“Harmony Suites Review” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Harmony Suites

Save Saved
You added Harmony Suites to your Saves list
Harmony Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Reduit Beach Rd, Rodney Bay | PO Box 155, Castries, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #9 of 17 hotels in Castries
Bowmanville, Canada
“Harmony Suites Review”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed there one nite on Jan 6th/13 and found the stay a little disappointing. the WI-fi never ever worked right and in this day and age this is one thing you don't ignore or your gonna get written up ! The bathroom had lots of ants as well as there was no hotel booklet telling you about the amenities one of the pool umbrellas was busted and there was just a tired feel to the whole place
book it at a discount if your gonna stay there which i did . moved next day to better place. Shop and check out places carefully !

Room Tip: do your research !
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed in a premium waterfront suite and got room 12. I’m not sure how the other rooms are, but we loved our room. The layout was unique, it was pretty, modern and clean. The bed was great, it had a hot tub, and was extremely roomy. It had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and sink, no stove or oven. Room twelve is at the far right (west) of the hotel right on the water. Our balcony was partially blocked by a large boat tied up to the dock, but we were just steps a way from the deck with lounge chairs, just like the pictures. One thing that I did not read anywhere is that the sunrise was amazing from the deck. We got up early and read on the deck as the sun came up. We got some spectacular pictures over the water. The pool was clean and refreshing. The parking lot is small and tight and always seemed to have one space open. It is a nice, comfortable place and a peaceful and cool style. There was nothing dated about our room or anything. We did see some tiny ants, only near the deck door, but you could barely see them and they did not get into anything or bother us.
Probably the best thing about it is the value. It was a great high-end room for an average room cost. We did not see any other rooms, but it was a very small amount of money to upgrade rooms and I would definitely recommend it. The walk to the beach is a few minutes on safe sidewalks and it was nice. The beach was near empty at sunset for some reason, not sure if it is always like that. The room and even the porch were very quiet even when the nearby bars were at their peak. You just hear fish splashing and some birds. There were a lot of birds actually. We did not eat at the restaurant, but had a great pizza at Key Largo. The walk from the bars and stores was nice and safe even at night. We only stayed one night just to see this part of the island, but we enjoyed it very much.
I just can’t think of anything bad to say about it.

Room Tip: Get the premium waterfront for only a small increase in money
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here for a week here to watch some cricket in St. Lucia. The hotel was one of the recommendations from Amex Travel desk and I know they were right the moment I got there.

The hotel had arranged for a cab to pick me up.. check in was smooth. The hotel did not have land line or intercom and gave a cell phone instead (local calls were free, receiving calls were free and that worked great for me).

My room was spacious and had fantastic view of Rodney Bay.. The whole ambiance of the room just screamed luxury. The staff was friendly, helped me every time I had a question or concern. The in-house restaurant/bar were pretty good. There are some stores, an internet cafe, and Wifi was free near the reception area and worked well enough.

The resort is few minutes away from the Cricket ground and is also close to a lot of attractions. You will of course need a transport and hotel will gladly arrange for one.

The Nightlife of Castires with bunch of bars, clubs etc are a few minutes of walk and it seemed very very safe to walk alone at late night.

Would love to stay again.

Last stayed here July 1 - July 7, 2009.

Room Tip: 1. Have a drink or two at "The Lime" which is pretty close by. Worth the visit and it is o...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

We had the opportunity of looking around before choosing this hotel, it is small friendly hotel situation on the harbour side with great views in a truly relaxing environment. the hotel is centrally located within a few minutes walk of all the bars and restaurants Rodney Bay has to offer and only 3 minutes walk from reduit beach the best in St Lucia. We stayed in a luxury suite with jacuzzi and our own balcony and separate sun deck, theyvare well worth the extra money over the regular rooms, the rooms are large with a lounge kitchenette and plenty of wardrobe space, the view across the harbour was great and we had our own piece of tranquility in this wonderful island. The hotel has a pub that serves breakfast and a delux restaurant called the edge for that special holiday meal. We found the reception staff to be very friendly and helpful, a big thanks to Sharon who was always very helpful and provided excellent service with a smile throughout our stay. The hotel is 3* but don't be put off by this, the 4* properties we looked at did not offer the same comparable rooms and in general were not as good, over priced and crowded, this really is a little gem, and I have no issue with recommending it to others.

• Stayed December 2012
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed there last month I booked a Premium suite that sleeps 3 but there was only 1 bed room and u could hv seen that they just shift the chairs to the corner and placed in a cot in the LIVING ROOM .so who every slept there had no ac and the place was hot ,when I asked about it I was told thats how they do it there and I saw a other review where some one said they stayed in room 28 and thats a 1 bed room suite .In the hotels site I an sure I read that a premium suite is a large room, room 28 there was not enough walking space so I paid for a premium suite and got a classic certainly did not get what I paid for .The hotel was in a good location but when some one goes on a vacation they want comfort not to be cramped into a small room and at least they should get what is advertised and most importantly what is paid for ..

Room Tip: Call and speak to some one abt what u want dont book based on the pictures on their site.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I visited St Lucia Sept 2012. The island was beautiful but very hot. Our stay at Harmony Suites was memorable. The room was very clean and cozy. It was located near the stores and restraunts. Harmony Suites did not have any ice during our entire week stay. The refrigerator was very small. The food at the hotel restraunt was below average. We ordered breakfast one morning and my wife and I did not order again. We ate out pretty much everyday, which was rather expensive. We did not find a restraunt where we really enjoyed the food. If we ever return to St Lucia, we'll spend the extra money and stay at an all inclusive resort. The staff was nice, the swimming pool was warm ans relaxing. I would rate Harmony Suites as a 3.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room with a refrigerator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Central Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at Harmony on my first trip to St. Lucia on an Expedia package flight/lodging deal.

It was a good stay, very clean room, nice staff, and in a secure area. I would recommend this for those who are more the adventuresome type, that aren't looking for the all inclusive type resort many who travel here look for. We rented a car, and made our own adventure, and the resort was fantastic for a home base. Didn't eat here, but did use the kitchenette in the room.

I wasn't thrilled that the pool was only open from 6a-6pm, but we didn't end up with time to use it anyway after snorkeling, driving around and diving.

It is in walking distance to restaurants, grocery, and other amenities.

If you're going to whine about a few sugar ants around, go stay at Sandals and waste your $

I would definitely stay w/ Harmony again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harmony Suites? Share your experiences!