My husband and I stayed at the Halcyon for our honeymoon from October 12-20th and we had the best honeymoon ever! When we arrived, St Lucia was in the middle of a tropical storm and it was pouring. We got to the airport and the sandals employees handled our transportation from the airport to our resort quite smoothly. We pulled up to the beautiful open air lobby and were immediately greeted with cool damp towels to cool ourselves down with as well as glasses of champagne. Our room was not quite ready so we were escorted down to the Bistro to grab a bite to eat. The food there is decent.. not great but not bad.. but they are open until about 3 am so you can't beat that! Our room was upgraded and ready not shortly after we were brought to the bistro and the bellman Kennedy came to find us, we didn't have to find him. How wonderful was that! He brought us straight to our room and helped us get settled after a long day of traveling. So check in was pretty smooth and Kennedy really did a great job taking care of us.
We frequented the swim up bars and met 3 amazing girls who were working different jobs during our stay at the Halcyon. Angel, Clarissa, and Zenith were just amazing! They truly made our stay absolutely perfect!! They cannot accept tips but they go above and beyond to make sure that their guests are happy and well taken care of. Plus they never let your drink go empty!! They remember your names and what you like to drink and most times they had our drink on the bar before we could order it. We will always remember these girls!! and we will come back again in hopes to see them!!
We only left the halcyon to visit the other resorts a few times during our stay and to be honest we were very happy with that. We ate every dinner at our resort and were so happy we did so. Marios has an Italian appetizer bar that is just to die for!! The smoked salmon made me come back for 3 different dinners during our stay! The pier had the best Filet Mignon I have ever had!! And the cheesecake... oh my goodness you couldn't stop my husband from wanting to go back to the pier to snag another piece! We ate lunch at Barefoot by the Sea which is located at Sandals Grande and it was very good with an amazing view! We loved the halcyon though because it was quiet and relaxing.. The grande was just like spring break and definitely not our style..
Our absolute most favorite thing about our honeymoon was the private candlelight dinner on the beach.. To all honeymooners... THIS IS A MUST! we scheduled it on our last night and it was the perfect ending to our honeymoon. Private butler service that does not rush you through courses.. and the sound of the waves lapping at our feet while you dine on a scrumptious dinner and drink champagne and wine. It was seriously a chapter out of a romance novel!!
The only complaints we had was that there is a lot of communication problems as far as booking anything prior to your stay. We recommend that you do not book your excursions until you get to the resort. We were given a lot of information that wasn't the same as what we were given when we spoke to the woman at the excursion desk.. Just wait and book the day you arrive.. our friends we met while we stayed there booked the day they arrived and were able to go on everything they wanted with no issues whatsoever.
We did the dolphin/whale watching and the sunset cruise. BOTH WERE AMAZING!! The sunset cruise is another must do for honeymooners.. Nothing like standing at the back of the boat watching the sun set with your new husband/wife :)
We did our honeymoon registry through sandals and it was amazing but the resort was very confused on some of the items that were bought for us.. We received a 50 minute massage rather then the 80 minute massage we paid for because they had the wrong booking information.. They rectified the problem by having us come back for the rest of the 30 minutes.. We were also given the Managers Cellar Wine gift off the registry and all the restaurants were confused and didn't know what this was.. We had to speak to sales to actually receive our 50.00 wine credit. We were also never registered as honeymooners even though we had a honeymoon registry and we were booked for a honeymoon package.. So after bringing this to the sales departments attention.. We were given our champagne and breakfast in bed like we originally were supposed to receive. So even though we did run into issues I left happy because they fixed all the problems right away!
My husband and I cannot wait to go back again soon!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries