My wife and I just returned from the Halycon after staying there for 3 planned days prior to then meandering over to the Grande for 7 days (separate review pending). This beautiful quiet resort is located on the edge of Castries and for us posed no problems in terms of either slight traffic noise or barking dogs in the distance. The brown sand beach is narrow and lined with palm trees. (reserve your spot early) The water is wavy both coming in and out and were fun and safe to play in (on a green flag day) but probably contributed to the impressions its wasnt clear due to the sand being stirred up..the main pool was louder and the plunge pool smaller and somewhat crowded.. We were situated in a top floor corner room overlooking the gardens with the ocean and beach peeking through the palm trees and foilage. It was decorated in high quality furnishings, an extremely comfortable bed and overall reminded us of a cottage effect. The washroom fixtures were older and the front hallway smaller.The door combined with the double shutters that were able to be flung open to the balcony allowed for excellant views and an open air feeling to the place. Our mini bar was stocked everyday. We thouroughly enjoyed the Pier restaurant with the tasty food and great house wine dining with quiet piano playing in the background. We never had to wait longer than 10 minutes to be seated. Staff were very pleasant and helpfull with us as were the beach vendors who didnt harass us when they understood we werent interested in purchasing anything. We would not personally be suited to the beach front rooms as they seem dark and are directly located on the main pathway with people walking by so leaving window curtains or doors open would certainly affect privacy issues...really a personal choice though as we like to have everything opened up normally.St Lucia is an extremely beautiful island best viewed from the water. Having travelled to many Caribbean islands and Mexico it is now our favorite island and we will return. If you've booked the Halycon or are considering it and you are accepting of a smaller resort with all its perks and imperfections do not even hestitate:)..both other Sandals properties are 15 minutes away either side of you by way of a free shuttle....relax and enjoy:)...give the cats a lil hug for me if you go...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries