This was our second visit to Halcyon, the first being 14 years ago (1998), we were there from 5 - 19 December 2012. We have to say that it is not as good as it was 14 years ago, but does not detract from what was a very enjoyable, relaxing holiday in beautiful surroundings.
The Pier Restaurant (especially the piano player) and Marios are excellent, although we were disappointed in the Bayside which we found to be in need of some TLC. The hygiene standards were not as good as they should be, the chair cushions quite dirty and the cinstant pesetering from the cats gets annoying after a time. We also found breakfast got monotonous as it never ever changed. We also found that the grill at lunchtime frequently only had burgers which you can get from the beach grill every day.
We chose a basic room which was more than adequate as we do not spend much time in there(used our money flying Club World with BA which was good but the seating arrangement is apalling). However, we were somewhat surprised at there being no shower gel, only a bar of soap, it was a bit like stepping back to the 1800's, so if you are going take your own shower gel.
The nicest things about Halcyon is that it is small, has beautiful gardens and some really terrific staff who could not do enough to help. We met Agnes again at the sunset pool bar who was there when we went in 1998 and it was great to see her again.
It is a good location as you can use the courtsey bus to visit the other 2 sandals resorts (Grande & Le Toc) although we found the timings of the buses did not fit in well with the restaurant booking times at the other resorts.
All in all this was an excellent vacation in a very nice resort and we will definitely return and will not leave 14 years this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Expedia so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries