This was my first trip to the Caribbean and my first time staying at an all inclusive resort. Sandals Halcyon was a great first experience. Of the 3 resorts on St. Lucia, Halcyon is the quietest which was exactly what I was looking for. My husband & I were both in need of a relaxing vacation. Sandals came recommended by a colleague who went there for her honeymoon.
Sandals has their own lounge at the airport, so once you get through customs, your bags are whisked away, you get something cold to drink and wait comfortably for the shuttle. It's about an hour & a half drive.The AC in the shuttle could have been a little more powerful and the roads aren't the best, but we made it just fine.
We stayed in a Honeymoon Beachfront Concierge Room. Our room was very clean and was pretty much the way it was pictured on the website. It was about 30 steps from the beach. The beach is narrow, but most of the people there spent their days at the pool, so the beach never seemed crowded. The only negative is there are not nearly enough umbrellas for the beach. You have to get up early and go claim an umbrella or else you fry on the beach.
The food was very good - not 5 star gourmet, but you could have as much as you wanted along with any kind of alcohol. There was plenty of variety regardless of your dietary needs or preferences.
They have all kinds of fun drinks, not all of which are alcoholic. I loved their Scorpion which is a non-alcoholic banana & coconut smoothie. The only beers available are either Heineken or Piton.
They have 2 pools - the one by the beach is the "fun" pool where they have games & events. The Paradise Pool is the "quiet" pool. There are a LOT of Brits who come to this Sandals and they serve tea at the Paradise Pool every day at 4 p.m.
I was told that the Halcyon has the highest return guest rate of any Sandals resort and I can believe it. The staff is top notch.
While this isn't a vacation that we can afford to do every year, I would not hesitate to return,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Expedia so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries