We chose Auberge Seraphine for proximity to Vigie Airport for an outbound flight and to get a feel for Castries while still enjoying a harbor view. Front desk service was good, but restaurant service lax and indifferent at breakfast, bordering on irritating. Dinner was better. I had a reasonably priced and wonderful rack of lamb both nights.
There are two walking routes to town. The walk should take you an unhurried 20 minutes. The short way is through a littered dirt path behind small boat docks, then through a gate leading to the cruise ship dock and its fancy stores (and a couple of places to get light meals during their opening hours). The long way is paralleling the airport which, for my wife and I (both pilots), was actually an attraction.
The pool and surrounding deck, with umbrella-covered tables, was very pleasant both by day and night. Probably 200 egrets roost in trees adjacent to the lilly-pad covered pool between the restaurant and parking area and the harbor which adds color and almost constant motion to the scene.
We'd definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small family run hotel in St. Lucia with one of the most popular restaurants on the island. An obvious choice for business travelers visiting Castries or Gros Islet because of its proximity to SLU airport, more and more vacationers are stopping into Auberge Seraphine for one or two nights during their stay on the island for an authentic local experience. While there is no beach, most rooms overlook the pool and beautiful Vielle Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Regatta Hotels, Hotels.com and Regatta Hotels so you can book your Auberge Seraphine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Seraphine Castries
- Auberge Seraphine Hotel Castries
- Auberge Seraphine St. Lucia/Castries