“Out of this world! :)” 5 of 5 stars

$305 Spa/Tour Credit!!
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Castries
“Out of this world! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I had the most incredible honeymoon. We could not have wished for more! From arrival we were treated to hot towels and champagne, withal quick check in service. A porter then escorted us to our room which was beautifully furnished and clean. The bed was huge & I've never slept so well. Our room was located next to the paradise pool. We never heard the main road behind our building at night. We enjoyed a complementary bottle of champagne & we received a honeymoons breakfast bought to our room one morning.

We loved all the restaurants. Particularly the pier restaurant which has a special feel to it. We never felt pressured to buy wine and always opted for the house wine. This was filled up often without asking :) The variety of food is great and there is something for everyone. One night the chef sat with a planning his menu for his stay due to his dietry requirements ~ we thought this an outstanding service. The jerk chicken, the steak and the cheese board was fantastic. When we went to the Grande the Barefoot on the beach had lovely food too. I asked for onion rings as a side which the don't do but the chef made them especially for me - they were the best I've ever tasted. Josphienes is a MUST visit for desert, their pancakes are truly delicious. I have not tasted any that have topped them. We also visited the French restaurant at La Toc which was exquisite, however later we had a burger at the grill back at the Halcyon. Well worth the visit tho. We also had whole coconut drinks whilst there, they were lovely.

The facilities are great. The swimming pools are lovely. We preferred the quiet pool but there is always entertainment at the noisy pool. What makes Paradise pool in one word - Agnes. She is an asset to Sandals who they should treasure. She remembers everyone & really cares about the guests. Without her Sandals really would not be as successful & I hope they appreciate all she does.

All staff at the Halcyon bend over backwards for the guests. They were friendly, entertaining and care that the guests have a good time. AgainI really hope Sandals appreciate their staff as they make this resort. Everton is such a great guy, he introduced himself to us the first night and from then on checked we were ok. On my birthday he sang happy birthday acapello style over the microphone. AMAZING! He made my birthday. Thank you so much. Other staff urceil, gavy, Kurby also are great. Aaron at the bar is the best barman tho! He got to know your drinks!

The alcohol and range of drink is very good by the way! Its good soft drinks are stocked in your room too.

Trips - we did loads. The Julian tours was the best! 10 people go on the trip. They take you snorkling, to a bat cave, see famous peoples houses, to the mud baths, waterfalls and best of all his aunts house for lunch. The lunch was superb and nothing you will ever experience again. Joe knows do a similar trip with a restaurant lunch and there are more peoples. If you want authentic Caribbean see the yellow shirt guys on the beach. It was a truly magical trip. We also did zip wiring which is super fun & horse riding. We loved going into the sea on the horses bareback. Pigeon island is St Lucas national park. It is next to the grand. Get the shuttle across. It is so beautiful if you hike up to Fort Rodney - views are spectacular from the top.

We had a couples massage & candle lit dinner on the beach for my birthday. A little expensive but a beautiful experience. The service and food was first class. The photos are also pricey as professional photographers go around the resorts.

Sandals have many money making schemes but you don't actually have to do any. We chose to because it was our honeymoon, so we bought photos etc One couples we met spent no money the entire 2 weeks they were there.

We loved our honeymoon and hope to go back one day. The resort is just quiet, beautiful and the staff are amazing.
The grande is also great but not got the feel of the Halycon. The beach their is gorgeous. La Toc is disappointing. The staff were not as friendly as the others.

I strongly recommend this resort. I really don't know what makes people happy if they are disappointed!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

back to reality :)) after spending 10 days at the halcyon for our honeymoon we had a great time we just want to thank all the staff for the excellent service they have provided us with...A very big thank you to Everton...Nicky...Nealon...Julian...Ezyln All the playmakers u guys where great...we hope to see you againg sometime :)) Mus & Pem

• Stayed November 2012
Norwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Halcyon for our honeymoon from October 12-20th and we had the best honeymoon ever! When we arrived, St Lucia was in the middle of a tropical storm and it was pouring. We got to the airport and the sandals employees handled our transportation from the airport to our resort quite smoothly. We pulled up to the beautiful open air lobby and were immediately greeted with cool damp towels to cool ourselves down with as well as glasses of champagne. Our room was not quite ready so we were escorted down to the Bistro to grab a bite to eat. The food there is decent.. not great but not bad.. but they are open until about 3 am so you can't beat that! Our room was upgraded and ready not shortly after we were brought to the bistro and the bellman Kennedy came to find us, we didn't have to find him. How wonderful was that! He brought us straight to our room and helped us get settled after a long day of traveling. So check in was pretty smooth and Kennedy really did a great job taking care of us.

