The Halcyon was a great surprise after reveiwing some previouse reports published on trip advisor after we had booked.
The setting was superb in beautiful well maintained gardens which were continuousely manned by gardeners quiteately discreately working away. We found the beach very quite and secluded with very few people from out side the resort, the Halcyon was full to capacity dispite this there are always plenty of sunbeds availible on the beach and around the pools and the attendants would move them for you and if you wished, get Parasols etc to gain shade around the pools and were very attentative. The resort has two main pools one for total tranquility and the other a more active experience. The staff were always very friendly and attentative and nothing was to much bother.
In general the food and Restaurants are excellent although some main courses were overly large however some of the guests like to have very Large portions. The standard of cuisine and variety was very good and served to the table in a proffessional manner and at a reasonable/exceptable rate, About 2 hours was the norm for 4 courses which is very exceptable to most albeit some guests wanted their courses served at a more rapid pace. The water sports facilities were always availible with a good level of tuition provided upon request, normally there were no queues.
The rooms were a bit tired, but hey we took the veiw that as long as they were clean and funtional we were happy in fact they were spotlessley clean and the maid service was second to none.
The transfer from the airport was of usual Caribbean style wich we could live with.
The Bars were well stocked and the bar staff were very compitent and friendly and were of constant amusment.
In summery my wife and i had a very pleasant holiday at the Halcyion.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Hotel
- Sandals Halcyon
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Castries
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.