My husband Mike and I got married in Seaside, Florida on a Saturday in late September 2012 and then headed south from Atlanta to St Lucia. We picked Halcyon because we are a laid back couple who loves adventure. This location is between the two other locations; The Grande & La Toc. Both were only a 15 minute shuttle ride away. We opted for the Butler Service and were very satisfied. Every night we had flower pedals on our bed and cold champagne, so spoiled! And they provided us with a cell phone, and anything we needed was a quick call away. Halcyon grounds are very intimate and tropical. Great for lounging or just getting a nap in. The water was great. It's deep and blue. But after storms it does get a bit dirty with debris and dirt. Food was good, not great. Which is expected for an all-inclusive. We both got some food poisoning, so be careful of the raw items, especially the hams/meats cold cuts. Also, my husband forgot his dress shoes, so they would not allow us to eat at the Italian restaurant, which was a bit lame (they made us sit outside in the buffet area, but we still got italian service). We took the kayaks to the island and explored the abandoned Nun mosque there/Rat Island, very creepy, but fun! We did the Land and Sea excursion and it was AWESOME! We went snorkeling, got muddy in the volcanic hot spring, went to the hot springs high up on the Pitons, and enjoyed some really good local cuisine! Everyone on the island is very friendly. We went snorkeling and hiking at The Grande, it was amazing. The Grande had the most calm water, but the seating options are limited on the beach. The views over there are breathtaking in the bay and from Pigeon Island! La Toc is nice too, it felt more like a "club" vibe and had lots of the younger couples were at that location. The ocean is most rough and deep at La Toc. That is a very hilly part of the island.
What we did that was included; windsurf(not great equipment), hobie cat (super fun), kayak, free snorkeling (if you bring your own gear, you could do it yourself with no rules),
What we did that cost extra; hike the Piegon Island (small fee, walking distance from the grande resort), Land & Sea Adventure(Highly recommended),
Halycon - The chill location, laid back, no nonsense, yeah there were more older couples here. The Pier restaurant was AMAZING! Best meal of the trip, along with the Candelight Dinner!
La Toc - The upscale party location, the largest pool area, deepest water. Don't think real Japanese when you go to get Hibachi, it's not miso soup people! And they wouldn't let us do saki bombs! :(
The Grande - The affordable party location, with the most adventure options, calmest water, diverse mix of couples and groups, headquarters for free snorkeling and diving. Gordon's on the Pier was amazing food, we really enjoyed hanging out on the dock at the firepit after that dinner, so relaxing and beautiful!
St Lucia reminds me of a mix between Maui & Aruba. No quite as crazy as Jamaica.
You will love it, Enjoy your time there!
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Hotel
- Sandals Halcyon
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Castries
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.