privacy in the building we were in and a small privicy wall would go along way.
As others have noted the internet does not work well and should be fixed if charging for it.
One point on service there was a couple times I asked for things like to replace the coffee which was not done by housekeeping when the room was done. I had to ask twice and it took a few hours. I arrived and the fridge had not been restocked. I would think the rooms should be checked before guests arrive.
The items I mentioned above have been mentioned many times in other reviews and management should fix the problems.
Arrival lounge at the airport was a great idea as we waited for our vehicle to take us to the hotel.
The diving was well organized and went to some of the best reefs I have seen in many years. You must take a shuttle to the boats. I did 8 dives and everything went as per schedule.
Overall an excellent hotel but needs to improve the small problems to become a great hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Expedia so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries