Sandals Halcyon was our choice for holiday this year as we finally decided to tie the knot in October, and what better way to do it! St, Lucia and Sandals had already been recomended by friends as a fantastic location. After browsing the brochures we decided on the Halcyon resort as it seemed more private, quieter yet still offered the all inclusive options.
We actually got married at the resort - on the beach of course! and I cannot recomend this strongly enough to anyone wishing to do the same.
Our wedding photos were fantastic - delivered within 24 hours, and exactly what we had hoped for. This resort offers a relaxed alternative to the typical big white wedding with all the planning and preparation taken care of - leaving you to relax and enjoy your day. After our ceremony and short reception we returned to a decorated room which indicated to all that we were newly-weds. I can't say the attention was unwelcome though!
Our two week stay really wasn't enough - this place is awesome! The food was fabulous every day, with a wide variety of dishes at every sitting, even for conservative tastes. Foods from all over were displayed buffet-style during the day, and menu-style in the night. The drinks on offer are plentiful and varied - branded drinks too, not local liquor as is sometime the case with all incl. holidays.
The staff are a real credit to to Sandals, offering quality service at all times and very polite and courteous. Our room was basic but comfortable and always clean, thanks to the daily service by hard working maids. It overlooked lush gardens that surrounds the site, providing the opportunity to observe the wildlife - humming birds, lizards of course, and a curious looking crab.
By far the best thing about this all-adult resort is the freedom to do just about whatever you wish. midnight jacuzzi's aren't out of the question! If you wish to eat in your room, you can - the same with drinks. You can dine at the other two Sandals resorts on the island should you want to, but there's lots of choice in Halcyon and flexible eating times for early birds and night owls.
All in all, we couldn't have made a better choice for our wedding and honeymoon. Just thinking about it makes me get nostalgic, and we cannot wait to return to enjoy it all over again. Its going to be hard to top this one...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, BookIt.com and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Castries