I visited Halcyon for the first time in 2007 with my now husband… it was a first time at an all inclusive and at Sandals and we really enjoyed ourselves. Back then there were some other guests our age and there was a little night life. This past time was very different…. We also got the feeling of really not being welcomed by the staff because of our age… this time they were very rude especially about the “dress code” that they enforce when they want to. The worst experience was going to the pier restaurant. We were told “Leather Sandals” were appropriate so my husband had leather sandals on. The hostess was so rude and said we couldn’t come in… fine.. so he went and put full shoes on. We came back and were seated the whole time she is rolling her eyes at us. When we were sitting we look behind us and there is a man (Probably in his 60’s) wearing shorts and flip flops… also another women who was in her 50’s looking a mess… braids in her hair (which was wet) and a sun dress wrap. We were both dressed very nicely…I just feel we were treated differently because we were in our late 20’s. We didn’t even eat our dinner and I left in tears because I was so angry…We complained to the manager on duty and she did nothing just said that we should follow the dress code. We ended up spending all the rest of our days at Sandals Grande where there was fun music… better food… and a more laid back vibe. Food is good at Mario’s but other then that the food is just average. Service is just OK there is no real urgency and there were some rude staff. The only exception is the Hostess and the servers at Mario’s… they were all fantastic! It was a sad disappointing experience to think the place we loved years ago we are no longer welcomed at…maybe we will give them another chance but it isn’t likely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Castries