We frequented the swim up bars and met 3 amazing girls who were working different jobs during our stay at the Halcyon. Angel, Clarissa, and Zenith were just amazing! They truly made our stay absolutely perfect!! They cannot accept tips but they go above and beyond to make sure that their guests are happy and well taken care of. Plus they never let your drink go empty!! They remember your names and what you like to drink and most times they had our drink on the bar before we could order it. We will always remember these girls!! and we will come back again in hopes to see them!!

We only left the halcyon to visit the other resorts a few times during our stay and to be honest we were very happy with that. We ate every dinner at our resort and were so happy we did so. Marios has an Italian appetizer bar that is just to die for!! The smoked salmon made me come back for 3 different dinners during our stay! The pier had the best Filet Mignon I have ever had!! And the cheesecake... oh my goodness you couldn't stop my husband from wanting to go back to the pier to snag another piece! We ate lunch at Barefoot by the Sea which is located at Sandals Grande and it was very good with an amazing view! We loved the halcyon though because it was quiet and relaxing.. The grande was just like spring break and definitely not our style..

Our absolute most favorite thing about our honeymoon was the private candlelight dinner on the beach.. To all honeymooners... THIS IS A MUST! we scheduled it on our last night and it was the perfect ending to our honeymoon. Private butler service that does not rush you through courses.. and the sound of the waves lapping at our feet while you dine on a scrumptious dinner and drink champagne and wine. It was seriously a chapter out of a romance novel!!

The only complaints we had was that there is a lot of communication problems as far as booking anything prior to your stay. We recommend that you do not book your excursions until you get to the resort. We were given a lot of information that wasn't the same as what we were given when we spoke to the woman at the excursion desk.. Just wait and book the day you arrive.. our friends we met while we stayed there booked the day they arrived and were able to go on everything they wanted with no issues whatsoever.
We did the dolphin/whale watching and the sunset cruise. BOTH WERE AMAZING!! The sunset cruise is another must do for honeymooners.. Nothing like standing at the back of the boat watching the sun set with your new husband/wife :)
We did our honeymoon registry through sandals and it was amazing but the resort was very confused on some of the items that were bought for us.. We received a 50 minute massage rather then the 80 minute massage we paid for because they had the wrong booking information.. They rectified the problem by having us come back for the rest of the 30 minutes.. We were also given the Managers Cellar Wine gift off the registry and all the restaurants were confused and didn't know what this was.. We had to speak to sales to actually receive our 50.00 wine credit. We were also never registered as honeymooners even though we had a honeymoon registry and we were booked for a honeymoon package.. So after bringing this to the sales departments attention.. We were given our champagne and breakfast in bed like we originally were supposed to receive. So even though we did run into issues I left happy because they fixed all the problems right away!

My husband and I cannot wait to go back again soon!!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms closer to the sunset pool/bistro.. You are close to the beach and pools as well as far...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Recently my wife and I stayed at Sandals Halcyon for our honeymoon. They offered several special packages for honeymooners that include a butler to unpack your bags upon arrival, couples massages, candlelit dinner on the beach, and a personal a butler for a day at the resort among others. The cost of the package we chose was about 20% of our total expense. We never received any of the butler services included in the package and management tried to charge us extra for the massages and the dinner even though we paid for the package. I was in the sales office arguing with management for 4 of the 7 days I was at the resort. They removed the charges for the dinner and massages, but they are refusing any sort of refund for the services that I paid for and never received. The manager claims that there are no prices associated with individual features of a package and so there is no way to refund any money, which means either the price I paid was concocted arbitrarily and does not reflect the cost of the service or the manager is flat out lying. So in short, Sandals has no problem taking large amounts of money from customers, they problem they have is providing the service that customers pay for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
I'm so sorry that your experience at our resort did not quite meet your expectations. As you may know, we're working with you to resolve this matter and make the necessary provisions to ensure that there is not a repeat. I certainly hope this matter did not completely interfere with the enjoyment of your vacation.

Please contact us at 1-888-SANDALS if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and for your review.

Cassie C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

To be honest, this was our first trip to St.Lucia and first Sandals experience. If you're looking for a relaxed, calm atmosphere, Halcyon is exactly that! We knew Halcyon was for us by the pictures alone. Most of the other Sandals Resorts have a tall square hotel, but Halcyon has two-storey, plant covered love nests. From the 2nd floor, we had an excellent view of the RedLane massage table closest to the beach, of the water and the cute little gazebo's spread across the garden.
We're professional musicians, so it was fun to participate in a talent show one night. Being in the entertainment field, the band was amazing. Its hard to find a groove like that in Toronto. The Playmakers were a lot of fun. Say hi to Nicky for me if you go. She's great!
Everything went extremely well. They even gave us a complimentary upgrade at check-in which gave us a higher wood panel ceiling and a better view of the gardens. We like to vacation at different places each year, but Sandals Halcyon will see us again. Check out my photo's on my Facebook page Liana Primerano. Photo Album: Saint Lucia Oct 2012
Oh they even have a 15 minute complimentary photo shoot and a second shoot because we missed the sunset the first night. It was a lot of fun. Sandals Halcyon, a 5 Star Experience!

• Stayed October 2012
Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I celebrated 20 years there and he surprised me with this vacation! We stayed Nov 3-10. I'm so glad he picked the Halcyon vs the other resorts. We had a beach front, butler room and we loved Sylvie and Claudia!! The food was outstanding and the pool was a total blast every day. Get up early to get a spot! What I liked most about Halcyon is the laid back atmosphere. The average age was 25-65. We met a lot of Brits and a lot of east coasters just making it through hurricane Sandy. We met people we will, no doubt, be friends with forever! The Friday night street party is a must see...not the one at the La Toc, but the one thrown by the locals. Well worth the trip! The beaches were nice, but I'm a pool kinda person. The "vendors" on the beach were there trying to sell you their jewelry, aloe, carvings and smoke. Yes, smoke...the illegal type! Don't be discouraged, they don't push hard. A simple, no thank you will suffice. Make sure you bring slacks and dress shirts for the men. We were turned away from Marios, which is ok. Its nice to dress up for a week. Make sure you take the "Joe Knows" tour. It is all day long, but soooo worth it!! Big Al, Snoop Dog and Big Willie were so much fun and we learned so much about the island! You get to snorkel, go in a volcano, wash off in a water fall, eat traditional Creole food, and see the other side of the island. A must do. (Tell Al, Willie and Snoop Clint and Angi said hi!!) All in all, we would totally visit this resort again and again!!

Room Tip: Get the ocean view, butler service...well worth the little extra money. They make the trip so worth...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

First I would like to justify our critique. Both my wife and myself are seasoned travelers and frequent the Caribbean. We have just returned from a week at Sandals St. Lucia Halcyon. 11/03/2012-11/10/12.
First, if you are a serious beach/water person you might not want to pick this resort. It is not what you see in the pictures. It was too rough to enjoy the ocean and the water was stirred up and murky. Not the crystal blue you see in pictures. Have to settle for the pool.

The food at Mario's and Pier Restaurant are pushing 4 star with service to match. However, the food at the Bayside is hotel grade at the best. Service is spotty and there are times when no service is around. JUST FOR A HEADS UP, BOTH MYSELF AND MY WIFE GOT SEVERELY SICK ONE NIGHT AFTER EATING AT BAYSIDE. WE ALSO RAN INTO SEVERAL OTHER COUPLES WHO DID ALSO THE SAME EVENING. SO I QUESTION THEIR SANITATION.

Transportation buses are available to travel between Sandals resorts, however there appears to be a problem with there being enough buses. We had dinner reservations at another resort for 6:00 and attempted to use the 5:15 bus. It arrived at the our resort already full from another resort. We finally arrived for dinner at 6:45. Just to add a footnote, it is apparent that one hand doesn't know what the other is doing at this resort.

The property is nicely kept however is becoming very worn out and needs to be updated for it to be the quality Sandals advertises.

Housekeeping was superb. Our little St Luciana gal, Shermina, could not do enough for us. Its such a shame the rest of the resort doesn't share her passion!

In summery, we would say that if you were to compare Halcyon with other Sandals resorts, Couples resorts in Jamaica and several other Caribbean resorts; Chose elsewhere, this is a poor bang for your buck!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review Sandals Halcyon. While we have not had similar complaints regarding food sanitation, we are respectful of the opinions you have expressed and recognize that one person’s specific experience can only be judged by that individual. We strive to keep the highest standard of quality and service and we deeply regret if we did not live up to your expectations. Your comments have been passed on to the relevant departments as well as the General Manager for immediate evaluation and action as needed.

Thank you, again. We hope to welcome you again in the future for an experience that exceeds your expectations.

Cassie C.

Been to Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!