First I would like to justify our critique. Both my wife and myself are seasoned travelers and frequent the Caribbean. We have just returned from a week at Sandals St. Lucia Halcyon. 11/03/2012-11/10/12.
First, if you are a serious beach/water person you might not want to pick this resort. It is not what you see in the pictures. It was too rough to enjoy the ocean and the water was stirred up and murky. Not the crystal blue you see in pictures. Have to settle for the pool.
The food at Mario's and Pier Restaurant are pushing 4 star with service to match. However, the food at the Bayside is hotel grade at the best. Service is spotty and there are times when no service is around. JUST FOR A HEADS UP, BOTH MYSELF AND MY WIFE GOT SEVERELY SICK ONE NIGHT AFTER EATING AT BAYSIDE. WE ALSO RAN INTO SEVERAL OTHER COUPLES WHO DID ALSO THE SAME EVENING. SO I QUESTION THEIR SANITATION.
Transportation buses are available to travel between Sandals resorts, however there appears to be a problem with there being enough buses. We had dinner reservations at another resort for 6:00 and attempted to use the 5:15 bus. It arrived at the our resort already full from another resort. We finally arrived for dinner at 6:45. Just to add a footnote, it is apparent that one hand doesn't know what the other is doing at this resort.
The property is nicely kept however is becoming very worn out and needs to be updated for it to be the quality Sandals advertises.
Housekeeping was superb. Our little St Luciana gal, Shermina, could not do enough for us. Its such a shame the rest of the resort doesn't share her passion!
In summery, we would say that if you were to compare Halcyon with other Sandals resorts, Couples resorts in Jamaica and several other Caribbean resorts; Chose elsewhere, this is a poor bang for your buck!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries